Kurz is offline Member

TWO month BULKING log

02-01-2006

am stats, 6'2 - 168lbs coming off a hard cut from 6 months of triatholon training. 2 bodybuilding comps in my background. 29 years old. Sitting around 9-10%bf. Placed 4th in the first local event and 2nd in Mr.Columbus, both 5 years ago.

Goal LEAN MASS! Feb - April 15th (tax season) then the cut begins. Been on HRT of 250mg test cyp a week, 2 weeks will start Tbol or Dbol , EQ and test cycle. Need 10lbs natty first.

I feel diet and training are in line except for a few items. Post workout and prebed, with my work schedule (working 11_ hours a day, CPA) it's not easy. May be overtraining a tad. Following either 5x5 routine or Narks 12-15 rep, 8-10, 4-6 rep range schedule. Limiit cardio to 10 minutes after each session and on off days. Thanks for any advice!

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Looking forward to this bro. Good luck

Kurz is offline Member
    Planned Diet:

20 minutes run/walk with dog at 5:00am around neghborhood to get blood flowing and allow dog to urinate on neighbors yards.

6:00am
    1/4 cup steel cut oats
    1/3 cup rolled oats (sometimes switch to Oat bran)
    1 cup egg whites
    1/2 scoop protein with 1/2 cup carb less skim milk
    20 blueberries and a few blackberries in oats.........HEAVEN

9:00
    250g (1/2 small tub) dry curd cc - 45g pro
    10 peanuts, 10 almonds
    sf jello and fiber one sprinkled on top
    green tea

noon
    6-8 oz lean beef and chicken
    LARGE salad with veggies
    6oz yam

3pm
    1/2 cup oats
    1 scoop whey
    tea

500pm train

1/2 cup oats, skim, 1 scoop protein

muscle milk shake in skim or casein shake
    couple spoon full dry curd with sf jello
    10-20 almonds, walnuts, peanuts

immidiately after = bed.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~

Exclamation

i suggest 100% that if ur bulking u use dex/whey for immediate pwo this will induce a nice slin spike that will prevent any type of catabolism induced from you "EXTREME" Training sessions. anyways as clean as your diet is your bg levels should be low enuff and slin sensitivity should be high enuff that you can utilize atleast a 1:1 dex/whey intake

take in .25g Whey per lb of LBM and as anal as you are im certian you know your lbm to the oz.

i would HONESTLY Cut out muscle milk though it is YUMMY it can potentially create a BG Crash which is NOT A GOOD THING during your sleep i would go for something solid IF POSSIBLE say cottage cheese, eggwhites, and almonds pre bed for a good mix of high BA protein and LONG Lasting Protein as well as good fats and fiber to slow down digestion this will give you opt growth potential during your slumber w/o any type of fat storage that you so hate

Kurz is offline Member
    taste is not an issue...MM is a very sound product and I have having success with it....I usually have 1 scoop, 1 scoop casein, 4-5 almonds and some cottage cheese.

Dext/whey - read some studies and right now it doesnt agree with some of those principles.....glycogen stores are never totally depleted and a good carb source will work just as well.......hell, in the survery they conducted, 8 out of 10 PROS have WHEY only and then a meal (HUGE) shortly after...weird, I know....but this allows me to get a decent pro/carb meal in at 700pm and a good fat/pro meal in at 900 before bed.

Egg whites are pretty fast digesting bro...just an FYI.

Great critique though......I;ll tyake a look to see how you are doing on your thread. We getting the bf% down at all??? If I were u, I might CUT some of those cals at night......wayyyy too much IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    Dext/whey - read some studies and right now it doesnt agree with some of those principles.....glycogen stores are never totally depleted and a good carb source will work just as well.......hell, in the survery they conducted, 8 out of 10 PROS have WHEY only and then a meal (HUGE) shortly after...weird, I know....but this allows me to get a decent pro/carb meal in at 700pm and a good fat/pro meal in at 900 before bed.
    true thats because whey's aminos are extremely gluconeogenic but the fact is you want an INSULIN SPIKE which is PURE anticatabolic and most pro's dont train for the duration you train so they probably arent in that area of catabolism that you will be approaching
    Egg whites are pretty fast digesting bro...just an FYI.
    yes thats why i said high BA (bioavalibility) while casein can take up to 8hrs to fully process. it gives you multiple time frames of protein break/absorbtion helping w/ a better nitrogen ballance during nitetime.
    Great critique though......I;ll tyake a look to see how you are doing on your thread. We getting the bf% down at all??? If I were u, I might CUT some of those cals at night......wayyyy too much IMHO.
    lol cutting will be done when i run my tren as of now im runnning very low doses and just trying to get a lil bigger bf is maintaining same.. water weight is all over the place.
    str is going way up...

