chest6 is offline Banned

Amt carbs on nonworkout days

I usually eat around the 600g mark of carbs for workout days. If I were to stay high on carbs for nonworkout days..somewhere in the 350-450 range..would it be a waste of time and would I just end up putting on excess fat?

chest6 is offline Banned
    bump..dont wanna get fat again

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    so on ur none workout day you wanna drop ur carbs about 250grams ???, so basiclly you would just be cycling carbs,

but you also dont have a PWO shake on nonworkout days so ur kinda already cycleing them

chest6 is offline Banned
    Well..thats what I figured, I would keep them the same, but what would I be using them as?

since ur shovein down 600 a day which is high i dont see a problem in droping them at all to about 350 on non workout days....

drop em down a bit ans see how you feel try it out for a week see if yo can tell a diff, also count your PWO in that calculation on non workout days

chest6 is offline Banned
    Sounds good...you think 600 is way too high to begin with? I originally wanted to go as high as I could..but I never realized how high it actually was. I have no problem eating that much, but Im not sure if I actually need them that high.

did you calculate it on your caloric needs ??, i know i my self cannot even go that high in carbs when bulking, carbs affect my appreance greatly so i always gotta keep an eye on my carb intake, but to me 600 mmmm are you takeing down carbs in evrey meal ??

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I usually drop my carbs a bit for nonworkout days and do cardio.

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Chest - it depends on your total calorie intake in my opinion. I've always gauged 3 - 3.5 calories for each gram of carb or protein just to ballpark myself. At this rate you would be at approx. 1,800 - 2,100 calories for carbs
    and another 1,800 - 2,100 for protein.
    If you were at a 40/40/20 ratio to maintain your new weight - you would be at approx. 3,600 - 4,200 calories on workout days before fats were added.
    Non-workout days (if ingesting 400g of carbs) would be around 3,000 to 3,500calories.
    I think you are aiming in the right direction, but you may have to play around with the ratio for a couple weeks to get it just right.

This is what has worked for me to maintain and then if I wanted to loose a little more weight I would go to a 50/35/15 - 50% protein, 35% carbs, 15% fats.
    Hope this helps.

~Troy

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    did you calculate it on your caloric needs ??, i know i my self cannot even go that high in carbs when bulking, carbs affect my appreance greatly so i always gotta keep an eye on my carb intake, but to me 600 mmmm are you takeing down carbs in evrey meal ??
    basically..except for like 2

Quote Originally Posted by TADOLFI
    Chest - it depends on your total calorie intake in my opinion. I've always gauged 3 - 3.5 calories for each gram of carb or protein just to ballpark myself. At this rate you would be at approx. 1,800 - 2,100 calories for carbs
    and another 1,800 - 2,100 for protein.
    If you were at a 40/40/20 ratio to maintain your new weight - you would be at approx. 3,600 - 4,200 calories on workout days before fats were added.
    Non-workout days (if ingesting 400g of carbs) would be around 3,000 to 3,500calories.
    I think you are aiming in the right direction, but you may have to play around with the ratio for a couple weeks to get it just right.

This is what has worked for me to maintain and then if I wanted to loose a little more weight I would go to a 50/35/15 - 50% protein, 35% carbs, 15% fats.
    Hope this helps.

~Troy
    sounds good..the trial and error method will probably be my best bet.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    I usually drop my carbs a bit for nonworkout days and do cardio.
    I think I'll start doing that..it'll come out to cardio 3x a week. I think I will manage fat much easier this way..

Kurz is offline Member
    NO!!!!!!!! BULKING!!!!!! Forget the cardio for a couple of months......2x a week max at 30 minutes..........no more.

Off days = same cals just minus the pw shake...you need to repair!!! you need just as many cals if not more!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    NO!!!!!!!! BULKING!!!!!! Forget the cardio for a couple of months......2x a week max at 30 minutes..........no more.

Off days = same cals just minus the pw shake...you need to repair!!! you need just as many cals if not more!

Kurz is right. You don't wanna drop too low. off days are when you are actually buiulding and repairing the muscle tissue.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Thats a good point. Grow outta the gym..not in. I think I have noticed some fat gain so far and I just wanted to be extra careful. I think I may need to do light cardio 2-3 times a week to be safe.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    That sounds fine, if you are gaining fat scale back on all macro's a bit. Then re-adjust etc.... You know the drill

Kurz is offline Member
    Wuss

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ive been puttin down somewhere in the 5.5-6k cals ballpark..just makin sure kurz..check out the new thread

Thread Information