Pembo is offline Junior Member

Can't get full of this meal anyone any suggestions?

A staple meal for me is:
    Brown rice
    Tuna
    Brocoli
    Cauliflour
    Carrotts
    Peas
    Olive oil.

Each portion comes to 500kcals and i eat every 3 hours. It leaves me feeling hungry is there anything I could add to make it more filling without incresing the the kcals drastically?

I eat porridge 2 times a day and this fills me up but I need the above for work as I cannot make porridge at work.

I am bulking at the moment am am eating around 3,300kcals a day. I am age 21, 180lbs, 6ft. Do you think I need more Kcals to build. I am not using AAS.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    up calories to 4000

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Pembo. . .

I would be so hungry on your diet I cannot tell you. It would be extremely difficult to build on your diet because it sounds as though you are not taking in enough protien. To me, it sounds like a runner's diet, high in carb, low in protien.

Protien generally takes longer for your body to digest and will alleviate much of your hunger I would bet. So based on what you are already eating, up the tuna, and also try (non-breaded) baked or broiled salmon, lox, skinless roast chiken, and even low fat steak. Moderate your portions, because your carb count sounds high to me, so I think you will need to make sure your fat intake is pretty low.

I'm on about a 30% protein, 50-55% carbs, 15-20% fat. Do you not think 4000 calories is too much. My boby needs about 2,900 a day so at the moment I am having a 400kcal excess a day, should it be more? remember I'm not taking AAS. However I train hard and do want to get bigger so if 4,000 is needed I will do that.

Sorry forgot to mention I ensure that I have 40g protein every 3 hours by protein shake with porridge and tuna with the rice meal. I also have a shake before I go to bed. Sorry for leaving those deatils out.

do you think bcause im training heavier that I am feeling hungry easier. Should I up the kcals to 4,000 a ady instead of 3,300 (no AAS remember).

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I am not sure how many calories you need on that type of diet, but I am sure there are several members here that do. I am also sure they will respond in turn.

For building I still think that your protien intake sounds low. Again I am not sure how others eat, but I take in lots of protien and I think that will be the dietary key to building. Try adding a low carb protien drink to two of your meals and see if it helps your progress.

I have a friend in Thailand to whom I recently sent a couple bottles of protien drink. H wrote me and told me that he gained 7 lbs in six weeks, no added fat, with the only difference higher protien intake. Like you, he does not take AS.

Cheers Beenie, hopefully some other members will let me know if I should increase Kcal as well as protein intake.

williampowers is offline Junior Member
    Here is a website I came across on Bodybuilding and found it helpful for cutting up. The entire article is great so give a look over I hope it helps
    http://www.hussman.org/fitness/bmrcalc.htm
    Foolw the steps and it will give a range of calories needed for cutting as well as BULKING

Thread Information