EdMan2 is offline Associate Member

Going from cutting to bulking

I've been cutting for about 5 months now. Gone from about 200 at 25% or so to about 155 at 11-12%. Now Starting in the next week I'm going to start bulking. How quickly should I raise my calories? I'm thinking about first jumping to maintenance level cals for week 1, then upping it by 300 cals a week until I reach about 4000 cals. My goal is to clean bulk, I want to gain a good amount of muscle while minimizing fat because I just don't want to fall back to my old fat self. Is this a good approach? Are my cals too high?

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdMan2
    I've been cutting for about 5 months now. Gone from about 200 at 25% or so to about 155 at 11-12%. Now Starting in the next week I'm going to start bulking. How quickly should I raise my calories? I'm thinking about first jumping to maintenance level cals for week 1, then upping it by 300 cals a week until I reach about 4000 cals. My goal is to clean bulk, I want to gain a good amount of muscle while minimizing fat because I just don't want to fall back to my old fat self. Is this a good approach? Are my cals too high?
    I cant give you an exact number but I like to gradually move up like when I first started to did my BMR then uped it 500 kcals then bumped them up a few hundred every few weeks or until the amount of kcals I was taking in was the amount I needed daily. I would say bump it up 500 or so and watch to see how much muscle/fat you put on if you put muscle on keep bumping it up a bit, if you notice unwanted fat then lower them a bit until you balance out.

bump, any input guys? I'm aiming on starting this next week.

oops, thanks for the post, when I was writing it there hadn't been any replies yet.

Thread Information