swizole is offline Associate Member

cutting-cheating conservatively

well its approaching warm weather in south goergia, which by the way sometimes, its hot as hell on Christmas day, so we dont have much of a winter. But I gotta be ready for the beach so im startin this cuttin diet. I usually have 1 cheat day a week in which i eat the usual cookies, ice cream, and snickers bars, but i figured since i was cutting, i should cheat a little more conservatively. Instead of cookies maybe some sugary low fat cereal with skim milk, and some whole wheat toast with some strawberry jelly. and just eating a lot of it. Basically just carbing up with some simple sugars and low fat once a week. Is this much better than eating pure grease or should i go with, "if you are gonna cheat, go all out?" I just dont wanna put myself too far behind with one day

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    I don't feel like I've had a break day unless I go all out. But going all out once a week makes it hard and sets you back a bit. I try to either break once every two weeks or if I hit a certain goal. You could try having a break day after every 5lbs you lose or something. If you're on a decent diet that should be about every week and a half.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I like the second cheat option a lot more. I only have one cheat meal a week when cutting, and you don't even really need that. I just do it to enjoy a bit of food from time to time. It all really depends on you, the lower BF% the more necessary it is to cheat. But that doesn't mean you have to eat like total shit either, you can carb up in a fashion in which you already mentioned and have it be just as effective.

swizole is offline Associate Member
    yeah, i think i will just do the carb up with nanners, cereal, and some fake instant brown sugar oatmeal, and skim milk. When I am cutting, a piece of whole wheat bread with strawberry jelly on it taste like a piece of red velvet cake so it should satisfy me enough to get me too my goals. and as U can see from the pic my body fat sure as hell aint low enough to eat a nasty ass cheat day. The way I look at it, if I could afford it I would do it, but I cant afford it...not YET!

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    yeah i do the same, "smart cheating" i guess you could call it...

Thread Information