dbo85 is offline New Member

Exclamation Help with cutting weight!!!

Well I'm 6'00" and approx. 205lb body fat % somewhere around 15-17. I'm trying to cut down to approx. 10% and wondering if you all could critique this new diet i'm trying. It looks something like this:

1st Meal 8:00: 3/4 cup oatmeal, 3-4 egg whites
    2nd Meal 10:30: 30g of Whey Protein
    3rd Meal 12:30: 1 Can of tuna
    4th Meal 3:30: 1 Can of tuna ,2 tbsp mayo, veggies
    5th Meal Pre WO 8:30: Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Veggies, 1 spoon PB
    Workout
    PWO 10:15: 30g Whey Protein

Now I know that i should try getting some thing in between the 4th and 5th meal but it is difficult as I am usually working at this time.... any suggestions would be great i just dont feel like i am losing much.... oh and i do cardio daily 45min... i try for the morning but sometimes it doesnt happen until right before the workout. Please help.....

Bump

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    CAPS!

Quote Originally Posted by dbo85
    Well I'm 6'00" and approx. 205lb body fat % somewhere around 15-17. I'm trying to cut down to approx. 10% and wondering if you all could critique this new diet i'm trying. It looks something like this:

1st Meal 8:00: 3/4 cup oatmeal, 3-4 egg whites
    Where is the protein? Need more pro here.

2nd Meal 10:30: 30g of Whey Protein
    where is your FATS?

3rd Meal 12:30: 1 Can of tuna
    Again no FATS! Need some bro...

4th Meal 3:30: 1 Can of tuna ,2 tbsp mayo, veggies
    Drop it down to 1 TBSP mayo.. can you say "can i have some tuna with my mayo?"

5th Meal Pre WO 8:30: Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Veggies, 1 spoon PB
    Mixing of carbs and fats...A No..No..

Workout
    PWO 10:15: 30g Whey Protein
    Where is your moderate to high GI carb? Dextrose is good. 2:1 carb to pro

Now I know that i should try getting some thing in between the 4th and 5th meal but it is difficult as I am usually working at this time.... any suggestions would be great i just dont feel like i am losing much.... oh and i do cardio daily 45min... i try for the morning but sometimes it doesnt happen until right before the workout. Please help.....
    Read the cutting stickie and when i have more time me and the others can pick it apart. Not a bad start but reading the stickie will definately bring you up to speed.

Later

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    CAPS!

Read the cutting stickie and when i have more time me and the others can pick it apart. Not a bad start but reading the stickie will definately bring you up to speed.

Later
    Thanks for the help bro it is much appreciated... i will definately look at that sticky again and change some stuff around.. once again thanks for the pointers i will repost once i come up with something new

Peace

Ok hows this look:

Morning 8:00-9:00 Cardio

1st Meal 10:00: 3/4 cup oatmeal, 5-6 egg whites, 30g Whey Protein
    2nd Meal 11:30: 30g of Whey Protein, 3 flaxseed caps
    3rd Meal 1:00: 1 Can of tuna,1tbsp mayo (not 2)
    4th Meal 3:30: 1 Can of tuna ,1 tbsp mayo, 2tbsp PB, 3 flaxseed caps
    5th Meal Pre WO 8:30: Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Veggies,
    Workout
    PWO 10:30: 50g Whey Protein
    PPWO 11:30: 1/4 cup almonds, 1tbsp PB, 30g Whey Protein

I think i did that right... not sure I feel like I should maybe throw another meal in before the workout and switch meal 5 to PWO???? Let me know what you think. Thanks for the patience guys

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    OK, lets take a look... IN CAPS

Quote Originally Posted by dbo85
    Ok hows this look:

OK

LOOKS GOOD

I WOULD SUGGEST A SOLID FOOD CHOICE HERE SUCH AS CHICKEN, TUNA, STEAK, SALMON..KEEP THE SHAKES TO A MINIMUM

VERY GOOD

LOOKS GOOD BUT TO MANY FATS, DROP THE PB AND LATER DROP CAPS
    [BR]
    WHY THE HUGE TIME GAP WITHOUT A MEAL? REMEMBER 2.5-3HOURS APART

I SEE NO REASON TO HAVE PRO/CARB HERE..BUT YOU CAN TRY FOR AWHILE AND THEN SWITCH TO PRO/FAT AND SEE WHICH IS BETTER, I PREFER PRO FAT AS YOUR MAIN SOURCE OF CARBS SHOULD COME IN PWOP & PPWO

