Thread: Atkins Diet?

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

Atkins Diet?

anybody else try it?

brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    used to do it to make weight for wrestling in high school-don't remember if I even knew who Atkins was at the time, but it did work

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Don't even mess around with that shit ass diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Don't even mess around with that shit ass diet.
    why?
    Last edited by Giantz11; 01-27-2006 at 08:33 AM.

cg69 is offline New Member
    your on the wrong forum for talking bout robbing your body from its best energy source...you wont be able to effectively workout if you dont have your carbs

Quote Originally Posted by cg69
    your on the wrong forum for talking bout robbing your body from its best energy source...you wont be able to effectively workout if you dont have your carbs
    lol, "Atkins Diet" - "Diet Forum"

but i think your point was more based around a protest of the diet, so it's all good brutha

I'm on Day 3 now, and i'm eating relatively healthy (with the exception of much more fat intake and much, much less carbs) - I'm feeling a bit wierd, but eventually my body's going to start realizing the carb-deficiency and start metabolizing my bodyfat (or so is the theory of the atkins diet)

for those intrested, i'm took in today approx 110 g carbs, mostly from skim milk mix/protien shake
    Last edited by GQ-Bouncer; 01-27-2006 at 04:58 AM.

Kurz is offline Member

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Thats for fat, lazy people... if you are going to do low-carb, you should schedule refeeds and carb loading days as well... a cyclical diet...

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    why?
    Because the is no metabolic advantage to being in ketosis. As Warrior pointed out its for fat lazy people and people that are near diabetic and epileptics of course. But there is no good reason to cut carbs it does nothing in the way of speeding up weight loss.

CFH
    CFH is offline Associate Member
    the whole diet is masked by the rejection of carbs in a diet. all in all it is reducing the amount of calories consumed. it cuts the carbs at first and then slowly introduces them later on down the road. the majority of the weight loss you experience in the first couple/few weeks is water weight, as water molecules attach to carbs in the body. so if ur looking for a quick wieght loss answer, then yes the diet works. but if ur looking for fat loss, get on a real diet. biologically, the body starts being detrimented after about two weeks of the diet. if the body does not get carbs, which it needs, it starts pulling from other energy sources, i.e. muscle tissue and breaks down the protein into energy. this is a mild form of wasting. if you need me to go on i can. done lots of research and discrediting of fab diets. i hate the mother fkrs.

CFH
    CFH is offline Associate Member
    here is a quote from a UC Berkely Health Letter (May 2000).
    If you follow the Atkins diet, you will lose weight—but it could be dangerous beyond a few weeks. All fad diets get you to cut down on calories, usually by limiting the kinds of food you can eat, so of course you lose weight. Most, like the Atkins diet, deny that "calories count," but nonetheless trick you into cutting way down on calories by distracting you with strange rules and psychological/biochemical babble. As with all crash diets, keeping the weight off is the hard part. Virtually all crash dieters eventually gain the weight back, unless they learn the basics of healthy eating, which crash diets do not teach.

Kurz is offline Member
    When Dr. Adkins died, so did his DIET................if anything, try SOuthbeach, but I wouldnt reccomend either.....

Thread Information