Doberman is offline Associate Member

When to stop a bulker?

Hi,

Im doing my first ever bulk, Im 4 months in after losing a ton of weight first.My question is when should you stop bulking due to too much fat gain? I know that the more fat you have the more estrogen is in your body and that it gets harder to lose fat the more you have.Now my goal is as much MASS as possible so personally I dont care how fat I am or look if it helps me reach my goals.However I dont want to shoot my self in in foot in the long run??? so going by my picture should I stop bulking now or continue till the end of march as planned im 6.1 and currently at 230.lbs as you can see the gut is back and so is the overhang

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/...ront250106.jpg

Thanks guys.

Kurz is offline Member
    UMMMM....can you stop 4 months ago?

CFH
    CFH is offline Associate Member
    I dont care how fat I am or look if it helps me reach my goals
    If you don't care why would you want us to judge by your pic? If you don't care then fvck it go till march.

Kurz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doberman
    Hi,

Im doing my first ever bulk, Im 4 months in after losing a ton of weight first.My question is when should you stop bulking due to too much fat gain? I know that the more fat you have the more estrogen is in your body and that it gets harder to lose fat the more you have.Now my goal is as much MASS as possible so personally I dont care how fat I am or look if it helps me reach my goals.However I dont want to shoot my self in in foot in the long run??? so going by my picture should I stop bulking now or continue till the end of march as planned im 6.1 and currently at 230.lbs as you can see the gut is back and so is the overhang

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/...ront250106.jpg

Thanks guys.
    MY comment was uncalled for and I apologize..........HOWEVER, looking at your pic, you didn't bulk up, you did what every other lazy person in this world does and sit on your ass and eat...........i'm guessing you hardly trained or half-assed at that........you've shown at least a little desire to get back, else you wouldnt be here.....look at the cutting thread and quit talking about bulking!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    MY comment was uncalled for and I apologize..........HOWEVER, looking at your pic, you didn't bulk up, you did what every other lazy person in this world does and sit on your ass and eat...........i'm guessing you hardly trained or half-assed at that........you've shown at least a little desire to get back, else you wouldnt be here.....look at the cutting thread and quit talking about bulking!

Dude I trained total body 3x a week Chad Waterbury style to the letter! with as much effort as I could, Iv'e only been training 8 months total.4 Months of which was to lose fat,

Heres a thread of me before starting lifting.

http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=209275

If I cut, what do I cut down to? you've got to have some LBM to get ripped for.

I dont know what I should look like after 4 months of eating for gains and training? maybe someone can show me?
    Last edited by Doberman; 01-27-2006 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    If you don't care why would you want us to judge by your pic? If you don't care then fvck it go till march.

I dont mind walking around being fat if it's going to help me reach my goals, I just want to know if it would be counter productive to go on putting on fat as I do so.If in the long run it's going to be hard to lose.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I would say try it, look at the cutting stickys, pick up a few diets, learn the cardio moves, and try it! Maybe cut up for summer?, then bulk it up afterwards (because it's obvious you can do it)...

Bump.........

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Getting FAT is not what bulking up means ... Bulking also has to be done in stages ... Your body will only be able to gain so much in a given amount of time... If you are indeed a natural BB or want to be then you first must get in shape... Learn as much about Eating right and core movements and training..
    IMO you should cardio 6 days a week and weight train 4 days a week. Eating at your BMR..

I suggest hiring a trainer till you get on track ... But look into a highly qualified trainer... Talk to his/her clients ... They should be very motivated in getting/keeping you in shape.. not just when your lifting, but checking in with you during the week to see your progress through.. You will need to keep a food and training log to track your progress..

Good Luck ..

Markymark

Kurz is offline Member
    cardio 6x a week is excessive during a mass phase in my book, as 1-2x week is pleanty to maintain health. I burned the candle at both ends for too long to waste my energy doing cardio. As long as you arent a slug, get up, move around, you'll be fine.

However, I do agree in keeping it semi clean.....you definately need to indulge cause when it's cut time, thats all out the window. aim for 1-2 lbs a week. that's 52lbs a YEAR! I'd be happy to go from 200 to 252 in 12 months!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I think you should also spend some time thinking about how healthy bulking for a long time is...Not only how benifical it is to muscle gain.

I notice that I gain good from bulking for maby 8-10 weeks. After that I just get plain fat without accelerated gains. Absolutely no point in bulking for extended periods of time imo.

Its also tremendously hard to have any clue on LBM while realy bulked since every muscle you have will look 2 times as big when the fat is gone.

decadbal is offline Banned
    when you cant tie your shoes

the most hardcore answere is when your so fat you get a maid to wipe your ass and scrub the fungus out from below the dark pits of your tremendous manboobs

Ok guys, I eat clean all week apart from 1 cheat meal at the weekend I dont drink I do 15 mins cardio 3x a week and lift with mainly compound movments for total body training 3x a week as well.I also have a diet log and list and calculate everything I eat.Currently taking in about 4500kcal a day 350-400g protien 600-700g carbs 100-120g fats.Iv;e put on 29lbs in 4 months so it averages at about 2lb a week.Where am I going wrong then?

