mxer_kx is offline Junior Member

cheap college meals

hello all can anyone recommend some cheap pro/fat and pro/carb meals i can bring to school with me i was thinking for pro/fat i could bring tuna with mayo in a container , pre cooked ground turkey with fat free sour cream in a container and micro wave it in the cafe, and egg whites with peanut butter butter in a container that i could also just warm up and for pro carb all i got is sliced turkey breast on whole wheat bread with fat free mayo any other suggestions for both ?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by mxer_kx
    hello all can anyone recommend some cheap pro/fat and pro/carb meals i can bring to school with me i was thinking for pro/fat i could bring tuna with mayo in a container , pre cooked ground turkey with fat free sour cream in a container and micro wave it in the cafe, and egg whites with peanut butter butter in a container that i could also just warm up and for pro carb all i got is sliced turkey breast on whole wheat bread with fat free mayo any other suggestions for both ?
    looks like you have the answers..if you need reassurance then i can assure you sir that you are correct and should bring some tuna/mayo with you as well as some egg whites & PB. I would drop the mayon on the turkey/wheat bread but if you must..put very little or maybe thropw mustard on there instead?

Peace

fat free mayo would'nt be alright for a little taste and texture? ,also i usualy eat eggs whites for breakfast and again at night thats why i was trying to avoid them during the day maybe ill get those ready maid hard boiled eggs and put a little fat free mayo in ther eat them also how many yolks should i keep with the hard boiled eggs? and is ther any other CHEAP alternatives you can think of?

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro my first year of college I would just go to the cafe to eat but my second year I started to try to make meals better. Now my third year I have it all down. The truth is its expensive to eat they way we do and half assing it will get you just that. check out this link just some tips I picked up along the way not rocket science but it will get you through college

For those who need college diet tips

thanks brotha im still living at home though so cooking is no problem ive tried to limit whole chicken breast one time a day cause id be going through $20 a box every 3 days other wise so this way 12 last me almost a week i guess i should have been more specific though what are some ?portable? (can bring in a plastic container) pro/fat pro /carb meals i can bring to school with me and eat on breaks other then the ones i listed id perfer not to bring eggs with me either as i already eat them twice a day already any ideas would be great thanks in advance

Thats new to me, sounds nasty!

thanks brotha im still living at home though so cooking is no problem ive tried to limit whole chicken breast one time a day cause id be going through $20 a box every 3 days other wise so this way 12 last me almost a week i guess i should have been more specific though what are some ?portable? (can bring in a plastic container) pro/fat pro /carb meals i can bring to school with me and eat on breaks other then the ones i listed id perfer not to bring eggs with me either as i already eat them twice a day already any ideas would be great thanks in advance
    I take whatever I need with me if its chicken and rice or a shake I used to take milk with me and other cooled items in a cooler. Anything is protable beef, chicken, tuna, rice, bread,pasta (as long as its cooked and you dont mind eating it cold) cheese, oils. just cook your food pack it up and go last semester I ate my second meal (chicken/broccoli/olive oil) on a bench after my anatomy cadaver exploration on a bench. Now I eat my prework out(shake, brown rice, small chicken breast, banana) right after class as well

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    3 CHICKEN BREASTS n 2 CUPS(uncooked) ww PASTA through in a tuperware with some marinara you have about 100gpro 90gcarb and super low in fat.

so how does this sound

meal1 (at home) 8 egg whites with sliced chicken/turkey and 3 slices of carb wise whole wheat toast
    meal2 (at school) can of tuna with mayo
    meal3(at school) sliced turkeybreast on carb wise whole wheat bread with fat free mayo
    meal4(at school) extra lean ground beef with fat free sour cream(for taste)
    meal5(at home) pre work out 40 gram whey protein shake with udos oil blend( or should i remove the udos and eat a banana or some sort of carb ?)
    meal 6 pwo shake (on the way home from gym)
    meal 7 ppwo meal (at home) 2 turkey breast and whole wheat pasta
    meal 8 (at home )8 egg whites with all natty peanut butter

now should i elimante meal 5 and try to find casein protein and have that as my last "meal" ?

oh i forgot to add i usualy have a salad with fat free dressing once a with meal3 sometimes with my ppwo meal aswell

so how does this sound

meal1 (at home) 8 egg whites with sliced chicken/turkey and 3 slices of carb wise whole wheat toast
    meal2 (at school) can of tuna with mayo
    meal3(at school) sliced turkeybreast on carb wise whole wheat bread with fat free mayo
    meal4(at school) extra lean ground beef with fat free sour cream(for taste)
    meal5(at home) pre work out 40 gram whey protein shake with udos oil blend( or should i remove the udos and eat a banana or some sort of carb ?)
    meal 6 pwo shake (on the way home from gym)
    meal 7 ppwo meal (at home) 2 turkey breast and whole wheat pasta
    meal 8 (at home )8 egg whites with all natty peanut butter

now should i elimante meal 5 and try to find casein protein and have that as my last "meal" ?
    1(I would use oats [personally) and 2(full fat mayo) and 3 look good
    4 you ned something to go with the beef carb/fat
    5 its up to you carbs=energy I tried pro/fat for a while but I didnt like it if you do make it carbs use a slow carb like brown rice you can have the banana as well
    6 you need carbs to go with that shake 2:1 ratio it can be any type of carb I like fruit and oats or bread some type of carb
    7 I'm not sure about pasta johan would know for sure but I know lots of guys say use brown rice
    8 I would go with cottage cheese with some eggs you could have a couple whole eggs for the fat with PB

also you need some oils in there like flax for your EFA's and fruits and veggies of course
    Last edited by 24labor; 01-09-2006 at 10:09 PM.

i thought the beef alone contained enough fat to make it a pro/fat meal or does it need to be another source of fat , as for for my pwo shake its 50 grms whey isolate protein and 100 grms dextrose and as for the whole wheat bread and pasta they are recommended in the bulking sticky

also would salad be fine for vegetable or doest it need to be someing thing high in carbs like green peas and carrots? and as for the frutis would a apple or two do for meal 1 and/or 4

Thread Information