Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bolin is offline Associate Member

Arrow This is my current DIET!!! Help....

[SIZE=2][SIZE=7]I am going to do this diet all year round.... i read it on a fitness magazine and the guy who did this kind of diet is amazing...... I mean the kind of body I would like to have. I am having about 75gms of protein more that he does.... but he stays clean all year round.... not bulk up in winter cut up in summer.....

here it goes

6.30am protein shake (22gms) 1 cup quaker oats

8.30am 2 slices wholemeal bread with turkey breast and edem cheese, 1 banana

10.30 1 can tuna with veg, 1 apple

12.30 chicken breast with rice, 1 low fat yogurt

2.30 22gms protein shake

4.30 steak with salad

5.30 gym

7.15 42gms protein shake

9.30 chicken breast with salad

I may include 2 grapefruits somewhere... I love fruits... but have to keep them low

I just have one question..... I was reading about the quaker oats and there was listed that 1 cup may have about 40gms carbs!!! is it true cause there isnt written on the container..... please critique

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    That diet needs some work.....what exactly are your goals? Cutting, Bulking???

Give a little more info, and while you're at it read the bulking and cutting stickies. It will give you an idea of where your diet needs work.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    [size=2][SIZE=7]I am going to do this diet all year round.... i read it on a fitness magazine and the guy who did this kind of diet is amazing...... I mean the kind of body I would like to have. I am having about 75gms of protein more that he does.... but he stays clean all year round.... not bulk up in winter cut up in summer.....

here it goes

6.30am protein shake (22gms) 1 cup quaker oats Low Protein here

8.30am 2 slices wholemeal bread with turkey breast and edem cheese, 1 banana

10.30 1 can tuna with veg, 1 apple

12.30 chicken breast with rice, 1 low fat yogurt yogurt =bad sugars

2.30 22gms protein shake add some EFA's here

4.30 steak with salad add some EFA's here

5.30 gym

7.15 42gms protein shake add Dex.

9.30 chicken breast with salad add carbs.

I may include 2 grapefruits somewhere... I love fruits... but have to keep them low

I just have one question..... I was reading about the quaker oats and there was listed that 1 cup may have about 40gms carbs!!! is it true cause there isnt written on the container..... please critique
    here is wt i suggest

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Okay in my opinion your diet needs some serious work...so here is my advice...
    6:30 am-8 egg whites and a cup of oatmeal...yes 1 cup of oatmeal is 54 carbs not 40
    8:30 am-Turkey isnt a bad idea but i would go with a pro/fat meal here so get rid of the bread and go with the cheese.
    10:30 am-Im not a big fan of fruit...fruit contains simple sugars and will only get stored as fat...if you are going to eat fruit, have it post workout when it can be used properly to restore glycogen. I am a big fan of tuna fish though so why dont you have about 6 oz. of tuna fish and a few slices of whole wheat bread and possibly a tablespoon of lowfat mayonaise.
    12:30 pm-nothing wrong with this meal.
    2:30 pm- Move your steak and salad meal here. because you dont want a pro/fat meal before your workout...you want a pro/carb meal.
    4:30-have about 40-50 grams of whey protein and 60-80 grams of low glycemic carbs
    5:30-workout
    7:00-40-50 grams of whey protein and 60-80 grams of high glycemic carbs.
    9:30-any lean protein you want with 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter.

This way all of your meals are either pro/carb or pro/fat...no point in mixing up the two...also your diet was missing eggs which is a great musclebuilding protein and i wouldnt go a day without it. I didnt like your post workout meal because you werent replacing glycogen storage with any carbs whatsoever. And I would advise against doing the same diet all year round man...eating the same food will only get you so far.

yeah smokethedays is right...you need your Essentia Fatty Acids but i wouldnt suggest having a meal with carbohydrates before falling asleep.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Remember that what you read in magazines is "created" to sell the magazine.

~SC~

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Fitness magazine diets suk!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Why is it people think that carbs before bed are going to kill you yet they recomend Fat?? I personally think that is hilarious, and please don't give me that carbs at night make you fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Why is it people think that carbs before bed are going to kill you yet they recomend Fat?? I personally think that is hilarious, and please don't give me that carbs at night make you fat.
    It's a big fallacy due to the mis-understanding of scenarios. Of course a good amount of carbs before bed when one has sat on his/her respective (__!__) the entire day is not a good idea, as that does have a good propensity to be stored as fat. However, if one has performed an activity (weight training) that demands that those nutrients be ingested for optimal recovery, then there is nothing wrong w/eating them at all.

That is where the confusion lies, not really in the carbs themselves but in the scenarios.

~SC~

Even if one was to eat carbs before bed and did not weight train and was in a caloric deficit its (next to) impossible for them to be converted to fat. Which hopefully and I mean hopefully most people realize that when cutting they need to have a deficit, or you're just pissing into the wind.

