My cutting preparations...Need help

I've took some time out to start calculating after viewing a sticky here about cutting. I did a cutter last year but it was nothing compared to a real strict one. I mean, I ate clean but I used NLarge at least once a day the whole way through and although I got really defined and seperated I was still holding a bit of water and didn't entirely execute my goal. Well, about 85% of it as it was probably the best looking I have looked in the last 5 years.

Anyways, since I am gonna compete a few months away I start dieting January 2nd being today. I have procrastinated and being that I've been sleeping all day I decided to do some researching and come up with this.

Feel free to add anything or let me know what I should take off. I have made a rather small outline of the preparations including supplements and diet stuff.

So I hope you all can help me out with the things I'm missing and this will be my first step into putting together my diet for tomarrow after I do my cardio.

Please read the bold for things I am a bit confused about.

PWO:
    Protein: 69g
    Carbs: 138g (Dex/Mal?)
    on Rambo's sticky it said 50% Dex / 50% Mal am I supposed to pick one of the two or should I do half of each? I always thought dex was the way to go?

Protein:
    Total: 2.0 per lb = 430g
    Ideal weight: 215lbs of LBM

Carbs:
    Breakfast: ?g (Oatmeal)
    Here I am confused on how much carb intake I should take in the morning. I understand that I should only take carbs PWO and breakfast but I am not sure exactly how much g of carbs I should intake for my goal
    PWO: 115g (Egg whites)

Fats:
    Total: ?g (Flax Oil, Nuts, Salmon, Olive Oil)
    Just like the carbs I am also confused on how much of these EFA I should be consuming throughout the day for my specific goal.

Supplements:
    Glutamine: Total: 10g split into 2 intervals of pre AM cardio & any other time other then PWO
    ALA/R ALA: I heard this is a good supplement for cutting. I've read breifly about it but nothing into depth. If you all recommend it then I might just give it a shot depending on how much of a diffrence it will make.
    No Xplode: Not sure if I should add this to my cutter or not. I have a bottle here which I would like to use but I don't know if it will help me or hurt me
    Creatine: Also uncertain about using creatine during a cutter. I don't want to look bloated or soft.

Cheat Meal:
    Although Maraxus said not to have any cheat meals at all I will be having a cheat meal. My question is how many can I have throughout the week and I know for a fact that the cheat meal/meals will only be consumed on the weekend.

Cardio:
    45 minutes in the AM along with 5g of glutamine
    I will upgrade to 1 hour as I get closer to the show.

Besides that... I also have a question about veggies. Do I need them? If so...what veggies would you recommend and why?

I appreciate all your help.

BTW, I'm 240lbs 6ft about 12-13%bf.

Thanks

Zapp is offline Banned
    What kind of cycle are you doing.. if any?

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    What kind of cycle are you doing.. if any?

I will be cycling now until a month prior to my show in early June.

So from today til about the first week of May I was originally gonna run this cycle:

700-750prop/weekly as my base
    400mg tren a/weekly for about 12 weeks
    50mg winstrol /ed for the last 6 weeks of the cycle

I ran into some complications with my home brewed prop and I got delayed on getting some "ingredients" so I started my cycle yesterday with Test E instead of prop. In about 8 weeks I'll switch to prop. Other then that everything else is on schedule.

TMS
    TMS is offline Banned
    Subscribe.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    I've took some time out to start calculating after viewing a sticky here about cutting. I did a cutter last year but it was nothing compared to a real strict one. I mean, I ate clean but I used NLarge at least once a day the whole way through and although I got really defined and seperated I was still holding a bit of water and didn't entirely execute my goal. Well, about 85% of it as it was probably the best looking I have looked in the last 5 years.

Anyways, since I am gonna compete a few months away I start dieting January 2nd being today. I have procrastinated and being that I've been sleeping all day I decided to do some researching and come up with this.

Feel free to add anything or let me know what I should take off. I have made a rather small outline of the preparations including supplements and diet stuff.

So I hope you all can help me out with the things I'm missing and this will be my first step into putting together my diet for tomarrow after I do my cardio.

Please read the bold for things I am a bit confused about.

PWO:
    Protein: 69g
    Carbs: 138g Dex will be fine.. sugar is pretty much sugar its going to create a spike regardless if u use a monosacharide or a disacharide, in the end its all converted to glucose/fructose
    on Rambo's sticky it said 50% Dex / 50% Mal am I supposed to pick one of the two or should I do half of each? I always thought dex was the way to go?

