gymnut4u is offline Member

Bad News Peeps !!!!!!!!!!!

I have been haveing a problem for the last few months ,lite headed , headackes,tired,weak and shakey after a long workout or when doing cardio in the morning . I take good care of myself and went to the doc ,he took blood and ran some tests,I found out today that I am hypoglycemic for those who do not know what it is -- hypoglycemia—A less-than-normal level of glucose in the blood (low blood-glucose level). Fasting blood-glucose value less than normal levels. My doc told me that it is very common and shouldnt go to the point of dibetes ! My doc knows of my past (as) use and future plans to do (as) again , and (as) shouldnt effect this condition , as long as i keep my blood sugar level up !

Well the good part is that I do not have to take meds for this condition ,I just have to eat something sweet (simple sugars) every 4 hours,to keep the sugar value up in my blood .The reason for this post is I need help to layout a cutting diet no (as),want to stay fresh for a bulking cycle , and still keep my sugar levels up and still lose bf. My doc couldnt help much on a cutting diet a normal diet yes but a cutting diet no use at all .
    Help guys ????????? thanks gymnut

jammergsxr is offline Member

How Much?

Do you have to eat alot of suger?What I,d do is buy a box of assorted chocolates and eat just one piece every 4 hours.So your looking at like 3 to 4 in 12 to 16 hours,thats 200 calories,around 3.5 grams of fat,31 grams of sugar,40grams of carbs.You should be able to burn this pretty easy........hope this is some help.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Good luck Gymnut, I wish I could help you more, but I'm not a diet expert (Just look at my pix). Keep us posted on this condition as I may think I could be in the same position, as I experience many of those same symptoms and I am going to the doc myself tomorrow for a blood workup.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Can you eat fruit for your sugars? Bananas have lott of sugar, and so do citrus fruits. If this will do the trick, you'll get all kinda of secondary benefits.

MindBomb is offline Member
    Good luck gymnut. Try chewing on a piece of of gum while doing cardio. It provide quick fix.

Thanks peeps I have been doing an apple before cardio in the morning and an orange before training in the evening ,It is working great for now and I have ordered one of the blood sugar test machines to keep a better track of it .

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Hey Gymnut are you doing better brother? Hope so, let us know brother !

I had one bad day this week , scared the hell out of me ,I was doing heavy squats ,after my last set I got out of the rack turned around was going to get a drink of water and woke up with one of my bros standing over me ,lol The owners of the gym were freaking out and going to call 911 , now they do know me well and know I train like a freak ,and had never seen this before , my bro got them calmed down and got me a candy bar and I was ok ,lol !!!!!!!I laugh now but at the time it scared the hell out of me ! I of course called my md , I told him the deal ,he said no blood sugar no gym ! So i am fine just getting use to It,thanks for the help from the A.R family !!!!
    Last edited by gymnut4u; 03-18-2002 at 01:02 AM.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    gymnut4u,

Good luck with getting on top of this thing! Have you considered seeing a dietician? They may have a better idea of what foods to recommend and how to time the eating of them appropriately.

I only say this as I'd have thought eating sugary foods would be a bad idea - 1, high glycemic foods affect blood sugar levels dramatically (rapid influx and then an overresponse by the body producing a lowering of the blood sugar levels below they level they were) - sugar rush, as it's known and 2, it's known that eating high glycemic foods can help bring the onset of diabetes.....

Good luck bro

Daz

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    daum I wish my doc would tell me to eat something sweet every 4 hours, I have a hard enough time staying away from sweets!!! but sorry to hear that bro, from waht I understand, it is better to have what you have than high blood sugar, so it isn't the end of the world. the older you get, the more your body starts slowing down, and breaking down, gotta keep the maintenance up on it, just like anything else. Good luck my friend... at least you were smart enough to go to the doc and got your problem addressed and hopefully fixed.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Sorry to hear about that bro. I would suggest you to eat smaller meals every 3hrs with some sort of fruit . Since fruits have natural sugars there much better then artificial ones for the body. If you choose to eat fruit later on in the day, make shure its lower glycemic.Example=apple. This will still supply you with your natural sugar, however, the carbs in in will be most likely nurned off as energy as apposed to being stored as fat. Also do some research on the net about "low glycemic foods" this is what i do wen i go on my diet. You can still cut up nice with these foods and take care of the whole sugar thing. Good luck with that bro.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Beenie had a good point. There are many forms of sugar in fruit that you can injest and bananas are loaded with them.
    IC

Nico is offline Associate Member
    Gymnut, sorry to hear about this. Try eating bananas, before and after workout. The potassiom helps with vascularity( I read this somewhere and it has been working for me). Good luck bro.

Thanks guys for the replys , I now test my blood sugar level in the morning and in the evening ,got it under control and feel great now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kromo50 is offline Junior Member
    sorry to hear that man hope u do better

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Gymnut.... sorry to hear that !

Just curious have you ever used slin in the past?

DATY Fanatic is offline Junior Member
    Gymnut - my girlfriend has the same problem. Although adjusting the diet and eating frequently works well for her, she also keeps a bottle of glucose pills on hand just in case. The pills actually taste pretty damn good (Grape Chewables) and they will bring you back from the brink fast. Sounds like you bust ass regularly in the gym. Buy the pills, put some in your pocket the next time you go to the gym. Don't eat them like candy...they are simply your fall back protection.

Thread Information