Even if one was to eat carbs before bed and did not weight train and was in a caloric deficit its (next to) impossible for them to be converted to fat. Which hopefully and I mean hopefully most people realize that when cutting they need to have a deficit, or you're just pissing into the wind.

Mmmmm, can't say I agree there. It's not as simple as calories in/out bro.
    This is why I wrote my piece titled "why I don't count calories".

Example. You don't eat ALL DAY. Let's say your kcal intake to maintain is 3000 kcals per day. You wait until the last meal of the day to eat pizza! You eat an entire medium pizza which totals 2500 kcals and you go to sleep right away.

You mean to tell me that the body won't store ANY of that ingested pizza as fat?? Indeed it will.

You f*ck up your body composition if you eat like this, yes, but the point here is that caloric defecit or not, too many carbs at once ARE stored as fat.

~SC~

iI def wasn't reffering to eating a Hi GI carb source with Fat such as pizza, as that would be obvious. However If you have eaten enough protein throughout the day to support muscle growth/repair then carbs will not be converted to fat if eaten at night. As long as you are in a deficit, this simply does not comply with the laws of thermodynamics, also glucose cannot be converted to fat in the presence of a cal deficit. Now if ones nutrition was awful and pizza was eaten, then yes you risk fat storage as insulin and carbs will be predominant. However if we are talking about a good Low-GI carb source and protein there is no way you are getting fat. Its actually harder for a carb to be converted to a triglyceride than it is for fat because of their repective structures.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Mmmmm, can't say I agree there. It's not as simple as calories in/out bro.
    This is why I wrote my piece titled "why I don't count calories".

Example. You don't eat ALL DAY. Let's say your kcal intake to maintain is 3000 kcals per day. You wait until the last meal of the day to eat pizza! You eat an entire medium pizza which totals 2500 kcals and you go to sleep right away.

You mean to tell me that the body won't store ANY of that ingested pizza as fat?? Indeed it will.

You f*ck up your body composition if you eat like this, yes, but the point here is that caloric defecit or not, too many carbs at once ARE stored as fat.

~SC~
    that's wt i do, i split my Cals. intake through out the day almost even.
    but i make the pre-workout meal a bit higher in Cals.
    and when i say carbs before bed, i don't mean 1/2 lbs rice or something, i mean couple rice cakes or a small bowl of brown or white rice (about 40 g carbs.)

iI def wasn't reffering to eating a Hi GI carb source with Fat such as pizza, as that would be obvious. However If you have eaten enough protein throughout the day to support muscle growth/repair then carbs will not be converted to fat if eaten at night. As long as you are in a deficit, this simply does not comply with the laws of thermodynamics, also glucose cannot be converted to fat in the presence of a cal deficit. Now if ones nutrition was awful and pizza was eaten, then yes you risk fat storage as insulin and carbs will be predominant. However if we are talking about a good Low-GI carb source and protein there is no way you are getting fat. Its actually harder for a carb to be converted to a triglyceride than it is for fat because of their repective structures.
    Cool, I agree with you on this!

The tricky part though is those w/insulin sensitivity issues and carb sensitive people. Even in a defecit, eating them and not doing anything can really work against them. (They are not in the majority though)

~SC~

Swole the real issue when I first posted was that someone again *sigh* posted don't eat carbs before bed. And this was a person that was weight training on that very day. I wanna kill whoever started that awful rumor!

Find comfort in knowing that you know what the real deal is.

I know I most certainly do.

~SC~

Swole you been in the game for a while, who is the ass clown that started these rumors? Maybe we could throw them a nice beat down, compliments of AR.

Yeah, we could get Trendkill from the Lounge to help in the beatings. He loves to go around beating people with car loads of friends.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Yeah, we could get Trendkill from the Lounge to help in the beatings. He loves to go around beating people with car loads of friends.

~SC~

LMFAOOOOOO

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    bro, that diet needs a lot of work. You have to consider genetics. You are not the same as the guy on that diet (if he really even is on that diet). Find out what works for you and don't use anyone elses plan because in most cases everyone will be different and individualized.

-SHRED

~SC~

LOL!

Must have made some loot selling all those bullshit lies so we'll jack his wallet too!

Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    bro, that diet needs a lot of work. You have to consider genetics. You are not the same as the guy on that diet (if he really even is on that diet). Find out what works for you and don't use anyone elses plan because in most cases everyone will be different and individualized.

-SHRED

Back on topic, Shred is right. You need to come up with your own plan. With what you need. More fats, less fats, more carbs, less carbs etc...You need to find your daily cals and so on, check the stickies get a rough outline together and post it up, there are alotta good guys willing to help around here.

