novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?

Whey & Whey Protein Question

So I found some chip dip that is fat free, 3 carbs... one being fiber with only one being sugar. It also has 5 grams of protein for every tablespoon. Only like 30 cals. The ingredients are... cultured skim milk, whey, whey protein concentrate, ,and some color... I know this isn't the highest quality protein, but how good is it? and what is the difference between whey and the whey protein concentrate? thanks brothas...

bump... because i'm still curious...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    whey protein concentrate is basicly the same as the protein powder you buy. whey protein isolate is the more expensive protien powders.

But I think wpc(concetrate) comes in many difference qualities and in a dip its probably the lowest they can get. BUT the only lowering of quality is if the % of protein in the wpc is lowered. The quality of the protein content is always as good.

B415 is offline New Member
    My understanding is whey protein is just that, unrefined whey protein. WPC is the next refining step that ranges from like 30-89%. Not sure if it goes lower than 30. Any refinement 90% and above is isolate. The lower end concentrates are around .40cents per pound! That's why manufacturers put proprietary blend in the ingredients. Then in () they list all the proteins. The proteins in the () do no need to be in order of greater amount like the rest of the ingredients because it is a proprietary blend. So WATCH out for proteins that list WPC last that also list WPI. Last does not mean least amount and why would they need WPC if they have WPI? It is the same protein just a different purity. It is because they want to put cheap as$ protein in to F@#K you!

thanks guys

Thread Information