Kurz is offline Member
    why would want a bigger bf ever?????????????????? should never be a goal. You are relying too much on gear bro, it's scary........natty approach has been my thing.......relax on the cals and gear bro - you can do it w/o cheating.....you know it.

Kurz is offline Member
    I train for an hour max........most pros are def. in that timeframe. you are different because you train for 20-30 mins....you def. dont need to dext!

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    just trying to get a lil bigger bf is maintaining same.. water weight is all over the place.
    I think he meant to put a comma or somethin between bigger and bf. so he wants to get bigger and so far his BF is staying the same.

Anyway this is a good thread so far Kurz...Im interested in what kind of results you get. Good luck!

Kurz is offline Member
    thanks for following......i'll post up daily......so far my diet is exactly like I posted.....to the tee....just finished 1/2 cup oats, scoop of whey and some sf jello.......training delts in an hour..........

Diezed is offline Junior Member
    Kurz what are ur current stats u seem pretty jacked in your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    I think he meant to put a comma or somethin between bigger and bf. so he wants to get bigger and so far his BF is staying the same.

Anyway this is a good thread so far Kurz...Im interested in what kind of results you get. Good luck!
    what would i do w/o my lil AR translater'ette...

Kurz is offline Member
    I posted my diet on another board for shitz and giggles...10 out of 11 responses..."Is this a cutting diet, thought you were bulking??"

Does it look that low?

in comparison to all the bulking diets i've seen...this is the most anal, and prolly the lowest in calories (as far as your stats go). i would be surprised if you gained at all on this. then again, i didn't plug your diet into a diet program...i kinda eye-balled it. but it doesnt look even close to 3500 cals. which, with your stats and low-balling your activity level...you should be at to gain LBM. JMO!!!

Kurz is offline Member
    activity level? I sit in an office 10 hrs a day without moving........for the most part. I walk for 25 mins in the am before work with my dog and train at night...cardio is 1-2x a week.....I feel like im eating a ton......edit it as you feel fit. anxious to see.........

chinups Guest
    sounds good Kurz. Enjoy reading the knowledge

Kurz is offline Member
    It sounds good, cause I have pretty solid food choices, but the scale is stagnant.....someone said to add a pb sandwhich each day, then the next week add 2, then 3....

I got these 5 cases of myoplex carb sense bars (yes, still got em) and I need to use them else they will go to waste...maybe toss in one a day? Or break em up and eat them a little at a time with my meals? Good cals?

chinups Guest
    I am done with the scale, I no longer use it. Started dieting. I physically get skinnier and lsoe weight in the hard to lose areas and the scales says 2lbs heavier. Not sure if I should be upset but o well

Kurz is offline Member
    6:00am
    1/4 cup steel cut oats
    1/3 cup rolled oats (sometimes switch to Oat bran)
    1 cup egg whites
    1/2 scoop protein with 1/2 cup carb less skim milk
    20 blueberries and a few blackberries in oats.........HEAVEN

9:00
    250g (1/2 small tub) dry curd cc - 45g pro
    10 peanuts, 10 almonds
    sf jello and fiber one sprinkled on top
    green tea

noon
    6-8 oz lean beef and chicken
    LARGE salad with veggies
    6oz yam

3pm
    1/2 cup oats
    1 scoop whey
    tea

500pm train

1/2 cup oats, skim, 1 scoop protein

muscle milk shake in skim or casein shake
    couple spoon full dry curd with sf jello
    10-20 almonds, walnuts, peanuts

immidiately after = bed.

here's the diet for today....on par. Feel a little bloated and think its too many veggies and too big of a salad in my 3rd meal. All other meals feel good, think the 3rd one is too large and filling me up for the rest of the day. This is actually the 18th day on this diet with no changes other than maybe the last meal, being one of fish, shrimp and pasta, etc. on friday sat and sunday either homemade or out. No cheats, 100% strict.

Weight is actually down today. Having trouble measuring a serving of peanuts and almonds in both my before bed meal/snack and my 2nd meal of the day. Been using 10 almonds and 10 peanuts.....so 20 and 20 total for the day. Fats may be too low. Any advice?

