Alex2 is offline Senior Member

Crushed Wheat cereal as Pro/Carb source?!

I have found Crushed Wheat with Soy Beans cereal at a grocery store and it seems to be a good source of Carbs and Protein. I’d like to know if any of you guys have tried that kind of cereal and what you think about it as a source of complex Carbs and Protein.

Here is some information about it:

Serving size: ¼ cup (40 grams).
    Carbs: 22 gm.
    Protein: 10 grams.
    Fat: 1 gram.

Thanks!

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    havent had the chance to try it or even see it but il def be getting some tommorow it looks promising

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Does it have the actual soy beans in it?!...and would you eat it alone or with milk?...I guess it would depend on the cost compared to old fasion oats..rice etc...

Actually it is very cheap and that is what caught my attention. A box that contains 15 servings costs about $2. Some other stores may have it even cheaper. It says it is steamed so you just have to add water or milk and boil/microwave it for few minutes. It contains crushed soy beans and tastes like bread.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    wow that sounds tasty too

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    wow that sounds tasty too
    huh?

I don't care much about taste as long as it is not too bad and it has good nutrition values.

^same here...except I include bang for the buck too...nutritionaly speaking...

Yellowknifer is offline Junior Member
    Hey I realize I am just a newb, but I have read in a few places that Soy increases estrogen production. I would suggest this is probably not what you are looking to do. Also you cannot get soy that hasn't been genetically modified, and recently it would seem that this GM food is quite bad for you... virtually every piece of food which has been modified that i have seen studies on suggests it is very bad for your health in the long run.

Ok here is a link:

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp...sian_study.htm

And here is a link to some decent dieting info so far as I can tell (but let me know if anyone disagrees):

Ok I was going to post a link to the info about Soya but the link doesn't work on here it replaces some of the letters with ****. So anyway, I guess you'll have to take my word on it for now although I guess I could cite some journals...

5.Nagata C, et al. "Inverse association of soy product intake with serum androgen and estrogen concentrations in Japanese men." Nutr Cancer 2000;36(1):14-8.
    Last edited by Yellowknifer; 01-29-2006 at 07:24 PM.

bump for the noob...

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    bump for the noob...
    Thanks

The results of that study were quite scary indeed. The more soy intake, the more estrogen produced. It's been said that soy is good for woman going through menopause, but I don't really know too much about that. ANyway it's a protein source the guys should probably avoid and maybe some of the girls too

4.Zhong, et al. "Effects of dietary supplement of soy protein isolate and low fat diet on prostate cancer." FASEB J 2000;14(4):a531.11

This study found a 76% reduction in test in males on a heavily soy based diet!

If the study is legit...I have a pretty good idea why it is kept secret...

Its the same reason we dont have cures for a lot of diseases and why easy natural remedies are kept under lock and key...PROFITS...for doctors and capitalists in general...

If the study is legit...I have a pretty good idea why it is kept secret...

Its the same reason we dont have cures for a lot of diseases and why easy natural remedies are kept under lock and key...PROFITS...for doctors and capitalists in general...
    Hehe, I don't want to get into politics on this board, I have a feeling I will be disagreed with strongly. Personally I think it's kept down for command/control purposes. I don't think it's about profit. I think certain companies want to control the worlds food supply and will stop at nothing to do so.

Here is another by one of the first scientists to ever work on GM food.

http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/a.p...d/nz-arpad.htm

Good posts Yellowknifer, thanks.

I'll try to find similar cereals but without Soy Beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    Good posts Yellowknifer, thanks.

I'll try to find similar cereals but without Soy Beans.
    Hey, no problem man. Just trying to add to the knowledge base

Its so weird...I just happened to look at the INGREDIANTS on my tuna can...and one of the things it says is...

Vegetable Broth (soybeans)

What effect do you think that will have...?

Its so weird...I just happened to look at the INGREDIANTS on my tuna can...and one of the things it says is...

Vegetable Broth (soybeans)

What effect do you think that will have...?
    Yeah, it's in a lot of things. Truth is I think a tiny amount is probably fine, although if you can avoid it you're going to be better off. Maybe try getting fresh tuna instead? I don't know. The increased levels of estrogen correlated directly with the amount taken. And as far as the GM stuff goes, it's hard to avoid these days. To be honest, it's quite scary, but try to buy organic stuff and not too much canned stuff I would say. Plus as we all know canned stuff often has preservatives and things like excess sodium (granted I don't think this is the case with canned tuna, but regardless). I personally would like to have my own vegetable garden with known quality seed but at this point it is not practical for me.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Moderation is the key with soy. I've read crap that says its really good quality, and others that say for men as athletes its terrible. i eat tuna, and some other things that include soy, and my bulk went really well and im cutting up now fine. i guess it's like everything else and i hate to say it..."it's just how it effects you"

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    Moderation is the key with soy. I've read crap that says its really good quality, and others that say for men as athletes its terrible. i eat tuna, and some other things that include soy, and my bulk went really well and im cutting up now fine. i guess it's like everything else and i hate to say it..."it's just how it effects you"
    Oh, absolutely. Always good to know these things just in case though. The guys in those studies were on quite the unrealistic soy based diets so far as I can tell.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I hate some studies, because they tell us the consumer what they want us to know...maybe these guys were just eating soy for every d*mn meal and having sex with soy women and smoking soy leaves...

you get it...

mmmmm soy women...

Thread Information