Protein:
    Total: 2.0 per lb = 430g shud be fine give or take about 25gPro
    Ideal weight: 215lbs of LBM

Carbs:
    Breakfast: ?g (Oatmeal)
    Here I am confused on how much carb intake I should take in the morning. I understand that I should only take carbs PWO and breakfast but I am not sure exactly how much g of carbs I should intake for my goal.
    My concept: when cutting ur going to be fairly depleted in glycogen so u need to time ur carbs because the amount consumed will be lower than what the body requires. i usually take Pro/Fat for breakfast to maintain lipolysis upon waking or post cardio.

if i have to use my brain i will consume minimal amount of carbs, since fat can not be converted to glucose and not all aminos are gluconeogenic so my brain will not function that well on whey alone... i try to time carbs 4hrs prior to weight training, pwo/ppwo thats it and the quantities are decreased greatly.

PWO: 115g (Egg whites) wat is this?!

Fats:
    Total: ?g (Flax Oil, Nuts, Salmon, Olive Oil)
    Just like the carbs I am also confused on how much of these EFA I should be consuming throughout the day for my specific goal.
    i would say around 70-85g of EFAs... avoid SAT FATS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE for they will play a role on ur biosynthesis of protein in a negative manner.

Supplements:
    Glutamine: Total: 10g split into 2 intervals of pre AM cardio & any other time other then PWO
    ok heres my spill on this, Glut is a gluconeogenic amino which means it can be converted to glucose though it is a minimal amount it can hinder lipolysis. i would use Alcar and i KNOW ur USING GH so shoot it about 20min prior to cardio this will work great to induce a higher state of lipolysis and preserve muscle mass. glutamine is great but i have started consuming it PostCardio to aid in recovery and to allow maximum fat burning relying on GH to help me Preserve my Muscle Mass. i also found IGF to be great for PWO instead of slin when cutting. an i know u like ur slin

ALA/R ALA: Great Stuff when cutting i take 200-300mg prior to each carb meal and when i take my CEE, metformin is better though if u kan get ur hands on it. I heard this is a good supplement for cutting. I've read breifly about it but nothing into depth. If you all recommend it then I might just give it a shot depending on how much of a diffrence it will make.
    No Xplode DONT BOTHER Use AAKG and CEE in pwdr form from like nutraplanet or something way betta and cost effective: Not sure if I should add this to my cutter or not. I have a bottle here which I would like to use but I don't know if it will help me or hurt me
    Creatine: Also uncertain about using creatine during a cutter. I don't want to look bloated or soft.

Cheat Meal:
    Although Maraxus said not to have any cheat meals at all I will be having a cheat meal. My question is how many can I have throughout the week and I know for a fact that the cheat meal/meals will only be consumed on the weekend. i cheat on the day prior to my favorite training day to make sure my glycogen reserves are high as possible for max lift usually this is sunday prior to chest. cheat meal would be like Steak and mashed taters w/ chip and dip. 1 cheat meal is FINE and can be beneifical unless ur like 5-6 weeks out from comp. if u do not even have 1 cheat meal life can become very bland and suicide isnt an uncommon thought! BUT TRY TO AVOID SAT FATS AND SIMPLE SUGARS COMBINED.. i.e. cookie dough or peanutbutter'n'brownsugar!

Cardio:
    45 minutes in the AM along with 5g of glutamine KEEP IT LOW intensity MONITOR HEAR RATE CAREFULLY, i know u go over board w/ shtuff so try to keep it around 65BPM to encourgage the body to release fatty acids for fuel but not to tap the muscle reserves.. there is a great read that ELITE posted on ur other board and Mr. Sparkle has in his aim profile its LONG AS **** but read it.I will upgrade to 1 hour as I get closer to the show.

Besides that... I also have a question about veggies. Do I need them? If so...what veggies would you recommend and why? yes FIBER and they burn fat. veggies help regulate blood glucose, they require more cals to digest than they are worth (great for cutting) and they have essential phytonutrients that are great for ur skin
    I appreciate all your help.

BTW, I'm 240lbs 6ft about 12-13%bf.

Thanks
    now give me LOVING!

TMS
    TMS is offline Banned
    Why the hell did I put Egg whites next to PWO?

You can tell I wrote this super late at night...

Tai, BTW...I'm not using HGH this time around. I also read not to use glutamine PWO on Rambo's sticky as it fights for absorption with the glutamine peptides in whey.

TMS
    TMS is offline Banned
    Everyone that reads this under the "Carb:" section please ignore the "PWO: 115g (Egg whites).

I have no idea why I put that there. It must've been a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS
    Why the hell did I put Egg whites next to PWO?

You can tell I wrote this super late at night...

Tai, BTW...I'm not using HGH this time around. I also read not to use glutamine PWO on Rambo's sticky as it fights for absorption with the glutamine peptides in whey.
    that sux bou tthe GH >< i thought u were COOL .. i seroiusly reccomend IGF though its very muscle sparing and helps burn fat.
    also im talking bout GLUTAMINE FOR POST CARDIO not PWO i only take glutmine 2x a day.. POSTcardio and PREWORK OUT

Everyone that reads this under the "Carb:" section please ignore the "PWO: 115g (Egg whites).

