sgtallen is offline New Member

1st shot at cutting, please critique

I've been lifting for almost 9 years now and im ready to get over the perverbial "hump" now. my main goal is to cut and lose lower ab fat so i can go from the 2 pack to 6.

Ive never followed a steady diet ever, i basically just eat when im hungry, i dont eat fast food all the time and i never drink soda. most times i may just eat once a day, twice at the most. Through it all ive never had a problem putting on mass, and ive never been the type to lose it quickly either. Through out the entire time ive been training ive drank protein shakes maybe for one month consistantly and thats it. Since researching the boards and magazines i came to the conclusion that if i could do this with a crappy diet and no protein, then i could really see a major difference if i were to do it the right way. Below is a rough draft of a diet i wrote up, can any and all critiquing is welcome.

Stats- 5'6, 218, neck 18 1/2, arms 18 cold. bf:19-20ish

Wakeup (6:30) Protein shake
    Meal1-(7:45) cup of oats with a scoop of whey. 6-7 egg whites

Meal2-2 small cans of tuna or chicken breast with salad. 2 fish oil caps

Meal3-two small chicken breasts, salad, 1 tspn flax

Meal4-(Pre w/o 60-90 minutes prior) chicken breast, 1/2 cup of brown rice, salad.

Immediatly following workout: Whey Shake with dextrose and glutamine

Meal5-(60 minutes post workout) Lean steak or chicken, 1/2 cup of rice and mixed veggies.

Meal6- Im not really sre on this meal, being the last meal of the day i was thinking caesine shake with a ouple fish oil caps? feel free to plug in for this meal.

As far as supps, ill be using ON Whey with a multi vitamin, glutamine, b-12, flax and fish oil. Thanks and please critique away.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtallen
    I've been lifting for almost 9 years now and im ready to get over the perverbial "hump" now. my main goal is to cut and lose lower ab fat so i can go from the 2 pack to 6.

Ive never followed a steady diet ever, i basically just eat when im hungry, i dont eat fast food all the time and i never drink soda. most times i may just eat once a day, twice at the most. Through it all ive never had a problem putting on mass, and ive never been the type to lose it quickly either. Through out the entire time ive been training ive drank protein shakes maybe for one month consistantly and thats it. Since researching the boards and magazines i came to the conclusion that if i could do this with a crappy diet and no protein, then i could really see a major difference if i were to do it the right way. Below is a rough draft of a diet i wrote up, can any and all critiquing is welcome.

Stats- 5'6, 218, neck 18 1/2, arms 18 cold. bf:19-20ish

Wakeup (6:30) Protein shake
    Meal1-(7:45) cup of oats with a scoop of whey. 6-7 egg whites

Meal2-2 small cans of tuna or chicken breast with salad. 2 fish oil caps

Meal3-two small chicken breasts, salad, 1 tspn flax

Meal4-(Pre w/o 60-90 minutes prior) chicken breast, 1/2 cup of brown rice, salad.

Immediatly following workout: Whey Shake with dextrose and glutamine

Meal5-(60 minutes post workout) Lean steak or chicken, 1/2 cup of rice and mixed veggies.

Meal6- Im not really sre on this meal, being the last meal of the day i was thinking caesine shake with a ouple fish oil caps? feel free to plug in for this meal.

As far as supps, ill be using ON Whey with a multi vitamin, glutamine, b-12, flax and fish oil. Thanks and please critique away.
    Looks fairly good to me to. Can you break down your daily cals as well as macro's, then we'd have a better idea.

acording to an online calculater to lose 1lb per week my daily cals would be:2712, for 2 lbs=2212, it also says that the recommended range is between 2180-2616.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    are you planning on doing cardio?

of course, i plan to do boxing training, hitting the heavy bag and speed bag and jump rope, i alos go to the batting cages 3 times a week.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    At your weight I'd start cutting at about 3,000 cals on workout days and 2,600 on non workout days. I'd shoot for a ratio of 50/30/20
    Pro/Carb/Fat.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    ^^^^ yeah, it doens't seem like you have enough cals. you dont wanna start too low and starve your body. also, the boxing and jump rope is good a couple times a week...but you may want to include lower intesity cardio on an empty stomach also.

ok, thanks for the insight, but one thing i forgot to mention was that for the chicken breasts illbe having two intead of one, i thing im going to incorporate maybe another shake at meal number two, as well as the PWO and before bed (casein). So for the final meal before bed ill have maybe some egg whites or chicken with the casein and flax? how does that sound?

Thread Information