paddy155 is offline Member

favourite source of protein ?

was just wondering what type of food you guys prefer to get your protein from?i need some idea's guy's.i know all my protein sources but can't find the right one for me to take to work.i have tryed my best to eat protein,but it just is not happing.i can't stand the stuff.just need some idea's guy's.thanks

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy155
    was just wondering what type of food you guys prefer to get your protein from?i need some idea's guy's.i know all my protein sources but can't find the right one for me to take to work.i have tryed my best to eat protein,but it just is not happing.i can't stand the stuff.just need some idea's guy's.thanks
    i like chicken, and whey. shakes are easy to take to work. put whey into cup. dont mix. at work add water. shake and enjoy.

u say u dont like protein? why is that???

paddy155 is offline Member
    it's not the protein.i love protein.it's trying to take it at work.i thought tuna would have been the best choice,but i just can not force it down.

D9S0M is offline Associate Member
    it's not the protein.i love protein.it's trying to take it at work.i thought tuna would have been the best choice,but i just can not force it down.
    hey bro i know wat u mean..put 2 tbsp of mayo and chopped onion in with your tuna that will def help..Great pro/fat meal.
    Last edited by D9S0M; 01-07-2006 at 07:40 AM.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by D9S0M
    hey bro i know wat u mean..put 2 tbsp of mayo and chopped onion in with your tuna that will def help..Great pro/fat meal.
    Or you can throw flax,udo's, or Olive oil on there and that will be even better!

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    I have been experimenting with putting oats through a coffee grinder and then adding protein powder (of choice) to make my own meal replacement shake. I used to take a gainer to work when I was busy but didn't care for the bloat from them. It raises the G.I. of the oats some from what I have read but unless your cutting I don't believe it matters much. It tastes pretty good and is very conveniant in a pinch.

yom
    yom is offline Associate Member
    lean minced beef with toamto sauce
    curried chicken
    silverside

Epiphany is offline Female Member
    Chicken, by far, is the simplest way to go--cut it up, put in a ziplock bag w/a fork--takes 3 minutes to eat, and goes down a lot easier than tuna.

Protein muffins are great too, you can make a bunch the night before & take a few to work--they taste good and are a pretty good protein/carb meal (use oats instead of flour, ofcourse). Let me know if you need the recipe...

Hammerman is offline Junior Member
    STEAK! Chicken for normal though, but steak is the tastiest!

pilipo is offline Junior Member
    chicken breast and brown rice cook it the night before put it in a sealed container it will stay good dont worry.

bigtraps is offline Member
    Hickory smoked tuna. (Starkist, comes in a bag)

It taste good by it's self or - on salads - mixed it with broccoli and flax - or with your rice - on top of you potatoes.

Great flavor!

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Cottage Cheese

Hands down for the pre-sleep meal. SLow release and tasty.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Fav. protein.. hands down STEAK!

But I am forced to buy the big 10lbs bag of frozen chicken breasts... so I cook half a bag of WW pasta and four of the breasts with some homemade meatsauce and i have two great meals!

Grappler throw dow two tblespn of PB get some more protein and the fat will slow dow the digestion of the cottage cheese, but gotta agree satisfying and tasy!

oldandgrim is offline Associate Member
    I agree with eating protein at work. I used to like tuna but now i cannot stand the smell let alone the taste. I add gelatine to a high dose protein drink and chill it with some cooked fruit int it. It makes a great tasting pudding and travels well.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Turkey breasts for me. I eat about 5-6 a day. Then tuna.

Thread Information