chuck is offline Junior Member

Question the atkins diet and juicin does it work

i'm hearing alot about the atkins diet. everyone says it works . i'd like to shed about 40lbs. been working out hard doing cardio but im very inpatient. people say the weight comes off quick on the atkins diet, so i'm thinking why not take gear like winny/finna and clen with alittle test while doing the atkins. would it work .you take in alot of protien ,but with out all of the carbs would you still get some gains from the gear and still lose the weight. some feedback would be appreciated thanx bros

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    i'm not a real big fan of the atkins diet. i've heard some great success stories, but i just don't think it's a healthy diet, especially for body builders. i just picked up the body-rx book by a.scott connelly, the guy that makes met-rx. it's a pretty good book with what i think is a better diet than the atkins diet, it's kind of the same as atkins, but modified to have more carbs and such. just don't listen to scott on the don't do cardio bit. but i would def. check out the book if i were you, it's a good read.

thanx alot for the info bro

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Atikins diet

Ditto on that Fromfleshtosteel,
    The Atkins diet is NOT the diet that I would recopmmend to anyone. Especially to one who was into BB.
    If your want to talk to someone with first hand experince with this give bennie or llbeastcd a yell. They are both very experiences with this type of diet and can guide you through it. It sounds like that you want to cut and bulk at the same time. If this is the case, it is going to be really hard to do and bnot very pratical. Do one or the other to maxiumize our gains and justify the cycle.
    Tobey

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member
    Atkins a is fucking crook and should be shot.... he meathods will make you lose fat initially then your body begains to shut down and actually put on more weight... Its about as god as going out into the desert and starving yourself for a week.... It is not a good diet for athletes or bb of any type!
    Tex

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone here read any of Atkins stuff? You guys keep on slamming the diet and completely misrepresent what he says.

I find it a bit disturbing actually, because you are slamming it based on what someone told you he said.

Except for the first week of the Diet, Atkins allows carbs. I would be happy enough to discuss what Atkins says in greater detail, but I am very frustrated with the constant miscommunication of what he is advocating.

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    he does allow carbs, but he's really into eating all kinds of high fat foods which i don't like. and his basis for all of it is that people didn't report heart attacks much in the early 1900's. it may be a good diet for the average person(not in my opinion) but it definitely isn't the best choice for a bodybuilder.

he does allow carbs, but he's really into eating all kinds of high fat foods which i don't like. and his basis for all of it is that people didn't report heart attacks much in the early 1900's.

You are partly right. Atkins makes no distinction between fat and protien. I can't agree that he's "really into hight fat foods." I think his point is that you can eat as much fat as you want and lose weight. You can still be on Atkins on a low fat low carb diet your choice.

His point is that a persons bodyfat level has a much greater corelation coeficient than is related to specific foods ingested. Which is to say, you are likeley better off eating only lard if it brings your bodyfat % to 10% than you are to eat a well balance meal that keeps you at 40% bf. To suggest that you must eat fat as part of Atkins is a gross misrepresentation of what he says, in my opinion.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    This thread is getting off topic....it's not a debate about whether Atkins diet helps lose wieght, it's about whether or not to use it as part of a bodybuilding regime. The answer...NO!! If you want to get thin....go ahead, but if you want to be lean and muscular...look elsewhere. (No flame intended Beenie)

Pete>

Not taken as a flame at all. I felt compelled to take it off topic based on all of the falsehoods that keep on being repeated that are not based in fact.

But the initial question indicates that this member want to lose 40lbs. I think Atkins may be appropriate for him, and if I were Chuck (the person who initially posed the question), I would really look into it-- which is what he was doing.

thanx guys for the feed back,but tobey the iron chef gave me some guide lines to follow and so far so good ,but its only week one. as far as the atkins diet my mother really followed it and lost 55pounds in eight months no exercise at all,she just started so she can tone up,best shape of her life now at 50. But i would like to put some good lean muscle on and lose like 40 pounds so i don't think the atkins diet is the way to go for me. just going to do cardio and follow tobey's guied lines. I will keep everone that cares up to date on my progress thanxs again.

jokerswild is offline New Member
    The atkins and juice does work and eventually, if you have the discipline to keep it up...your body will be in a much more anabolic state. Read BodyOpus. It works. All protein/fat...No Carbs for 5 days. 2 days a week mix complex/simple carbs with protein with little to no fat and IT WORKS.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerswild
    The atkins and juice does work and eventually, if you have the discipline to keep it up...your body will be in a much more anabolic state. Read BodyOpus. It works. All protein/fat...No Carbs for 5 days. 2 days a week mix complex/simple carbs with protein with little to no fat and IT WORKS.

Your body is in an anabolic state when you eat more than you need, its not hard. Don't see how ketosis could put you in a much "more" anabolic state.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerswild
    It was the beginning of many now better approaches.

For his time in the 90's it was the "diet" to rave about.

Now people have ripped that shit to shreds and come up w/much more sensible approaches that not only yield BETTER results and a final product, but that are much more applicable to EVERYONE. You had to be a psycho maniac to run BodyOpus, and you damn sure couldn't have friends! It not only wasn't "reality", there eventually would sprout far better methods as I said.

Trust me, I know because I am one of those people.

~SC~

Thread Information