I have no idea why I put that there. It must've been a mistake.
    i know that had me rolling kuz i know LOTS of people that are whey protein deprived...that do liquid pasturized eggwhites pwo like NARK

TMS
    TMS is offline Banned
    I'm actually waiting for Nark to get back to me on this and I'm hoping SwoleCat can chime in here as well.

I need to get it a meal plan down together with every nutrient put together perfectly.

I'm actually waiting for Nark to get back to me on this and I'm hoping SwoleCat can chime in here as well.

I need to get it a meal plan down together with every nutrient put together perfectly.
    not hard
    just figure out how much pro/carb/fat u need to cut on and cal values
    then just put it together using lowest possible gi foods and possible seperation of fats and carbs... and timing is important too

TMS
    TMS is offline Banned
    Would you happen to know exactly how I can calculate how much carb/fat and cals I need to stay at the weight regiment which I plan to execute.

I calculated the protein so... I'm just stuck on everything else.

Always Liftin' is offline Associate Member
    same here bro^^ i have no clue how to calc how much i need...

TMS
    TMS is offline Banned
    bump

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i know that had me rolling kuz i know LOTS of people that are whey protein deprived...that do liquid pasturized eggwhites pwo like NARK
    can't i tell you a secret no more?

Dammit.. it's too late at night to be calculating. .but here goes Mass old boy

Proposed LBM 215 lbs

Thus proposed maintenance kcals: 2580 kcals

I think 2gr per lb LBM is too high for your protein intake.

Or at least, it doens't leave many carb/fat calories for you to train on.

Still i'll customise you diet on what you want..rather than what i'd do personally

pro: 430
    Carbs: 150
    fat: 28 grams.

As Tai suggested, you'd ingest carbs PWO and PPWO.

As Maraxus suggested, drop the cheat meal.. or at least restrict it to just one meal during the initial phase.

I find it easier NOT to cheat when i've completely eliminated junk food.

Veggies are a must.. In addition, a fiber supplement (with you protein intake being that high) is a must.

I can't really advise you on supps like Nox etc.. as i'm yet to use 'em

I would however.. add: b-complex, additional Vitamin-C, a fat-burner, chromium picolinate and ala.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    not hard
    just figure out how much pro/carb/fat u need to cut on and cal values
    then just put it together using lowest possible gi foods and possible seperation of fats and carbs... and timing is important too
    True

Going on what i supplied preciously:

pro: 430
    Carbs: 150
    fat: 28 grams

And splitting it over 7 meals:

Breakfast: Pro/fat

Mid-morning: Pro/fat

Lunch: pro/fat

pre-training: pro/fat

train...

pwo: pro/carb

ppwo: procarb

pre-bed: pro/fat

Over 7 meals... averaging appr/ 60 gram of protein per meal.

Thus you'll have 120 grams of carbs PWO.. and the other 30 PPWO

Seeing that your fat intake will be on the low side it'll be easy to manage.. you can probably get it all in from Flax capsules

Add green veggies to each meal other than the PWO meal and you're good to go

It'll be like this: e.g.

Breakfast: Pro/fat

2 cans of tuna + green veggies + metamucil+ 4 flax capsules

Mid-morning: Pro/fat

2 cans of tuna + green veggies + 4 flax capsules+multivitamin

(ingest the multi at this meal as the metamucil may hinder absorption)

Lunch: pro/fat

2 cans of tuna + green veggies + 4 flax capsules

pre-training: pro/fat

2 cans of tuna + green veggies + 4 flax capsules

train...

pwo: pro/carb

2-3 scoops pro; 120 grams dex; 200 mg chromium; 100 mg b-complex

ppwo: procarb

2 cans tuna + 1 potato + veggies +4 flax capsules + 200 mg chromium + 100 mg b-complex

pre-bed: pro/fat

Casein shake + metamucil + 4 flax capsules

TMS
    TMS is offline Banned
    Nark, you are the man and my special chocolate hersey kiss.

Thank you.

I'll take what you gave me and try to variate it so I won't get bored. With the calculations you've given me I feel that I can take care of the rest from this point on.

I will be keeping you updated on my progress and I'm gonna fly your ass over here to watch me spank everyone on stage this summer.

TMS
    TMS is offline Banned
    Also, Nark...

Should I start executing this diet now or how long before my show?

My show won't be til about... june.

Also, Nark...

Should I start executing this diet now or how long before my show?

My show won't be til about... june.
    bro thats dependend upon the individual.. if ur natty lean i would say 9-11 weeks .. if ur an endo start about 15-16 out

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    what the hell?! why'd mass get banned?

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    multiple accounts im guessing?

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i thought nark was gonna fix dat?

Studio_Guy is offline New Member

Flax Oil

How many milligrams per flax capsule. And since the flax has ALA is it ok to take more?

Thread Information