Giantz11 is offline Respected Member

Everyone, Read UP......

Listen up everyone. I've been reading a plethora of threads lately that contain false/horrific advise, given by people who have no clue as to what they are saying. So I say this; If you are going to give diet advice out in this forum.

- The advice given needs to be factual and if presented as factual, needs to be referenced if asked.
    - If the advice is an opinion, the opinion needs to be justified if called for. I see so many people that will say something like, "Don't eat carbs after 7pm, your body doesn't utilize them at this time". If you say something like that you better be able to explain why your body can't use carbs.

I'm certain by now many people know some of my personal views on things such as PWO nutrition etc..., I'm not going to say anything to anyone that recommends Dextrose for PWO or anything like that. But if anyone gives us some asinine facts like "using Dex makes you 1000% more anabolic PWO", get ready to be called out.

Point is, we are all here to help each other out, share personal experiences and opinions on all diet related things. I encourage any discussions of theories etc... However just a warning to anyone that is posting blatantly bad advice, I'm gonna call you out and make you explain your position. Yes this is a steroid board, but we have some of the Net's best minds in here, Swole, Johan and plenty of others that contribute in here. So I'd like to see us ditch the rift raft and keep one of the nets best Diet forums getting even better. Thanks for your help.

~Giantz

Bump.....

swizole is offline Associate Member
    hell yeah, I agree. Sometimes i wonder if some of the shit i read on here is true or just some fat guy's opinion on what works. I dont want opinions, I want facts and facts from guys with extensive knowledge like swole, and u. Im not claiming to know much about dieting at all, but some of the stuff I read on here is garbage.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Hell yeah Giantz11. If you post something you had better be able to reference it. Dieting can be the most complicated part of bodybuilding just because of all the misinformation that's out there.

I use oats and whey for PWO when cutting. Don't know how many times I had to defend myself for not using dextrose/malto PWO.

Also dieting is about 90% in one's goals BB realted. You know how many people in the AAS Forum are taking 1/2 gram of test a week but don't know what protein is? It's scary.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Also dieting is about 90% in one's goals BB realted. You know how many people in the AAS Forum are taking 1/2 gram of test a week but don't know what protein is? It's scary.
    Damn scary. Information on proper dieting/ lifting techniques/ and aas are vital for BB. How many people do you see in the gym that can bench 350lbs but look like sh!t because they don't know how to diet? Or how many people do you see running miles on top of miles at the gym but still look out of shape? Or , like you said the "scary" scenario, where someone will take aas and wonder why there not getting any bigger or look any better? Probably because they're lifting half assed 2 or 3 times a week taking in 2000 calories a day, mostly from whey shakes too.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Good point Giantz but I also think that some of the people give advice that worked for them, granted some of the advice is so far out there that its obvious its bogus. Sometimes I do think that people give there advice as to something that might have worked for them but isn't necessarily something that you or Swole would advise. Just my opinion.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    YEA! rip their heads off!

I mean bump... everyone should read this.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    omg .. did you just say PLETHORA?! LOL
    why not immense number or BUNCHA ?

Listen up everyone. I've been reading an immense number of threads lately that... ~Giantz
    Listen up everyone. I've been reading a buncha of threads lately that... ~Giantz
    SEE much kewter!~

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Plethora is my word, and so is horrid!!

~SC~

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Here, here - more house cleaning!

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Plethora is my word, and so is horrid!!

~SC~

Shit for real, I might have to make a few edits then.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Good point Giantz but I also think that some of the people give advice that worked for them, granted some of the advice is so far out there that its obvious its bogus. Sometimes I do think that people give there advice as to something that might have worked for them but isn't necessarily something that you or Swole would advise. Just my opinion.

Not trying to ask people to hold back what has worked. Just if its way the hell out there, be able to explain.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Not trying to ask people to hold back what has worked. Just if its way the hell out there, be able to explain.

Bump!

Bump...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

i see you still havnt given SC his word back

Plethora theif!

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds reasonable enough!!

That bulking diet thread that got locked is a STERLING/PLATINUM example of what this thread was created to address!

~SC~

I was gonna say the same damn thing

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Bump.

Cool, because it needed to be said!

~SC~

rissinite is offline Associate Member

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    George Bush hates black people.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    George Bush hates black people.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Listen up everyone. I've been reading a plethora of threads lately that contain false/horrific advise, given by people who have no clue as to what they are saying. So I say this; If you are going to give diet advice out in this forum.

- The advice given needs to be factual and if presented as factual, needs to be referenced if asked.
    - If the advice is an opinion, the opinion needs to be justified if called for. I see so many people that will say something like, "Don't eat carbs after 7pm, your body doesn't utilize them at this time". If you say something like that you better be able to explain why your body can't use carbs.

I'm certain by now many people know some of my personal views on things such as PWO nutrition etc..., I'm not going to say anything to anyone that recommends Dextrose for PWO or anything like that. But if anyone gives us some asinine facts like "using Dex makes you 1000% more anabolic PWO", get ready to be called out.

Point is, we are all here to help each other out, share personal experiences and opinions on all diet related things. I encourage any discussions of theories etc... However just a warning to anyone that is posting blatantly bad advice, I'm gonna call you out and make you explain your position. Yes this is a steroid board, but we have some of the Net's best minds in here, Swole, Johan and plenty of others that contribute in here. So I'd like to see us ditch the rift raft and keep one of the nets best Diet forums getting even better. Thanks for your help.

~Giantz
    Wait so your saying its not true about Dextrose???????

LOL - What's up Giantz? It's been a while.

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    I noticed the first guy to respond so innocently to your thread Giantz, was the guy that posted the worst bulking thread/advice I've ever seen.

I didnt post that shitty ass bulking diet, I was the one making fun of the idiot who did!

Right, it was not Swiz it was some other twatjockey.

~SC~

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swizole
    I didnt post that shitty ass bulking diet, I was the one making fun of the idiot who did!

Sorry Swiz, got confused. I was irritated.

My bad.

MuX

MarkyMark is offline Member
    I try and not crush others opinions .. but I am glad to see people in charge seeing a need for change ...

BUMP

......abolic PWO", get ready to be called out.

~Giantz
    Sorry man, need to call you out...it is "riff raff" not rift raft:

Google:
    Definitions of Riff Raff on the Web:

* As an epithet, Riff Raff, belongs to a category of insults focusing on behavioral characteristics (such as mannerisms, lifestyle) rather than overt racial characteristics (as with nigger, yid).
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riff_Raff

Fair enough, I would have though Swole the Gramar Nazi would have got me first

its cool, lagmuxle just didnt want my name associated with that garbage

Thread Information