samjams is offline New Member

Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise. Please look over.

Ok guys, Here is where I was.
    235-240lbs lean. Pressing around 305 for reps. Waist 34”.
    Where I am now:
    About 300lbs pressing 245 for reps. Waist 46”

I’m 40yo and 6’

So I’m fat.
    Here’s what I’m doing to lose and get back into shape.

Three days cardio, three days lifting. Alternating days and every thing done on an almost empty stomach. First meal is ½ -1 hour after morning exercise.

In a week or two I plan on changing my routine to 6 days of cardio (every morning) and 4-5 days lifting afternoons 30-40 minute sessions. I don’t believe in long lifting sessions, just long cardio sessions.

My supplements look like this:

ActivaTE 3 x a day
    Seasathin 3 x a day
    Multi vitamin 1 x a day mornings
    Time release B 1 x a day mornings
    Glucosamine/
    Chondrointin 3 x a day
    Dhea 1 x a day mornings
    Alcar 3 x a day
    RALA 3 x a day with meals
    Chromium 3 x a day
    Vita E 2 x a day morning and evening
    Vita C 2 x a day morning and evening
    Prolab thyrolean 2 x a day morning and afternoon
    1 cup of green tea
    with l-tyrosine and
    longjack 2 x a day morning and afternoon
    I alternate
    Flax and fish
    Oil EOD 10caps 1 x a day with afternoon meal

Most of this stuff I would be taking whether or not I was trying to lose fat or not but there is a few that I could change.

I will be adding garlic and pantethine for my lipid and heart.

My diet is 3 meals a day. 2 low carb protein shakes and a salad. Or 1 low carb protein shake a salad and a plate of meat.

I would like to get that up 4-5 meals a day before I start going to the gym twice a day.
    I would also like to try CKD dieting in a few months after I lose a few lbs.

I have also been using keto stix and turning them a nice shade of mauve??? Basic fairly dark.

Any questions or constructive comments welcome.

This thread is in response to my first and only thread on this forum. I was asking about a particular stack of AAS. It was posted in the appropriate forum section for AAS but every body wanted to tell me how to diet and train. Well I am FAT and I can use the help I just thought this would be a better place a discussion of that sort.

I will put a link in that thread to this one.

Thanks All.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    cutting sticky at the top bro... if you haven't checked it out.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    couple of things i noticed right away. you don't go into specifics on your diet, but I think that might be the first problem. two shakes and a plate of meat, regardless of portion doesn't sound like near enough protein for a guy of your size, especially if you want to keep your reps where they're at. i understand you're cutting, but you need that protein. also i'm seeing carbs anywhere in your diet. they are a must for cutting, check out the sticky on cutting to get a good idea of what to eat/when etc.

the other thing i noticed was that you're lifting on an empty stomach. you NEED atleast a meal in before you start lifting, cardio on the other hand is different. it's good on an empty stomach, but you're going to want to eat before you workout on the days you're lifting.

if you elaborate more on your diet i think you'll get more help. good luck

samjams is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal
    couple of things i noticed right away. you don't go into specifics on your diet, but I think that might be the first problem. two shakes and a plate of meat, regardless of portion doesn't sound like near enough protein for a guy of your size, especially if you want to keep your reps where they're at. i understand you're cutting, but you need that protein. also i'm seeing carbs anywhere in your diet. they are a must for cutting, check out the sticky on cutting to get a good idea of what to eat/when etc.

the other thing i noticed was that you're lifting on an empty stomach. you NEED atleast a meal in before you start lifting, cardio on the other hand is different. it's good on an empty stomach, but you're going to want to eat before you workout on the days you're lifting.

if you elaborate more on your diet i think you'll get more help. good luck

My diet is 3 meals a day. 2 low carb protein shakes and a salad. Or 1 low carb protein shake a salad and a plate of meat.

Maybe I need to tell you about the shakes and salad???
    each shake is about 45grams of protien and about 5grams of carbs. Each salad is about 3-4 cups italian blend with extra virgin olive and balsamic topped with cheese and 4 strips of bacon. If i have meat it is about 8-12oz portion. Chicken, beef, gyro(which I'm not really sure what's in there) or fish.

In a week or two I plan on changing my routine to 6 days of cardio (every morning) and 4-5 days lifting afternoons 30-40 minute sessions. I don’t believe in long lifting sessions, just long cardio sessions.

I don't like lifting on an empty stomache but when i switch to the above routine it will solve that problem.

I would like to get that up 4-5 meals a day before I start going to the gym twice a day.

I agree with you on eating more. More small meals = faste metabolism.

And I do need to read the sticky that both of you mentioned. but I need to do some things right now. I'll check back after i read it. Do i need to elaborate more on my diet???

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    bruh you should be eating 5-6 meals a day even if you dont go to the gym 2 times a day, the more frequantly you eat about evrey two hrs, the more your body gets into a burning stage.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    sam, i sent ya a pm, might help you out a little

Thread Information