solid-d is offline Member

Weightlifter- Deit for gaining weight, need help

Im 22 years old, been lifting weights for 6 years now. Im 5'8" and 160lbs. Im looking to gain a clean solid 5-10lbs. I also got an extra inch or 2 on my stomach that I want to get rid of. I lift weights 4 days a week, and box 2 days a week. I eat every 3 hours to keep my motabolisim up. But I cant seem to gain the solid weight Im looking for. Sometimes I even loose a few lbs, even when I eat alot. I would like to know what you weightlifters eat to gain weight. I use creatine daily and eat protein packs after all workouts, then a big meal 2-3 hours later. Im always hungry, but never gain mass and therefore, I dont get as strong as I should/want to be. Please help with diet and clean foods. I eat alot of yogut/steak/egg whites/chicken/rice/fruit. Thanks for some info -1

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i think if u want to write up your diet weight and body fat bro, alot of the guys can critic it and help you out where to make the changes thats the easiest way

peace

solid-d is offline Member
    Ok, for instince I woke up today and ate 1 yogurt and 1 slimfast shake. That was a small breakfast for me. Then 2 hours later I lifted chest, then had my creatine. Then 30 mins later I ate 3 fat free hot dogs and 1 yogurt. Then 2-3 hours later I had 1 protein bar. 2 hours after that I had a chiness food dinner(2 chinken wings/4steak on sticks/rice). I know that not considered 'clean food' but it was good and I was working. Well that was at 8pm. 4 hours later I just ate 4egg whites and 1 1/2 yokes. And 8oz OJ.
    Tomorrow I will wake up to 4 egg whites and 2 yokes. 2-3 hours later, 2 lean hambegers on the grill. Then 2 hours later I will lift tris/shoulders. Then consume 5grams of creatine, following a protein shake(30grams protien) in milk. 3 hours later I will probally have some grilled chicked(8oz.). Then about 9pm, I may have a cheat meal of a 1/2 of pizza. then just a cup of milk before bed.
    Is that too low for eating if Im trying to gain weight? I know I should try to eat cleaner foods, like chicken, fish, steak. but its hard sometimes. I sometimes eat alot of fried chicken/ham and cheese/ cheese steaks when working. What do you guys eat. I also eat at least 1 fruit a day. Is rice and bread a starch food, that makes people hold in fat. I really want to gain solid weight and still cut down my stomach a bit.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    ok i suggest at your weight if you want to bulk and you are not using aas you totaly scrap ur diet and start again I really cant do everything for you here cos its not easy to build a diet. You need to look into clean foods and eating small and often, get complex carbs from paste, rice, oatmeal, get protein from chicken breast, tuna, egg whites protein supplements like whey protein, use some fat supplements like flax seed oil and fish and omega 3 oils. Try to build your diet say start with 3000 kals per day made up of 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat and split that into meals every 2 hrs. Take in some simple carbs after workout with a protein drink to aid in protein synthesis and then eat a full meal about an hr later. Diet is 80% of this good luck

peace

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Couldn't have said it better myself Orig.

BTW bro, definately scrap the OJ, and probably the yogurt too. Way too many sugars. You can replace those sugars with complex carbs in the forms of food that jason described above. Plus, I would much rather eat a cup of oatmeal with some Equal, and actually feel "full", rather than drinking a glass of OJ and having to eat something to make you full. good luck bro.

Thread Information