Someone said to use the 5 cases of myoplex carb sens bars up by cutting them into pieces, eating them as a "desert" to each meal so that I finish 1 bar each day. Also to add a pb sandwhich each day, maybe even in the middle of the night. Then 2 next week, 3etc......

any ideas? thoughts? quit walking in the mornings????

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Could you maybe add up the totals (ie: pro/carbs/fats) for each meal? If so, I think you could/would recieve more help. I would do it, but I am too lazy and spend enough time doing it for myself. The reason I am asking you to do this is because at first glance your diet does look kind of light, but then again you have many more different food items in each meal, jsut in smaller amoutns so its hard to add up macros really quickly.

Kurz is offline Member
    its really hard...guessing 3,500 cals....salad, veggies, berries, peanuts, are just too hard to add up accurately......I get at least 100 cals from splenda and jello and sf gum that arent even on the post...plus the splashed of skim milk in my coffee.....the bites of homemade protein bars.......fiber one sprinkled on top of my jello and cottage cheese.....

oh btw like 40% of the cals u eat are used to help the body digest food so inturn the MORE YOU EAT THE MORE YOU BURN .. so just kuz ur ass is in an office doesnt mean u aint burning mad cal's.. especially when bulking. all that eating requires massive energy for proper digestion which inturn requires more CALS for tissue growth.. the 40% is just an estimate i read a paper once and i think it might be even higher then that.. someone correct me please

its really hard...guessing 3,500 cals....salad, veggies, berries, peanuts, are just too hard to add up accurately......I get at least 100 cals from splenda and jello and sf gum that arent even on the post...plus the splashed of skim milk in my coffee.....the bites of homemade protein bars.......fiber one sprinkled on top of my jello and cottage cheese.....
    oh btw if u twitch ur foot and fiddle at your office desk im sure u kan burn an extra 400cals during hte day ><

the walks should be fine... hey the muscle milk shake in your last meal...is that 2 scoops or 1? also, i can't find the nutritional breakdown for steel cut oats anywhere...are they pretty much the same as reg oats or what?

Kurz is offline Member
    I use about 4 scoops daily............nexst week may be 6.

steel = double the caloric value of rolled....1/4 = 1/2 rolled.

Kurz is offline Member
    2 weeks in, weight is up and down 1-2lbs...nothing to report...are my cals really low?? Maybe ai need a few cheat days to JUMP START!

yeah i put it into a diet program and it was around 2500 cals w/two scoops of muscle milk. if you say you have four scoops (assuming with milk) the total will be more like 2900-3000.

IMO, you still need to eat more. I would try and squeeze another meal in somewhere...pro/carb

its really hard...guessing 3,500 cals....salad, veggies, berries, peanuts, are just too hard to add up accurately.........
    i would say that salad, veggies, leaves, peanuts, twigs, and berries add up to about 5g of carbs and 150g of hippie . but seriously dude you may be overdoing the rabbit food. imo

also, where do u get steel oats instead of rolled and does it say on the package?

Kurz is offline Member
    you cant beat berries, splenda and steel cut oats...piping hot in the am....after a jog.

I think it's 4,000+, peanuts, almonds, protein bars, muscle milk and GUM are 2,000 alone!

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    you cant beat berries, splenda and steel cut oats...piping hot in the am....after a jog.

I think it's 4,000+, peanuts, almonds, protein bars, muscle milk and GUM are 2,000 alone!

All I have to say is....You know your calories are too low if you are actually counting the calories in your gum to reach your caloric goals while bulking.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Be a man!! Im getting over 6k!

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    All I have to say is....You know your calories are too low if you are actually counting the calories in your gum to reach your caloric goals while bulking.
    haha...no shit....obsessive compulsive?? lol

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    gum aint got no calories man that shit dont count, i eat like 3 packs of gum a day when im cutting C'mon now, i think you may be eating a tad to clean, when i bulk i pretty much eat anything as log as its high protein

you cant count all the cals in gum either...unless you swallow it all the time

u act as any fat u gain wont be removable.. but to each their own.. though i would just go all out and surpass where i want to be then cut to happiness but hey.. i hate fruit.. so i cant compare

Kurz is offline Member
    I WAS JOKING!!

i do eat a ton of gum though, but I have never counted a calories in my life....dont even look at cals....I look at sugar, protein, and fats...pretty much it.....I don't think my cals are that low, but maybe my metoblism is still high....hmm

Solarosh is offline New Member
    You keep saying you arent gaining, but how do you think you look?

Thread Information