J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone ever tried a catabolic diet + High Protien?

Eating just fruits, drinking apple cider and still using just chicken Breast, tuna, Beef, Turkey, and Pork.

I've not tried it yet, but it might just be my next diet.

I'm not very fimiliar w/ the catabolic diets, in the sense on how much to consume.

Any feed back?

jbrand is offline Member

Re: Anyone ever tried a catabolic diet + High Protien?

Originally posted by J-Dogg
    Eating just fruits, drinking apple cider and still using just chicken Breast, tuna, Beef, Turkey, and Pork.

I've not tried it yet, but it might just be my next diet.

I'm not very fimiliar w/ the catabolic diets, in the sense on how much to consume.

Any feed back?
    Why would you ever want to try a diet called a "catabolic" diet? It sounds a little reckless to me.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    ca·tab·o·lism n.
    The metabolic breakdown of complex molecules into simpler ones, often resulting in a release of energy.

So catabolic can refer to the breakdown of any molecule--like fat or muscle, so I assume he means fat jbrand...

When I diet I always lower fats first, then carbs--and I try to keep protien high all the time.

Any time you are losing fat you can also lose some muscle--it's a risk we take!

More details about you: stats, goals, etc., are you dieting natural or on an AS cycle for cutting? That makes giving advice easier...

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by Ajax
    ca·tab·o·lism n.
    The metabolic breakdown of complex molecules into simpler ones, often resulting in a release of energy.

So catabolic can refer to the breakdown of any molecule--like fat or muscle, so I assume he means fat jbrand...
    The release of energy is just an end product of carbon dioxide, water, and ammonia. Think about it, anabolic is the exact opposite process, which requires such energy to form larger molecules and in turn is muscle sparing. IMO fat loss while sparing muscle can and should be done in times of dieting -- it just struck me as kind of weird that anybody would label a specific diet as "catabolic".

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm talking about the all fruit/veggie diet unless your wondering guys :/

Thread Information