24labor is offline Anabolic Member

For those who need college diet tips

I posted a little list for someone earlier and thought that it would be good to post it for everyone else in college

1. Get job(bodybuilding is an expensive sport)
    2. Foreman grill baby
    3. I have this little pot it looks like a tea kettle(general eletric makes it) made of plastic and you plug it in and it boils water....eggs
    4.utilize the microwave,oats, rice, veggies even eggs can be cooked in there
    5. Cook food days in advance Every sunday and thursday for me
    6.Use the cafateria for cheat meals or days whatever you do, although some cafaterias like mine often have chicken breast and rice so keep you eyes open.
    7. invest in plastic baggies or containers and bring to class, eat on a bench if you have to(like me)
    8.Although it's college and it's tough, limit shakes even though they are so easy to just pound down, solid food is the best.
    9. Take advantage of the forum it'll anwser all your questions

Anyone in college or not that can add to your fellow academic forum buddies please do. I know it's rough to deal with it, but it is capable to do.

Liquidred is offline Associate Member
    Foreman grill is def a must....
    another since i never think ahead i found these bags of chicken at sam's they are tyson and can go straight to frozen to fully cooked with less then like 10 min.

I use every thing in that list

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Good tips!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ya man..I made myself some chicken breasts the other day and wolfed them down before my next class outside on a bench. I had 10 mins so I had to be quick.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Ya man..I made myself some chicken breasts the other day and wolfed them down before my next class outside on a bench. I had 10 mins so I had to be quick.
    Yea i hate that shit having class end then a 10 min break then having to walk across campus. I think we need the moving sidewalks like in the Jetsons

scm007 is offline Associate Member
    OK, here are some of my inputs. Look at the college newspaper for jobs, they usually have lots of jobs there which are close by and pay really well (depending on experience and location). I'm starting a job for $20 an hour like 20 hours a week next week. Also, get out of the dorms! It makes it 20x more uncomfortable to cook all your shit in there as well as storing everything. You can usually find a room in a house with a full kitchen for less money. Utilize the student center and the dorm microwaves. This way you can pack your bag with all your food for like 6 hours (including shakes if you carry enough shit) and then heat them up and not want to barf lol. Lol skip class if you feel like working out then or eating. And for your cheat meals, ask around at the student center where they have their clubs, on almost any given day some club is having a pizza party. There ya go. Also, if you work part time (i think 15 hours or more? maybe 20) then you are eligible for food stamps. I'm going to be getting em soon, I think it is like $200 free per month courtesy of the government, and the taxpayers. Abuse the system while you can my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by scm007
    OK, here are some of my inputs. Look at the college newspaper for jobs, they usually have lots of jobs there which are close by and pay really well (depending on experience and location). I'm starting a job for $20 an hour like 20 hours a week next week. Also, get out of the dorms! It makes it 20x more uncomfortable to cook all your shit in there as well as storing everything. You can usually find a room in a house with a full kitchen for less money. Utilize the student center and the dorm microwaves. This way you can pack your bag with all your food for like 6 hours (including shakes if you carry enough shit) and then heat them up and not want to barf lol. Lol skip class if you feel like working out then or eating. And for your cheat meals, ask around at the student center where they have their clubs, on almost any given day some club is having a pizza party. There ya go. Also, if you work part time (i think 15 hours or more? maybe 20) then you are eligible for food stamps. I'm going to be getting em soon, I think it is like $200 free per month courtesy of the government, and the taxpayers. Abuse the system while you can my friends.
    Really? How do you go about getting food stamps

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    nice man, that def helps

chinups Guest
    I personally would be using protein shakes non stop

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Great Post 24, i feel good today knowing i do everything on that list. i always bring my food and people always look at me, and i'm thinking,

"Oooohhhh Yeeeeaaaaahhh!"

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Everyday for me baby...

I got my Tues and Thursday schedual worked out, i just need to work on M W F. ..shiat

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    Great Post 24, i feel good today knowing i do everything on that list. i always bring my food and people always look at me, and i'm thinking,

"Oooohhhh Yeeeeaaaaahhh!"
    lmao. I know what you mean. I was lean bulking last semester. Walking from class to class with only 10 minutes in between, I wouldn't have time to go sit and eat a meal. People give you a funny looks when your speed walking with a chicken breast in one hand and a yam in the other. When someone would ask me what I was doing I would always respond "Whatever it takes.".

geobatman is offline Junior Member
    Some suggestions for those 10 minute breaks where sitting and eating is NOT an option.

1. Fruit - saves my life every day.
    2. tuna packets - no mess, no fuss, straight up protein.
    3. shaker cup with just protein powder in it. In 10 minutes you can obtain an ice cold bottle of water or 500ml-1L of skim milk to add to shaker cup.

I'm on a personally mission to evaporate the whole 'fruit isn't good while cutting' myth.

On a second note, check this out
    hahah, best smiley.

geobatman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    lmao. I know what you mean. I was lean bulking last semester. Walking from class to class with only 10 minutes in between, I wouldn't have time to go sit and eat a meal. People give you a funny looks when your speed walking with a chicken breast in one hand and a yam in the other. When someone would ask me what I was doing I would always respond "Whatever it takes.".
    funny shit. LOL. For some reason, my mental picture of is hilarious. How do you even eat a yam with 1 hand?

haha

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by geobatman
    funny shit. LOL. For some reason, my mental picture of is hilarious. How do you even eat a yam with 1 hand?

haha
    I'm sure it was hilarious to anyone outside of the BB scene. I personally didn't care. So I may look funny speed walking eating a yam and a chicken breast and the girls will laugh and giggle. But when I take my shirt off, they stop giggling. So I let people say whatever they wanted behind my back. My best friend who is also a bodybuilder, and much more gifted than me, saw me hurrying to my Pyschology class one afternoon trying to put down my pro/carb meal. He started yelling at me in the middle of the courtyard attracting everyones attention. Through the midst of his laughter, I made out the words "You bring a whole new meaning to "speed eating". You could so beat that asain dude scarfing hot dogs if you both were in a dead sprint."

As to your question, I have very big hands.

Thread Information