SpinalTap is offline Junior Member

Noob with a plan...probably a bad one (help)

I'm 18, have about 15% bodyfat, weigh 165, height of 6 feet. Never worked out before, but will start doing so at my college. My question though, is mostly for you all to critique my plan of getting my bodyfat percent down. When not flexing I pretty much have a potbelly, when I do I have a 4 pack and then flab below it...kinda bothers me.

So basically I will jog for 40-60 minutes when I first wake up on an empty stomach, shower, then eat some SPECIAL instant oatmeal. I say special because I have 2 packets of it and the combined nutrition facts are: 12g fiber, 2g sugar, 14g protein. Pretty good for instant eh?

By now it's 10 oclock, I go to my classes, come home at 2, and eat either a chicken salad or some leftover dinner (usually spaghetti or some form of chicken).

Then for dinner itself its more chicken or steak or noodles or fish or something, usually good stuff.

That's about it I think.....I know I definitely need some more vegetables in there, and I drink no milk because of the sugar so I probably need a source of calcium too somewhere. I'm not working out YET so I probably don't need a bunch more protein at this time, just going for some BF lowering right now.

Any thoughts? It seems like I'm having way too many carbs. Should I just no matter what try to avoid them when I come right home from my classes, and just have them twice a day?

And I do take a multivitamin

Thank you
    Last edited by SpinalTap; 01-06-2006 at 12:49 AM.

dbo85 is offline New Member
    So how do you figure that you are having too many carbs... from looking at this diet plan i see almost no carbs other than your oatmeal in the morning??? Some more info on exactly what you are eating would be helpful as well.

Also wouldnt suggest jogging in the morning possibly try walking, biking, etc. nothing too intense. Try to keep your heart rate between 130-150.

dude im 6'3" 195 and i consider myself to be a skinny mother****er. i have never done a cutting diet in my life and do not plan to until i get a little over 200 solid. i am constantly eating everything in sight. if youve never worked out before and you start now your upper torso will get huge and you wont notice that vanity belly fat.

i will still notice that its not a 6 pack though

and dbo85, the carbs come from oatmeal, the sometimes spaghetti leftovers (I've had them for 2 days in a row now) and then for dinner we often have more carbs. thats basically all i eat in a day, oatmeal, chicken, noodles/potatoes. and yeah, thats about where i try to keep my heart rate (75% of 220-18 = about 150)

I'm not sure how many carbs it is exactly though...since there arent nutrition labels on my moms dinners...she needs to get workin on that.

Maybe youre right though...maybe I should just forget cutting until I have more muscle on me, since muscle aids with cutting anyways. I'll just throw in a protein shake and maybe some chicken.

dbo85 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap

and dbo85, the carbs come from oatmeal, the sometimes spaghetti leftovers (I've had them for 2 days in a row now) and then for dinner we often have more carbs. thats basically all i eat in a day, oatmeal, chicken, noodles/potatoes. and yeah, thats about where i try to keep my heart rate (75% of 220-18 = about 150)
    I'm not sure how many carbs it is exactly though...since there arent nutrition labels on my moms dinners...she needs to get workin on that.
    Sweet bro... sounds like you know what you are doing then huh? If you can keep your heart rate in the 150 range while jogging for 60 minutes then props man. But ya try getting some of the nutrition facts posted so that we can see exactly what you are consuming... and i know your moms dinners dont have labels but the food that she makes these dinners from do.. maybe take a look????

Thread Information