Thread: Project 210

Scarface06 is offline New Member

Project 210

Hey guys, im looking on some input and advice in leaning out.

Current stats are: 22yrs old, 230lbs 13% BF with a 35.5" waist

Heres a diet ive come up with using the sticking. basically i want input on ho long i should give myself to lose the 20lbs (no specific date)

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 3/4 cup oatmeal

Workout

Meal 2:
    PWO Nutrition (40g P, 80g C)

Meal 3:
    Lean Protein, 3/4 cup oatmeal

Meal 4:
    Chicken, green beans + 1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 5:
    Lean Protein, 1 tbsp olive oil.

Meal 6:
    Protein Shake + 1tbsp olive oil

All protein servings are 40g's PWO inc, may go a little over if i add a few egg whites to my oatmeal + in the fat meals i add 2x cod liver oil caps (EPA)

On non workout days i substitute pwo with a pro fat meal.

Does this sound like a good approach? also how often should i cheat and to what extent?! i could go 2 weeks max, before i feel like shit, usually one time per week is good, but it usually slows down results.

Cheers

Andy

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    man, read the dieting stickies and how to cut...
    substitue flax oil for your olive oil first off,
    and where's the cardio?
    do it low intensity 60-65% of ur heart rate in the a.m. on an empty stomach, do a search for more info on that...
    Diet is 80% of cutting man, PLEASE read up and get a diet worked out and a workout regimen set up...post it...and then people will critique...
    good luck man!

Are you kidding? i read the sticky! Ill reply to you in CAPS!

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    man, read the dieting stickies and how to cut...
    substitue flax oil for your olive oil first off

WHY? SHOW ME WHERE FLAX IS SHOWN TO BE BETTER THAN OLIVE OIL AT PROVIDING ALL 3 OMEGA FATTY ACIDS, WHEN YOU CAN THEN WE TALK

and where's the cardio?
    do it low intensity 60-65% of ur heart rate in the a.m. on an empty stomach, do a search for more info on that...

I WAS ASKING FOR DIET ADVICE, NOT CARDIO ADVICE, ITS BEING DONE FOR 45MINS ON THE TREADMILL 3.6-3.8MPH @ A 7.5% INCLINE, 5-6 X PER WEEK

Diet is 80% of cutting man, PLEASE read up and get a diet worked out and a workout regimen set up...post it...and then people will critique...
    good luck man!
    WORKOUT IS FOLLOWING DORIAN YATES SETUP

DAY 1, CHEST AND BICEPS,
    DAY 2, BACK AND QUADS
    DAY 3, SHOULDERS AND TRI'S
    (MON, WED, FRI)

Well the cardio wasn't posted so i figured maybe you weren't doing it. your PWO nutrition doesn't even say what it is besides a protein estimate. and i'll take lean protein to be ok since you and i don't actually know what it is. In your PPWO meal you should have another carb source besides green beans in my opinion, maybe some brown rice. i guess i shouldn't have said anything and had you bump this 7 times so someone else could have been shot down by your attitude. its just my advice so if you don't want it don't read it, and why don't you do yourself a favor and do a search on flax. and then go buy some...

Well the cardio wasn't posted so i figured maybe you weren't doing it.

SORRY SHOULD OF STATED IN MY FIRST POST

your PWO nutrition doesn't even say what it is besides a protein estimate

PWO IS 40 GRAMS OF PROTEIN COMING FROM WHEY ISOLATE + THE 80 GRAMS IS 20 GRAMS DEXTROSE AND THE OTHER 60 GRAMS FROM OATS (PREFER TO USE OATS AS WHEN DIETING ITS TOUGH ENOUGH, PLUS OATMEAL IS PRETTY NICE!

. and i'll take lean protein to be ok since you and i don't actually know what it is.

LEAN PROTEIN FOR ME IS SKINLESS/BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST, I USE 130G WHICH EQUATES TO ROUGHLY 40-45GRAMS OF PROTEIN

In your PPWO meal you should have another carb source besides green beans in my opinion, maybe some brown rice.

MY PPWO READ; Lean Protein, 3/4 cup oatmeal, THE ONE WITH GREEN BEANS WAS THE MEAL AFTER IT

i guess i shouldn't have said anything and had you bump this 7 times so someone else could have been shot down by your attitude. its just my advice so if you don't want it don't read it, and why don't you do yourself a favor and do a search on flax. and then go buy some...

