keth'naab is offline Associate Member

Okay, so here's the new plan...

Age - 34
    Height/weight/bodyfat - 5'8, 215, blubberous (will post pics this weekend, prolly 18%....moooooo.......)
    Training experience - 20+, including time spent recovering from every injury in the book
    Goals - gain muscle, lose fat, get strong, be happy, maintain erection, etc
    Limitations - shoulder reconstruction surgery and back issues cause me to have to do a variety of less-than-optimal exercises, military commitment causes me to have to a less-than-optimal schedule and an odd training routine

So without further ado (nutrient ratios in Pro g/CHO g/Fat g/total calories):

0600 - 0700 Cardio and abs
    0730 - 1/4c brown rice, 4 oz chicken breast, BBQ, 1T Flax (33/41/15/501)
    1030 - 1/4c rolled oats, 1 scoop choc whey, 1c skim (33/28/3/276)
    1130 - 1230 Lift weights
    1245 - PWO = 1/4c dextrose, 1/4c maltodextrin, 2 scoops Isopure (50/50/1/420)
    1330 - 1/2c plain yogurt, 1/2c fat free cottage cheese, 1 scoop choc whey, 1T flax (33/16/15/355)
    1530 - 1/4c rolled oats, 1 scoop choc whey, 1c skim (33/28/3/276)
    1630 - 1730 Lift weights
    1745 - PWO = = 1/4c dextrose, 1/4c maltodextrin, 2 scoops Isopure (50/50/1/420)
    1800 - 6 oz round steak, 2 T BBQ (36/12/10/290)
    2000 - Cardio
    During night - 1 scoop Isopure total (25/0/0/100)

That will be 3 days/week, total days' macronutrients (292/225/56/2640), ratios (45%/35%/20%)

on alternating days, I only lift weights once per day, so the 1745 PWO is nixed, the rolled oats from the 1530 pre-workout meal is nixed as well, total macro's on those 3 days (240/162/54/2150), nutrient ratios (46%/31%/23%)

then on Sundays, I don't workout at all, and I am lazy. I further eliminate the other PWO, dropping that day's ratios to (190/112/53/1730) and (45%/26.5%/28.5%)

calories are rounded off, BTW.

Supplements will be glucorell/sesapure, 6/day, and eph/caffeine 4/day

I honestly don't have the foggiest clue how many calories/day I need, because my metabolism has gotten goofy over the years. I know that the gluoc and the sesamax has worked wonders with allowing me to eat significantly more than I used to eat and still drop some bodyfat.

We shall see. Any constructive criticism appreciated. Thanks.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    your working out 4 times a day ??

3 times a week, yup

have to.

the mornign and evening cardio sessions are 30 minutes apiece, and the weight training sessions are about 45 minutes per, but that includes ALOT of warming up for me.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    you're working out way too much w/not enough calories! check here for your estimated calorie expedature:

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

and cut back to cardio and weights once a day. if you start working out that much now, you will only have to keep increasing your workout time to continue to get results. same goes for calories...start this low, and you'll end up eating even less later on.

also on a side note...1/4c of dex is 46g of carbs, not sure about the malto but i think your carb totals are quite a bit off in the PWO meal(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    you're working out way too much w/not enough calories!

*snip* thanks for the link! Gonna check it out and see what they come up with

*snip*

also on a side note...1/4c of dex is 46g of carbs, not sure about the malto but i think your carb totals are quite a bit off in the PWO meal(s)
    see, that's what I wondered too, but the maltodextrin is listed on the container (CarboGain) as being 50g per 1/2c.

I figured since the carbogain is pure maltodextrin and the dextrose is pure dextrose that the 1/2c would be...well...you get the message.

Wish I could get a definitive answer on this one

As for the training multiple times/day thing...don't sweat that. I'm a soldier, I'm used to it.

EDIT - holy wowow!!! That calorie counter says I need 4500 kcal/day!?!?!?
    Last edited by keth'naab; 01-27-2006 at 12:34 PM.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    man i was in the army 4 years and all i had to do was PT (I got exempt after a while, but this was after technical school). which was pretty intense, but only once a day. since it was before breakfast i used it as my cardio no matter what it was...push ups, sit ups, running, those fuking flutter kicks (but if it was a push up day or whatever...srength and conditioning or something...i would do legs that day). at first i used to do what you do, lift during lunch and do extra cardio at night. i couldnt figure out why i wasnt losing weight up to a certain point. until i stopped with the extra cardio completely. I would just lift at lunch (i had a 5 day split). the only day we didnt really do much was sports day, which was every tuesday. so i would just use that day is my "day off". then i would do my own cardio on the weekends. i looked the best i ever did for the last 2 years i was in the army.

that was long i know, but the moral of the story is make the "required" workouts work for YOU

normally I do the stairmill and abs, and all is well, but I'm at the NCO Academy now, so I can't just do what I want.

makes it tougher. :P

Thread Information