iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator

how much milk................

how much milk do you drink per day on average? im curious because i think this has something to do with me not being able to achieve the body fat percentage i want. im also a little worried because milk is filled with all kinds of hormones we dont need. i mix all four of my daily protein drinks with fat free milk, but i dont think the fat free part is legitimately helping me..........

any thoughts?
    btw- ajax, is this subject line ok bro?............

peace bb79

4plates is offline Banned
    im not a big milk drinker bro,the only milk i use is a very small drop in my coffee.
    i use water to make my protien drinks

btw you would probably get more responces if you changed your subject line to "how much milk do you drink daily"
    j/k ajax we love ya

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    You're probably going to get shit for posting this in the steroid forum now.

I'll move it so no one will yell. BTW...Haven't had a glass of milk in probably a year. I mean, if you're bulkinf, by all means, but the lactose causes basically everyone to hold some water...some more than others.

papa,
    sorry bro, wasnt thinking about where i should post it. thanks for watchin my back........
    i used to mix all the protein with water, but i just couldnt take the taste. i did end up switching to milk while i was on a bulking cycle, but i just kept doing it after my cycle was over. maybe ive been making a huge mistake.

peace bb79

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    BB79
    I will add my 2 cents, i think you answered the question yourself by saying milk has all kinds of hormones in it and all i drink is a cup(skimmed milk) and that is added to my oatmeal everyday just take make it a little easier to eat. I do believe that it makes your skin a bit puffy.

LiftHeavy is offline Junior Member
    same here....I have to use milk in my protein.....without it...shake tastes like shit.......i drink close to a gallon every 3 days....curious to see good/bad milk is too....

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Just my opinion but I think you are on to something. Fat Free milk is my favorite and I probably drink a gallon every 4 days just with protien and some high fiber cereal. I think it does keep the body fat % up somewhat. It may be fat free but there is a boat load of sugar that will tend to become fat. I actually cut back about 8oz a day. I can't see cutting out any more, imagine having cereal with water. I guess if I wanted the fiber I could take a fiber con tablet with water but I also want the whole grains.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Drop the milk if you want to be leaner. Water tastes shitty in protein shakes if you follow the recomended serving. Don't put alot of water in it- it taste like shit when it's watered down. I put about as much water as I do powder, it makes for a thicker better tasting shake. The only dairy I have a problem ditching is cottage cheese- I love it and it's good before bed in keeping you fueled throughout the night, I'm working on ditching it though for reason's of high sugar, sodium. I got some Night Formula from the Protein factory, hopefully this can replace my cottage cheese habbit.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by scottp999
    I can't see cutting out any more, imagine having cereal with water. I guess if I wanted the fiber I could take a fiber con tablet with water but I also want the whole grains.
    Cereal , unless whole grain isn't even that good for ya either. But if you're going to do the cereal shin dig. Use a protein shake using SOLID'S instructions (less water, more powder) as your milk. I do it post workout with Coco Puffs once in a while....mmmm...Irontek Vanilla Cake w/ Coco puffs..

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Havn't had milk since I started working out.
    Water in the shakes
    Water in the oatmeal
    Water, Water, Water

Originally posted by scottp999
    It may be fat free but there is a boat load of sugar that will tend to become fat.

this is something else i forgot about as well. thanks again for all the responses, they are appreciated.

diesel, im kinda in your boat bro. im not ever going to compete, or even think about walking on a stage, so wtf.......why not? i like the shakes with milk much better, and there is the extra protein to think about as well. im not real sure what im going to do in the future, but for now, i think im going to keep on drinking it.......any other thoughts?

peace bb79

bb79 like you said who cares if your not going to compete, drink the milk, but if you are wanting to lose some extra flab- cut out dairy. If your not worried enjoy the milk bro- it sure does taste alot better, and it does have it's benefits, it is a great source of vitamins and protein.

MOOOO

MOOOOO.........

I LIKE THAT BRO...............hehe.
    seriously......all dairy products?

peace bb79

if your are strict dieting eliminate all dairy products, if not then- eat em and don't worry bout it. I have a hard time ditching cottage cheese, it's kinda like my ice cream, it's alot worse than milk though- high sugar, high sodium, but excellent protein source...and great before bed to fuel you through the night.

wild-one is offline Female Member
    I don't drink milk...12 grams of sugar in one glass is insane.

If ya'll want an alternative to milk and water in your shakes, use 3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and 1/2 cup-1 cup of water. It tastes just as good as milk (better imo) w/ no sugar. And the 15 g of fat will satiate you further than 12 grams of sugar will

p.s....that's heavy whipping cream, not whipped cream the dessert! LOL...it comes in a carton, macros per tbsp...50 kcals, 5 g fat, .5 carbs

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Is that saturated fat though? Just curious as I may try it.

