KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard

Diet Help/Question

Hi all, I'm posting this thread for opinions on a diet which I am currently starting. I'm planning to run this diet for 8 weeks, it was a friends of mine who recently competed in his first show. This was his diet 8 weeks out.

Meal 1: 5 egg whites 2 whole eggs = 7 total
    Meal 2: Protien Shake
    Meal 3: Chicken
    Cabbage
    1/2 sweet potato
    Meal 4: Protien Shake
    Meal 5: Orange Roughy (Fish)
    Steamed Brocholli
    1/2 Sweet Potato
    Meal 6: (*if able*) Protien Shake

1-2 Gallons of water a day
    Crystal Light for sugar cravings and the sweet tooth

I am hoping to get int to ketosis with this but am worried that it may be too many carbs. ANY opinions are more than welcome!!!!

KunipshunFit

PS...I may have posted this diet in response to another thread on a seperate forum and apologize in advance for it's repeat. I figured this would be the place to be for this question.

Thanx again!

jbrand is offline Member
    You will need to be consuming less than 30g of carbohydrates a day to initially get into ketosis. After a few weeks (assuming you are coming out for a carb-up) you will be able to moderately increase carbs (about double) and still reach ketosis in which the brain becomes used to running on ketones as an adequete energy source. You may have to ditch the potato and save your carb intake for veggies and trace carbs.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    go buy some ketostix at a Pharmacy, keep lowering your carbs until your right out of being in ketosis. if you start to fall into ketosis, then up your carb a little, you want to stay just out of ketosis, so by using the ketostixs as a guide you can adjust your carb intake.

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    go buy some ketostix at a Pharmacy, keep lowering your carbs until your right out of being in ketosis. if you start to fall into ketosis, then up your carb a little, you want to stay just out of ketosis, so by using the ketostixs as a guide you can adjust your carb intake.
    Why do you want to stay out of ketosis? Really deep levels (darker colors on the ketostix) can reflect dehydration, but as far as efficiency with the diet, your body has to switch from glucose -> ketones. There is a fine line between being in and out of ketosis.

i'm trying this 1 whole sweet potato per day for the first week, next week I am going to drop down to 1/2 sweet potato per day and that will last for 1 week, finally for the final 5-6 weeks i'm going to try to go all protien and NO sweet potato

I think this is a slow enough and delayed enough time for me to adjust to the diet, what do you guyz think?

Kunipshun

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Everyone has some real good advice here. I would suggest shooting beenie or llbeastcd a pm. They both have first hand experience in this sort of diet and can really help you out with any questions that you may have.
    Tobey

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Speaking of llbeast. Where the hell has he been? Have not seen him in at least a few weeks, do I just keep missing him?

You can also try a carb rotation diet. I love it.

Thanx for the advice and the idea about who to PM....will investigate with them further...THANX

Kunipshun

Thread Information