I APPRECIATE THE ADVICE FELLA I REALLY DO, ITS JUST I THOUGHT YOU WERE PATRONISING ME LIKE I DIDNT HAVE A CLUE. WHEN IM ACTUALLY A PRETTY EXPERIENCED TRAINER AND AT 230LBS 13% I AINT SMALL! I THOUGHT MY POST WAS PRETTY GOOD AND I PROVIDED ALL INFO REQUIRED.

iVE USED FLAX IN THE PAST FOR A FEW YEARS, BUT SINCE READING SOME OF DANTE'S WRITINGS AKA DOGGCRAPP, I SWITCHED TO OLIVE OIL BECAUSE 1; ITS ALOT CHEAPER! AND 2; I FIND IT PROVIDES THE SAME BENEFITS ESPECIALLY LOOKING AT THE STRUCTURE.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    NOVASTEPP -
    I agree that Scarface's origonal diet could have been a little more detailed...but you dont have to be a DICK about it. It was obvious to me that he had in fact read the sticky, since his outline was pretty much a carbon copy...except TAILORED to his own needs. In fact, I think his initial diet posting was better than 90% of the new member's who have tried the same. Just because he has been a member less time than you, or doesn't have many posts...doesnt mean he is less than you. Perhaps I don't know the whole story, but to my knowledge, he didnt do or say anything to warrent your disrespect. Please don't be rude because you can. It is a reflection of character and you will lose face very quickly around here.

Scarface...do you have a calorie or macronutrient estimate? According to your stats, it doesn't look like you're eating enough. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by xtinaunasty; 01-30-2006 at 10:41 PM.

thank you xtinaunasty, for putting me in my place, and it seems we had met reckoning ground before your post. but yeah came off a little dickish but it wasnt intended to, i gave my best advice that i could because i didnt know how experienced he was, so i figured reading would be good. and yeah i noticed it was tailored but as you said it didnt look like it would meet his stats, so i figured it was something someone gave him or something like that. i dont care how many posts i have or how long ive been a member, and i know i am myself 20 years old, and i have learned most of all that i know from here and reading, so since it worked for me, since he was 22 it would work for him since young guys on here are either looking for 1. advice for poor AAS decisions or 2. for a wealth of knowledge, just figured i'd point him in that direction on here. and i dont ever state to have "the answers" but no one was saying anything so i figured something was better than nothing. sorry for the misunderstanding Scarface.

xtinaunasty:
    Scarface...do you have a calorie or macronutrient estimate? According to your stats, it doesn't look like you're eating enough. I could be wrong though
    Your probably right, im like a yo-yo. I usually go up too quickly in weight (e.g. last bulk i went to 255lbs) Then worry about all the fat acrued then cut too harshly and lose most of my muscle.

Calories are around the 2,300 workout days and 2000 on off days. Some days i was going as low as 1,800. I always have trouble figuring out where i should be at calorie wise. When i bulk/add muscle im right around the 3,500-4000 cal range if i go to the upper end then fat piles on faster than Maurice Greene in the 100!

novastepp No worries bro, its cool. I can understand why you made the post, especially with alot of the first posters. Ive been a member here in the past but forgot my username and password lol, i post quite a bit over at intensemuscle and wannabebig.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i just want to state for the record that nova is a stand up guy. i over reacted a little but he didnt throw anything back in my face. i get frustrated because of the way "newbies" are treated sometimes. i shouldn't have taken it out on one person. thanks for understanding nova!!

scarface:
    well, i dont know how old you are. but i plugged in 25 years old just to get a number. if you're more than a couple years off either way, let me know and ill do it over.

but w/the age i plugged in, your BMR came up as 2263. im really bad at estimating calories burned through activity...but would you say your burn 500+ on workout days? you're the trainer so you prolly would have more luck estimating that. lol. anyway, on workout days i would shoot for exactly where you were (2300) and cardio only days look good too (2000)...but I wouldnt go lower than 2000.

as far as cheating goes, i find it to be couterproductive to have an entire DAY...but if you can limit it to 1 or 2 cheat meals per week I would recommend it!

Thankyou for the reply and taking time to work that out for me, really sweet of you loving the back shot in your journal too you give some awsome advice, im pretty sure you'll acheive all the goals you set out

Im actually 22, so im guessing the cals would need to be a little higher. But those numbers look really good to me. Not sure about cals burned in a workout. My training style would be for example:

Chest and Biceps:

DB bench: 2 worksets 6-8

Incline BB bencg: 2 x 6-8

DB Curl: 2x 6-8

EZ bar curl: 2 x 6-8

Work to failure on the last set, i seem to respond really well to low volume, like dorian did. But im not sure on the cals burned?

Thread Information