Workout

ONCE AGAIN, WHERE IS YOUR CARBS? REMEMBER IT IS 2:1 RATIO IE: 50G PRO/100G DEXTROSE

DROP THE SHAKE AND THE FATS, THIS SHOULD BE A PRO/CARB MEAL TOTALLY DITCH THIS APPRAOCH AND MAKE IT CHICKEN BREAST, AND YOUR CHOICE OF CARB IE: 100% ROLLED OATS (DASH OF SPLENDA), BROWN RICE, SWEET POTATOE

I think i did that right... not sure I feel like I should maybe throw another meal in before the workout and switch meal 5 to PWO???? Let me know what you think. Thanks for the patience guys
    ALL IN ALL I SEE YOU HAVE ACTUALLY TAKEN SOME TIME AND RE-READ THE CUTTING STICKIE AS THIS APPROACH IS MUCH BETTER THAN YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT, TO BE HONEST I WOULD'NT HAVE WASTED MY TIME IF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AS SHITTY AS THE FIRST TIME...WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP BUT WE WILL NOT DO IT FOR YOU/ANYONE. IT IS YOUR BODY AND YOU MUST LEARN WHAT WORKS FOR YOU AS IT MAY NOT WORK FOR ME OR THE OTHER GUYS, IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT THAT ALTHOUGH THESE MEALS LOOK GOOD IN ESSENCE, DO THEY MEET YOUR TOTAL KCAL NEEDS? TRY USING www.fitday.com TO HELP YOU CALCULATE MACROS AND IT WORKS AWESOME WHEN YOU HIT A PLATEU AND YOU NEED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS...HOPE THIS HELPS

hey thanks for the help man i really appreciate all the pointers i will definately check out that site and try changing some stuff around... as far as the gap between the 4th and 5th meal its usually hard for me to eat at this time as i am usually working with no breaks but i will definately try to fit something in... if i want it bad enough i'll make it happen.. but thanks again for all the help

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbo85
    Ok hows this look:

OK

LOOKS GOOD

I WOULD SUGGEST A SOLID FOOD CHOICE HERE SUCH AS CHICKEN, TUNA, STEAK, SALMON..KEEP THE SHAKES TO A MINIMUM

VERY GOOD

LOOKS GOOD BUT TO MANY FATS, DROP THE PB AND LATER DROP CAPS
    [BR]
    WHY THE HUGE TIME GAP WITHOUT A MEAL? REMEMBER 2.5-3HOURS APART

I SEE NO REASON TO HAVE PRO/CARB HERE..BUT YOU CAN TRY FOR AWHILE AND THEN SWITCH TO PRO/FAT AND SEE WHICH IS BETTER, I PREFER PRO FAT AS YOUR MAIN SOURCE OF CARBS SHOULD COME IN PWOP & PPWO

Workout

ONCE AGAIN, WHERE IS YOUR CARBS? REMEMBER IT IS 2:1 RATIO IE: 50G PRO/100G DEXTROSE

DROP THE SHAKE AND THE FATS, THIS SHOULD BE A PRO/CARB MEAL TOTALLY DITCH THIS APPRAOCH AND MAKE IT CHICKEN BREAST, AND YOUR CHOICE OF CARB IE: 100% ROLLED OATS (DASH OF SPLENDA), BROWN RICE, SWEET POTATOE

ALL IN ALL I SEE YOU HAVE ACTUALLY TAKEN SOME TIME AND RE-READ THE CUTTING STICKIE AS THIS APPROACH IS MUCH BETTER THAN YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT, TO BE HONEST I WOULD'NT HAVE WASTED MY TIME IF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AS SHITTY AS THE FIRST TIME...WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP BUT WE WILL NOT DO IT FOR YOU/ANYONE. IT IS YOUR BODY AND YOU MUST LEARN WHAT WORKS FOR YOU AS IT MAY NOT WORK FOR ME OR THE OTHER GUYS, IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT THAT ALTHOUGH THESE MEALS LOOK GOOD IN ESSENCE, DO THEY MEET YOUR TOTAL KCAL NEEDS? TRY USING www.fitday.com TO HELP YOU CALCULATE MACROS AND IT WORKS AWESOME WHEN YOU HIT A PLATEU AND YOU NEED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS...HOPE THIS HELPS

I agree 100% with this and the time gap between your meals where you are at work without breaks IMO is where if I was going to have a shake this is where I would do it. You know take a 1 minute bathroom break, add water slam shake back and return to work.
    Last edited by Canadiantiger; 01-07-2006 at 09:48 AM.

Well i'm at work and i took your advice... brought a protein shake for that break in between meal 4 and 5. Thanks for the help guys

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Good Luck and keep us updated with your progress

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    I think a pro/carb post workout is ideal!!!!!! Def. don't mix all three, put do a search on pro/carb before workout's and you might change your mind on that pro/fat meal..

Thread Information