Bulking I used to go through about a gallon of milk a day, now I have completely cut it out of my diet and all dairy except for the once weekly cottage cheese before bed.

Originally posted by w8lifter
    I don't drink milk...12 grams of sugar in one glass is insane.

If ya'll want an alternative to milk and water in your shakes, use 3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and 1/2 cup-1 cup of water. It tastes just as good as milk (better imo) w/ no sugar. And the 15 g of fat will satiate you further than 12 grams of sugar will

p.s....that's heavy whipping cream, not whipped cream the dessert! LOL...it comes in a carton, macros per tbsp...50 kcals, 5 g fat, .5 carbs

Kizer it is what Arnold recomends putting in a weight gainer shake, when I saw it I was like WTF? Why the hell would you want to add pure heavy cream to a protein shake, I can understand to gain weight, but with all the saturated fat in it- it seems to be an unhealthy way of adding calories to your diet?

Nutrition Facts, Heavy Cream:

Amount Per 1 cup
    Calories 820.58
    Calories from Fat 792.54

% Daily Value *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Fat 88.06g 135%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturated Fat 54.82g 274%

Polyunsaturated Fat 3.27g

Monounsaturated Fat 25.43g

Cholesterol 326.3mg 109%

Sodium 89.49mg 4%

Potassium 179.45mg 5%

Total Carbohydrate 6.64g 2%

Dietary Fiber 0g 0%

Protein 4.88g 10%

Alcohol 0g

Vitamin A 70 % Vitamin C 2 %

Calcium 15 % Iron 0 %

Vitamin D 31 % Vitamin E 3 %

Thiamin 3 % Riboflavin 13 %

Niacin 0 % Folate 2 %

Vitamin B-6 3 % Vitamin B-12 7 %

Phosphorus 15 % Magnesium 4 %

Zinc 4 % Copper

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Thanks bro, I will stick with my water, lol.....hell the shake I have from pf.com has virtually no taste whatsoever so it is no big deal to keep it with water anyway.

You're certainly not going to use a cup of cream in your shake so what you've written there is rather irrelevant! Saturated fat is not bad for you in low insulin space...if you maintain a low carb/slow-burning carb diet, it's fine....I'd be more concerned w/ trans fatty acids than saturated fats.

i dont think im going to go the heavy cream route......that actually sounds pretty disgusting, sorry to the brother who posted it.
    i think on my next cutting cycle, i might try solids suggestion and drop all dairy from the mix, and see if my results get better. for now though, im keeping the moo-moo juice in the diet plan.
    thanks for all the replies, some very good suggestions and ideas have been posted here. if anyone has anything to add, feel free.

peace bb79

Originally posted by barbells79
    i dont think im going to go the heavy cream route......that actually sounds pretty disgusting, sorry to the brother who posted it.
    i think on my next cutting cycle, i might try solids suggestion and drop all dairy from the mix, and see if my results get better. for now though, im keeping the moo-moo juice in the diet plan.
    thanks for all the replies, some very good suggestions and ideas have been posted here. if anyone has anything to add, feel free.

peace bb79
    Have you ever tasted strawberries and cream?...It rocks!

Anyway, I'm a sister (I thought ya could tell by the pic )

who is that in that pic- it looks like my X-girlfriend?

Pembo is offline Junior Member
    Small amounts of saturated fats arn't bad because they increases cholesterol production which some of is turned into androgen steriods . Just a passing point not trying to advocate eating a lot of them but using them in a shake as the sister points out may be a good move as long as you subtract the fat intake in the shake from the rest of the days fat.

Great reason to eat steak.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    That is W8lifter's photo in her avatar.

Milk is for babies, beer is for men. I don't drink it, and don't miss it. Water in my protein shakes tastes okay. Sometimes I use soy milk.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

Thats my excuse anyway

"Milk is for babies" that is the greatest quote- everytime I hear it - it makes me laugh.

Have you seen Pumping iron?

oh yeah and w8lifter- your hot babe. I swear you look just like my old girlfriend.
    Last edited by Iwan2bsolid2; 06-04-2002 at 12:53 PM.

Never seen it but agree with the statement. If i drink milk i get spots on my back from the lactose. Never a good look so all dairy is off my list. Bummer when it comes to cream cakes

Originally posted by w8lifter

Have you ever tasted strawberries and cream?...It rocks!

Anyway, I'm a sister (I thought ya could tell by the pic )

im very sorry maam, my mistake. a lot of the brothers on here use pics of women in their avatars, and i made the mistake of assuming you were a bro. if your suggestion tastes like strawberries and cream, then im definitely willing to try it.........

once again, my apologies for the error.

peace bb79

LOL..that's okay, not a problem

Thread Information