arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member

pwo meal on keto

Is it still recommended to have proper pwo meal after weights while on keto? The protein and dex. 2:1? Im having difficulty measuring this out. If I were to consume 23g of protein than would I need 44g dex? I think that is correct right?

Or do I just have protein after workout and no dex?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    im confused about u whanting to go keto which means no carbs and then wanting to take down dex?????

well that is my question. If i should be doing this or not.

bruh if ur going keto that means no carbs at all but i would recomend at east take them down 1 or 2 times a day, like 1 time in the morning and 1 time after workout

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    bruh if ur going keto that means no carbs at all but i would recomend at east take them down 1 or 2 times a day, like 1 time in the morning and 1 time after workout
    I do eat carbs of cours in the form of green Veggi's. But I have heard that I am still supposed to drink my dex after a workout that my body will use the carbs so quick that it wont throw me outta ketosis. That is why I am asking if this is correct and If I should be drinking the proper PWO

well im not to sure if it will or if it wont throw you out of ketosis i would as either johan, giantz11, or SC

Ok will do, in the mean time I'll give er a bump

REV
    REV is offline New Member
    Some people can get away with up to 50g dex post workout without getting thrown out of keto.
    Mainly bacause its the right carb to get absorbed by the muscles and your muscles are primed for absorption. As long as your liver doesnt take any in you will still be in keto. you gotta experiment try take like 20g then work your way up see how much you can get away with. Most people can take up to 30g no worries. Use the keto strips as a guide.
    And yea any amount of dex will help you spare as much muscle as possible which is a good thing.

rissinite is offline Associate Member
    Bro.... you're either doing Keto or you're not. When I do keto, I keep it to less than 20g of carbs per day. In no way, shape or form could you stay in Ketosis with a proper 2:1 ratio of dex/pro. Just hammer a 50g protein shake after your workout.... it's not ideal, but you'll stay in ketosis this way, which will prevent you from adding fat with all of the fat you'll be eating in place of carbs.

Kurz is offline Member
    I have been experiementing with no PW shake....I train in the eve, have 1/2 cup oats and a scoop of whey at 300pm, train at 5pm, and eat some eggs and toast about 730.....so, within a hour....then I have a casein shake and almonds 1hr later, prebed.......I'm bulking and not on Keto diet, but thus far, no issues.....

Thread Information