aspengc8 is offline Junior Member

Possible to lose BF on a clean bulk?

I've been on a clean bulking diet lately. I have been lifting 2 days on, 1 day off, repeated. My weights are going up, and im starting to notice some size gains. My question is, if i start doing AM cardio on the OFF lifting days, is it possible to shed a little bodyfat while still gain strength and size?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i had a client who wanted to bulk at 11% and didnt really monitor diet...well i cleaned his diet up and started him low for a bulker (3200) and he gained 3lbs in 2 weeks but dropped to 9.5%. Used 3 site caliper test and i did it myself both times at the same time of day. it is possible i believe depending on how clean you eat now and how much you have tried to bulk in the past.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I think it depends on the person. Im sure ectomorphs could easily.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    i lose bf and and add muscle at 3200 CLEAN kcals

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    But i think if your looking to go into really low bf, it would be ver very hard to do with high kcals. You would def. need to lower them below maitnence.

Massacre is offline Senior Member
    i went from an all out bulk(all you can eat) to a clean bulk since i am about 21 weeks out from a show til week 12 well i will totally be cutting and i have lost plenty of weight and look alot better.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    theoreticaly possible. But it wont happen often. Trying to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time will be a waste of time since you will neither lose fat optimaly nor build muscle properly.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think that as long as you are in a caloric deficit during cardio (which you should be during morning cardio on an empty stomach) and in a caloric surplus the rest of the day, than you can lose fat and gain muscle.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    i think that as long as you are in a caloric deficit during cardio (which you should be during morning cardio on an empty stomach) and in a caloric surplus the rest of the day, than you can lose fat and gain muscle.
    No this is wrong. You are either in a full state of catabolisim or anabolisim. There is no medium. You are not losing BF when clean buling you are adding quality LBM with no fat gain. This of course will change your LBM to BF %'s. But you are not able to lose fat and gain muscle without the use of AAS. The two are at the oppsite ends of the spectrum.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Are there any exceptions? Ectomorphs/beginners? I know I and most/all can't do both.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Its possible to lose fat and gain quite a bit of strenght. I dont know if this means gaining muscle of if its just the CNS that gets more efficient from all the cardio ect. But I ALWAYS gain strenght while cutting.

But if I gain any muscle it must be small ammounts.

One real exception is Kevin Levrone

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    No this is wrong. You are either in a full state of catabolisim or anabolisim. There is no medium. You are not losing BF when clean buling you are adding quality LBM with no fat gain. This of course will change your LBM to BF %'s. But you are not able to lose fat and gain muscle without the use of AAS. The two are at the oppsite ends of the spectrum.
    Yup yup!!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Are there any exceptions? Ectomorphs/beginners? I know I and most/all can't do both.

Begginers can gain some muscle while cutting perhaps, but aside from that. Its not possible.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    oh okay.
    Last edited by kaptainkeezy04; 01-17-2006 at 09:26 AM.

aspengc8 is offline Junior Member
    Great Info. I'm going to continue to eat as much as I can (clean). It should make cutting a but easier once I have a good amount of muscle on me.

BuildaBeast is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    So if you were doing everything natty you can only try to maintain muscle and lose fat?

Quote Originally Posted by BuildaBeast
    So if you were doing everything natty you can only try to maintain muscle and lose fat?

Yes and even so once you get to a certain BF% you will find it very hard to not lose mass, your body has many ways of accomplishing this!

Always Liftin' is offline Associate Member
    ive gained 3 lbs in 1.5 weeks bulking, with about 400+ grams of protein and im only 171.5lbs, and yes it seems as though i have lost some bf% so i suppose it is possible...

Most likely you have gained LBM without gaining fat. So your body comp is improved. Again to lose fat and gain muscle is next to impossible without the use of androgens.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    only if ur new to the game.. once i got to 250+ clean bulk juts dosent kut it

Thread Information