Thread: PWO questions

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member

PWO questions

I am cutting right now. I was doing a 3/3 split in the am (3 days cardio/ 3 days lifting). I usally follow up lifting with a pro/dex shake and about an hr later a pro/carb meal. I bought a home gym so I now I am doing cardio in the morn 5-6 days a week and lifting in the evening on a 4 day split.

I lift at about 6:30 pm and get done around 7:15-7:30. I go to bed around 10:00-11:00. Should I drink a pro/dex shake at 7:30 followed up with a pro/carb meal at 8:30? Remember I am cutting. If not what is the proper protocall?

Bump

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    yeah sure man i dont see why not, do it for a couple weeks and see it u get results if not then re evalueate ur diet

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    yeah sure man i dont see why not, do it for a couple weeks and see it u get results if not then re evalueate ur diet
    The why not is....That is alot of carbs to taking in right before bed. But it is PWO and PPWO.

anyone else?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    The why not is....That is alot of carbs to taking in right before bed. But it is PWO and PPWO.

anyone else?
    Does your body not need to repair because its a certain time of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Does your body not need to repair because its a certain time of the day?
    Of course it does. This is where my delema comes in. I know my body needs it for muscle repair, but I have also been told your last meal of the day should be pro/fat...and to avoid carbs befroe you go to bed.

If I do the pro/dex & pro/carb meal will this hider my fat loss?? If not please give some what of an explination as to why.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    Of course it does. This is where my delema comes in. I know my body needs it for muscle repair, but I have also been told your last meal of the day should be pro/fat...and to avoid carbs befroe you go to bed.

If I do the pro/dex & pro/carb meal will this hider my fat loss?? If not please give some what of an explination as to why.
    Simply put, carbs before bed was a myth started by idiots during the low carb craze. There's no good reson you cannot have them before bed.

Kurz is offline Member
    Simply put, carbs before bed was a myth started by idiots during the low carb craze. There's no good reson you cannot have them before bed.
    Very nicely put.........

I finish training at 630, still manage 3 meals and crash by 9:15pm.....

Well, 2 are shakes.........

Well then....thats that. pro/dex & pro/carb before bed.

Always Liftin' is offline Associate Member
    Diamond, i would just do as you planned and forget about not having carbs before bed. My father lifts late and has carbs before bed and is looking great only 2 weeks into his cutting diet. I think (as somebody said above) that not having carbs before bed is a myth created by idiots during the "We love atkins" period.

Thread Information