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I think you should also spend some time thinking about how healthy bulking for a long time is...Not only how benifical it is to muscle gain.

I notice that I gain good from bulking for maby 8-10 weeks. After that I just get plain fat without accelerated gains. Absolutely no point in bulking for extended periods of time imo.

Its also tremendously hard to have any clue on LBM while realy bulked since every muscle you have will look 2 times as big when the fat is gone.

Hello johan,

Intresting you mention that after about 8-10 weeks you start to gain fat!? ,As thats when I noticed the same.Heres some pics from 8 weeks ago to show what I mean.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/...h/DSC01359.jpg

Ok guys, I eat clean all week apart from 1 cheat meal at the weekend I dont drink I do 15 mins cardio 3x a week and lift with mainly compound movments for total body training 3x a week as well.I also have a diet log and list and calculate everything I eat.Currently taking in about 4500kcal a day 350-400g protien 600-700g carbs 100-120g fats.Iv;e put on 29lbs in 4 months so it averages at about 2lb a week.Where am I going wrong then?
    to answere the bolded. Maby you dont need that much kcal and carbs. I can bulk easily on 3000kcal/day and Im around 210-220 at 5¨11 when Im bulked. You got to learn how much you need

Are you on anything?

to answere the bolded. Maby you dont need that much kcal and carbs. I can bulk easily on 3000kcal/day and Im around 210-220 at 5¨11 when Im bulked. You got to learn how much you need

Are you on anything?

Thanks for the fast response! :O No im all natty (not cause I want to be rather that iv'e only trained for 8 months so it's a bit too early for AAS) Hmmmm it's weird some weeks i'll put on .5lbs some weeks 3lbs but when I add' up total weight gained 30'lbs over 16 weeks so it rounds out to about 2lbs a week.Perhaps I should aim for only 1lbs a week and look leaner???

Thanks for the fast response! :O No im all natty (not cause I want to be rather that iv'e only trained for 8 months so it's a bit too early for AAS) Hmmmm it's weird some weeks i'll put on .5lbs some weeks 3lbs but when I add' up total weight gained 30'lbs over 16 weeks so it rounds out to about 2lbs a week.Perhaps I should aim for only 1lbs a week and look leaner???
    glad to hear your waiting to get on the juice

Yeah try 1ibs/week. I am a firm belive that its close to impossible to put on alot of muscle continously for more than 8-10 weeks at a time.
    If you only added 1ibs of muscle each week for a year thats 52 ibs right there. No one gains that much lbm. A yearly gain of 20ibs of lean muscle is amazing. 10ibs is more like what is realistic unless you are a machine lol.

Kurz is offline Member
    Not sure how else to put it bro.....Jo has put in nicely, you need to CUT BACK on the cals......you are chubby....this means 1 thing. Your caloric intake is greater than your output. 15 minutes of cardio and lifting 3 days a week, is below average, but very do-able. It's not like you are completely busting your ass training wise. SO, cut back on your cals, clean up you diet, and you;ll be in better shape. Dont ask us, ask yourself. Stand in front of the mirror. Does it look like you work out at all???? until it does, keep training hard!

Kurz is offline Member
    PS. AAS is the LAST LAST LAST thing you you even be pondering.............seriously. Get a foundation FIRST!

glad to hear your waiting to get on the juice

Yeah try 1ibs/week. I am a firm belive that its close to impossible to put on alot of muscle continously for more than 8-10 weeks at a time.
    If you only added 1ibs of muscle each week for a year thats 52 ibs right there. No one gains that much lbm. A yearly gain of 20ibs of lean muscle is amazing. 10ibs is more like what is realistic unless you are a machine lol.

Thanks how long do u cut after your 10 week bulk before you start your cycle again Johan?

Thanks how long do u cut after your 10 week bulk before you start your cycle again Johan?
    Generaly I have a long cutting period in the spring and in the fall and winter I bulk and cruise. So after a 10 week bulking period I dont cut I just give myself a break from eating so much and relax a bit with workouts. I listen to my body and it tells me when it feels ready for another 10 weeks of hardcore training. I guess anywhere betwen 6-10 weeks of cruising.

I have no real plan for it though and I often get to fat

Generaly I have a long cutting period in the spring and in the fall and winter I bulk and cruise. So after a 10 week bulking period I dont cut I just give myself a break from eating so much and relax a bit with workouts. I listen to my body and it tells me when it feels ready for another 10 weeks of hardcore training. I guess anywhere betwen 6-10 weeks of cruising.

I have no real plan for it though and I often get to fat

Well im going to cut out 500kcals a day from my carbs and see if I can gain at
    around a 1lbs a week this way till march then cut up for 4 months and see what LBM I have gained.And Add' in cardio for 20 mins a session 3x week.And work my core more.
    Last edited by Doberman; 01-28-2006 at 01:59 PM.

Thread Information