And don't eat carbs after 5:17pm! LOL J/K

Blog Entries
    Back on topic, Shred is right. You need to come up with your own plan. With what you need. More fats, less fats, more carbs, less carbs etc...You need to find your daily cals and so on, check the stickies get a rough outline together and post it up, there are alotta good guys willing to help around here.

And don't eat carbs after 5:17pm! LOL J/K
    WTF, i thought it was 6:17 pm?!!!

My bad, typo. I haven't had carbs since 5:17pm.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i saw a simaliar diet in a mens health magazine called " loose ur gut " you gotta remember dude that just because a certain diet works for him dosent mean it will work for you evreyones body reacts diffrent to carbs/ fats etc.. i would recomend looking at the sticky's then build off of that and tinker with your diet and there is no way you can eat clean like that year round because of refeeds i bet that mag didnt meantion anything about refeeds did it ???

Blog Entries
    man, these mags are WAK, most of the supps, diets, workouts are bullshit. pure bullshit
    just like the TV commercials.
    only 15 mins a day on our ABs special blablablah and couple of those pills a day u'll have ABs of steel sticking out, order now with ur CREDIT CARD and recieve a large free pizza from our sponsor Pizza Hut.

Thanks guys.....

I will add some flax seed oil where marked as to add fat.....
    I wish that I could have eggs when I wake up.... but my sister has a baby and she doesnt like me messing up in the kitchen at 5.30am!!!!

I really did work on my diet..... I never used to have all this protein shakes, chicken, tuna and other stuff...... so to me this is a big improvemnt.

I will try to make it better.... I will have the banana after my workout and add some carbs in the 9.30pm meal with the chicken.

But why is the yogurt that bad??? I really like having something good in a day.... i mean it only has 17 gms carbs and 0.2 gms fat.....

I usually have a protein bar (50gms protein/ 10gms carbs/ 8,5gms fat)

THanks GUYS!!!

OK diet sorted... please make last comments!

hey Guys... I read the LEAN BULK diet and this is what I think is the maximum i can prepare and eat...... I arranged something so that I can cook the eggs in the 6am meal.... (DAMN I am ****in crazy.... I have to wake up at 5.15am to cook the omlette.....

6am 5 egg whites omlette with turkey ham and cheese
    22gms protein shake
    25grms oatmeal

8am 2 slices of wholemeal bread
    turkey breast and edem chesse
    15ml flax seed oil

10am 1 can of tuna with salad
    1 apple
    1 yogurt

12.15pm chicken breast
    1 cup rice
    5ml flax seed oil

2.30pm 30gms protein shake

4.45pm steak
    2 spoons oatmeal

5.30pm workout

7.15 one meal replecment protein shake (vitamins and carbs included)
    1 banana

4 caramel rice cakes

I eat 1 protein bar (50gms) too

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    dont believe that stuff in the magazine bro...
    its all crap.....

--------------------------------------------------
    good call swole

~SC~

yeah ok mate.... I GOT THAT! just want to get some feedback about the diet

nps man dont get defensive..
    i aint attacking u..
    just giving u my opinion...
    but with those fats u have added in it does look better..
    but i do think if u wanna take in bout 20g of flax might aswell make it 10g each meal..
    rather than 15g one meal and 5g on other......

no offense mate.... ok i will take 10g and 10g...... I was thinkin about doing my own protein bar..... I will do a post about it

cool..
    that will be interesting making own protien bar

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    i no what you mean!!

yeah.......I used to think that too when i first started..... i read about it on many sites and mags...... Well now I know....

BTW.... I made the protein bars...... taste like shit...... back to buying them expensively from the gym!!!! well at least those taste like food!!!!

lmao.....

Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    hey Guys... I read the LEAN BULK diet and this is what I think is the maximum i can prepare and eat...... I arranged something so that I can cook the eggs in the 6am meal.... (DAMN I am ****in crazy.... I have to wake up at 5.15am to cook the omlette.....

6am 5 egg whites omlette with turkey ham and cheese
    22gms protein shake
    25grms oatmeal

8am 2 slices of wholemeal bread
    turkey breast and edem chesse
    15ml flax seed oil

10am 1 can of tuna with salad
    1 apple
    1 yogurt

12.15pm chicken breast
    1 cup rice
    5ml flax seed oil

2.30pm 30gms protein shake

4.45pm steak
    2 spoons oatmeal

5.30pm workout

7.15 one meal replecment protein shake (vitamins and carbs included)
    1 banana

4 caramel rice cakes

I eat 1 protein bar (50gms) too
    Once again man you are mixing fats and carbs in the same meal...dont do that. go pro/fat or pro/carb not pro/carb/fat.

ok mate.... can you indicate were to change pls? like where the whole meal bread??? where i take the flax seed oil??

ok got it... will post the new one soon
    thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information