Anthony C is offline Associate Member

Lost alot and stoped

This is a great message board and Im hoping someone could help me out here .Ok I weighed 240 and I have been able to cut down to 188 my problum is for the last two weeks Ive lost nothing ! My diet has been around 2000-2300 cals a day ,Im a ups driver so I run all day every day plus lift 4 days a week and run around 9 miles a week .My diet has been high carb/pro almost no sugar and fat .My BF is 18% my goal is 12% by summer Im 5'11 .So those are my stats and goals .Now I was wondering should I change things around at this point in my diet ??And go into a low carb high protien diet to start things going again ??Or do I just keep doing what im doing and hope Ill start losing again ??Anthony

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Anthony, what does your diet look like? You'd probably need to show us your diet plan so that everyone can look at it and help. Also, what time do you do cardio? From what I can read you may need to take in more healthy fats too.

musselman is offline Junior Member
    Your body may have adapted to your reduced calorie diet... without more details I'll have to sprout some cliches...

maintain your protein intake at 1g per lb of bodyweight while reducing your carb intake further... and stick to low GI carbs like brown rice, yam, sweet potatoes, oats, etc...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    How much muscle do you have/not have??

You've lost 50+ pounds already and are still 18%......

Just curious....

~SC~

Ahh, u are RUNNING that many times a week, so my guess is you are running off lean muscle tissue, hence you still being 18% bodyfat.

~SC~

Yeah the running is 3 miles three times a week .Uhmm my diet has been this and it changes but for the most part ill post what it has been

morning bagel,fat free cottage cheese, sugar free syrup and cinnamon
    snack,fat free yogart made with splenda some seeds
    lunch tuna out the can with rice
    snack another can tuna or chiken breast
    dinner (smart ones like weight watchers
    snack seeds diet coke
    thats about it ..Ill post pics to show progress Ive come along way and IMHO Have keept for the most part good mass .The problem is now Im not losing anything .So should I change things up by droping carbs and upping good fats ??Thanks Anthony

chest6 is offline Banned
    I wouldn't jog my man, HR gets up too high and you dip into muscle for energy..

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Good thinking there SC and Anthny that diet sucks and i feel your pain on the UPS shit i use to be a pre-load supervisor for about 3 yrs, i hated that job but loved the pay !!!!

i personally think your cals are a bit to low you should bump them to at least 2500 a day, you need to thrown in some EFA's into ur diet a few times a day im guessing you lift at niht right?? and you pack a cooler since you drive allday right ??, look bro check the cutting sticky and build a diet off that then post it up here and we will help ya out because what you got going on now is not good

That diet needs TONS of work.

Stickies atop the page will help to get you started.

~SC~

Right on guys ...Yeah UPS Pays pretty good Im blessed to have this job no doubt .I do pack my lunch and I lift in the mornings because when Im off work its all about chilling at home ...Plus the gym is just crazy packed at night .Anyways allways a pleasure talking with you guys peace out ..Anthony

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    you need EFA'S

Thread Information