Fjock is offline Associate Member

Whats wrong with dirty bulk?

I see so many people complaining about not being able to bulk up to their desired weight. Then you ask to see their diet and everything is so clean (chicken breast, eggs, oats etc...) Why are people scared to try a dirty bulk to get their weight up. I find that with myself, eating basically whatever i want that in 6-7 meals while training my ass off, works miracles. What so wrong with takin down some ribeyes on a regular basis. I find out that by training hard my body uses these calories to gain muscle mass and not fat. I am a competitive bodybuilder at 19 years old and using this strategy ive been able to get up to 240lbs at around 10-12% bf. Why dont more people try this strategy?

dprayvd is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjock
    ribeyes on a regular basis

Kurz is offline Member

chest6 is offline Banned
    I gain fat pretty easily if I don't eat clean. I used to eat whatever I wanted when I played football and baseball ed in highschool..but I dont really do much anymore..

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    I am sure some people do use this strategy. amtter of fact I know they do. The reason though that not everyone uses this strategy is because everyone is different. No two people are the same, and that goes for the way they store fat, their metabolism, etc etc. SO this may work for you and that is great and all, but it wont work for many people (especially mesomorphs) because they will more than likely put on an excess amount of fat. Matter of fact, I have a feeling that as you age and your body matures you will begin to not be able to pull of this strategy anymore yourself. The body changes and you metabolism will slow down to some degree. Another thing to keep in mind is that dirty bulking can take its toll on your health when you are already many lbs "over weight"

Kurz is offline Member
    dirty bulk gain 20lbs, 1/2 is fat............

clean bulk gain 20lbs, 10% fat.........sure it takes 2x as long, but quality over quantity...........

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I dirty bulked and it went pretty well bout 35% fat out of total gains
    I clean bulked and it went a lil better bout 15% fat gain
    But a dirty isn't as dirty with a lil cardio added in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjock
    I am a competitive bodybuilder at 19 years old and using this strategy ive been able to get up to 240lbs at around 10-12% bf.
    And that's pretty impressive, and you say you compete...
    can we see some pics?

LancerO8 is offline New Member
    Fjock

Would you mind listing your dirty bulk diet, or list some of the foods you that help you gain weight asap regardless if its dirty?

I have no problem with dirty bulking since I include cardio and my metabolism is ridiculious. At least to start out

Kurz is offline Member
    I'm sure it means if it aint nailed down, EAT IT!

I'd rather go one cheat meal per day to add calories.........or clean M-F and free for all on the weekends...protein FIRST all else is fair game.

[QUOTE=LancerO8]Fjock
    list some of the foods you that help you gain weight asap regardless if its dirty?

For Me It's Peanut Butter And Upping My EFA's...

Kurz is offline Member
    I add 1 pb on whole wheat a day until the weight starts moving........

1 pb the first week
    2 the 2nd
    3 the third.......etc.

weekends, I may have my mom's pasta....sure its whole wheat but I'll have 3 helpings! wine, side dishes......whatever.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    If I dirty bulk I gain tremendous ammounts(breathtaking realy) of fat in no time.

There is also the issue of health. There is more to life than weightgain and muscle. How fun is it to be a 280 hulking monster if your lying in a coffin because you clogged your arteries with years of shitty eating while using steroids

Especialy those that use steroids should take all steps they can to eat healthy and clean.

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    i dirty bulk and got the stomach to prove it

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I cannot wait to start my first bulk soon...i do not intend to go crazy..whats the point in gaining all the extra fat just to make your cutting that much harder?

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    When bulking I agree with the method of M-F clean and the weekends basically whatever you want...

Kurz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    When bulking I agree with the method of M-F clean and the weekends basically whatever you want...

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Same here...

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    the point of the dirty bulk is to enjoy what you eat and not be so anal about everything like you have to be while you cut...hell i go to black eyed pea and get chicken and rice and cornbread for a cheat meal or i go to quiznos for a large sub with double the chicken...or i go to outback for a large steak and 2 sweet potatoes...thats right...pro/carb/fat...i of course take my r-ala before these meals to let me get away with it a little bit (yes i know its not a miracle worker and ill still gain some fat)...if it aint pool season then i just dont care anymore cuz i can still change it up if i want and not cheat for a few days if i start feeling bloated.

If It's Dirty...Then I Make It Funky...

Thread Information