Thread: Some questions

ctark is offline New Member

Some questions

Since April of 05 I've been on and off a low carb diet to shed off a lot of weight (Fat). I'm 6'4 and was 358 pounds. I am currently hovering around 270 now. But the past few months I've hit a wall and cant seem to get below 270. I figured maybe my diet has run its course and its time for something new. I'd really like to be 230 by the end of summer and then really start packing on some muscle sometime towards the end of the year. I'm not really looking to get really bulky, I just want a lot of lean cut muscle. I've been reading a lot of the diet stuff here but i'm not sure how much i should eat at my current weight. I wanna set up a weekly diet and stick to it week after week. Any suggestions?

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Use this formula for calculating your basic calorie needs.
    It is called the Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR).

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) +
    ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

Once that is calculated you would look at the Harris Benedict Formula for activity level...

Instead of typing all of this - check out this site

This should give you a good base that will at least get you headed in the right direction - after that you would need to read more on nutrition to see what you might eat to get the results you want.

Congrats on the weight loss ctark! That's a hella lot of pounds.

Good Luck Brother!

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    you might want to have a look at this diet as well http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=209212

So should i abandon my very low carb diet? I hear its not healthy from some and others say its great. If i can lose 10 pounds a month I'd be happy. Its getting a lot harder though!

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Well my friend ... Its hard to make any suggestions without any facts..

Please post your diet and tells us what your weight loss plan is currently.. because my first take is that your not as active as you should be and your diet is way off ...

help us out here..

Markymark

PS.. as to BMR caloric intake for the overweight.. It is my opinion that these people burn less calories than the thin person with the same lean muscle mass... so calories seem to be too high to work off the BMR ... hope that came out right ... 8>)

good luck

My plan is to get from 270 to 230 by June/July. My diet is pretty spotty these days. I dont stick to a specific diet. I'm somewhat active. I probably do 6 hours of cardio atleast a week. But i can do more.

Right now what i'm mainly looking for is how many calories, protein, carbs should i have a day. Sorry if I seem like an idiot when it comes to this stuff (Its because i am)

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Are you doing your cardio at 65 to 70% of your max heart rate in the morning before you eat anything? If not, you can start doing that and you should see a nice change after a couple of weeks. Just target that fat. Good luck bro.

Can anybody tell me the amount of carbs i should eat in a day?

Thread Information