Always Liftin' is offline Associate Member

Something easier than whey/oats shake?

Well somebody gave me the idea for my meal number 2 that i could try whey and oats blended. Today i tried it and nearly threw up 3 time, i mean the gritty taste literally would get caught in my throat and make me gag. Any other ideas for a really quick pro/carb meal. Were talking like i have 3 mins to get from one class to another (im in highschool).

Thanks
    AL

Throw a banana in with the whey.

well ,i have strawberr and chocolate whey, which do u think would be better?
    I will be getting vanilla cassien soon and will use that...

Quote Originally Posted by Always Liftin'
    well ,i have strawberr and chocolate whey, which do u think would be better?
    I will be getting vanilla cassien soon and will use that...
    I put banana in with all those flavours and they all taste good,presonal preference which would be best though.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    ever think of uesing whey/dex ????

Beast_03 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    ever think of uesing whey/dex ????
    whey/dex is only good for pwo IMO

Beast_03 is offline Junior Member
    the gritty taste literally would get caught in my throat and make me gag.
    LMAO! bro i know exactly wut u mean, i used to drink that shake every breakfast for months. I think im gonna start it up again soon cuz it works really well for gaining weight, just need to find a way to keep it down lol. Try adding more milk (if thats wut u use) im gonna try it today n see wut its like, hopefully it will make it less gritty.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    o shit i thought he was asking about PWO

chest6 is offline Banned
    sweet potatoes?

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Well somebody gave me the idea for my meal number 2 that i could try whey and oats blended. Today i tried it and nearly threw up 3 time, i mean the gritty taste literally would get caught in my throat and make me gag. Any other ideas for a really quick pro/carb meal. Were talking like i have 3 mins to get from one class to another (im in highschool).

Thanks
    AL
    LOL, part of the game bud. Make sure you leave it in the blender for a good couple mintues to make sure the oats are ground up really fine. ALso add more water so the oat/liquid concentration isnt has high. You could also cook the oats first so they will be soggy and not grainy before throwing them in the blender. Add soem splenda to it for a better taste as well. Or even half a bana with the oats. Another option is you could throw cooked sweet potatoe in there. Get creative man, that's what this lifestyle is about. You'll get used to it. A banana woudl work, but they are pretty damn gylcemic with lots of sugar. If you decide to use banana though, then try to put half banaa and half the oats in tehre. you should eb able to get it down then.

hmm the problem is how would i prepare it, because i cant blend it during school lol..

blend it the night before! get one of those small belnders that are used to blend dry things as well as liquids- like ones chefs use for chopping up nuts basically into dust!

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    hmm the problem is how would i prepare it, because i cant blend it during school lol..
    Get some of the "old fashion" style quaker oats. Not that instant crap (which is just chopped up into really fine pieces). Put a couple scopes of that in a glass, a scope of protein powder, and some water. It tastes good to me.

When I was in highschool I would bring a sandwhich (whole wheat bread or rye is best) with some turkey on it. Just gulp it down between classes and stop in the hall to get some water to wash it down. Haha

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I do that all the time. I don't know what type of blender you have but mine has med then high. I blend starting at med then high, then it has a liquify button. After i run that for 2 mins the oats just slide down.

thanks guys, i will try to blend it up better, and blend it dry on days i have school, thanks i appreciate the help bros

Thread Information