Thread: salmon

rexkishi is offline New Member

salmon

lately i have been on a lean diet with high protein, my question is i have been eating alot of tuna chicken and salmon. i heard salmon is a bodybuilders food but it is also fatty should i keep eating it for my cutting phase?

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    yes, salmon is full of EFA's. It is a great source of healthy fats. Try Orange roughy as well.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Salmon, Salmon, Salmon
    Eat it every day if you can
    Poached salmon with a reduction sauce is the bomb. Put a side of grilled squash, mashed sweet potatoes, some asparagus. and you got yourself a taste of heaven. If you feel like cheating just a little bit, you could whip up some hollandaise for your asparagus.
    I cook that at home at least once a week

margo is offline Female Member
    Just wanted to bring this question up again because Iīve been eating alot of salmon these days.... you think itīs okay if you are trying to stay lean and eat healthy?
    Margo
    Train hard - Eat smart

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by margo
    Just wanted to bring this question up again because Iīve been eating alot of salmon these days.... you think itīs okay if you are trying to stay lean and eat healthy?
    Margo
    Salmon is a perfect choice for that! Wish i could eat it more often!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Salmon is a great protien source, however I am assuming you are not talking about eating fresh salmon but the canned variety. I dunno about the fresh stuff but the canned stuff is pretty high in fat. I would eat it when it fits in with your diet macronutrient wise.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Salmon. imo, smokes tuna (taste wise) hands down. As far as protein per pound I think Tuna has the edge. For bulking or cutting it should be on the menu for anyone.

I'll cook enough for dinner and normally I'll cook enough to eat the next morning as well. But for me it has to be fresh or frozen, I don't like the canned type. Again just my opinion.

margo is offline Female Member
    Iīve been eating fresh salmon and it is so so so good, Iīm just hooked. I havenīt found canned salmon!
    Margo
    Train hard - Eat smart

Yung Wun is offline Member
    you dont need canned salmon you gott the porche of salomon why downgrade to a oldsmobile

Kato is offline Member
    Love salmon. Check it out. My moms told me I could microwave it w/ the same quality as any other cooking method. All you have to do is let it thaw. Set on plate. Put a plastic microwave cover over the plate and fish. Cook till desired. I usaually cook 1# for about 7 minutes. Fast, easy, and easy clean up. Great taste also!!!

If you want another ok canned fish for quick snacks, check out canned boneless herring.

My grocery has 100g cans @ 18g prot and they got plain and seasoned stuff. Seasoned stuff with hot sauce really kicks tunas ass taste wise... of course nothing beats tuna protein wise.

And it's pretty cheap too

If only tuna didnt taste like a silverback gorillas ass...

Red

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    I love salmon steak fully cooked and then blackened with grilled asparagus

Thread Information