Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Splenda- The No Calorie Sugar Substitute.

HMMM. Deceiving little packet's arn't they. They say no calorie's but the only ingredient's in the shit is Dextrose, Maltodextrin, and sucralose. HMMM> we are all familiar we these ingredients arn't we? Now how can they say no calorie's? And for carbs it says less than 1g, same with sugar, so let me say HMMMM> are they trying to deceive us? How much sugar is really in those, how many carbs .99999mg? If you use enough of these little packet's in a day they can add up quickly.

SOLID

xenithon is offline Member
    its quite confusin bro -got me too. dont mistake 'no calorie' for 'no sugar'. in most, like equal, its about .7g carbs per sachet. i use equal - maybe 3-4 packs a day. imho that 2.1 carbs wont do squat i think the only ones to look out for are those aiemd at being sugar free and use like pure fructose instead - splenda and all those are fine (unless u use like 20 packs a day )

[splenda and all those are fine (unless u use like 20 packs a day ) [/B][/QUOTE]

^^^SOMETIMES...actually probably alot.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    shit, when i was bulking i went to the feed store and got meself one of those splendas where you just pour it out of the carton.

I got both on hand at all times P.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Splenda is the best tasting substitute IMO.

You know they had some chemist trying to get the carbs down to .99999999999 so they could say less than one. I don't think they could lie about the sugar. Could you imagine the law suits from people with Diabetes

Originally posted by RON
    Splenda is the best tasting substitute IMO.

You know they had some chemist trying to get the carbs down to .99999999999 so they could say less than one.

YUP

I don't think they could lie about the sugar. Could you imagine the law suits from people with Diabetes
    that's what I don't understand, maltodextrin and dextrose are sugar and that's the ingredient's so WTF?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    This is right from the Web site:

Can people with diabetes use SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener?
    Yes. Numerous studies have shown that SPLENDAŽ Brand Sweetener, or sucralose, is suitable for people with diabetes. Sucralose is not recognized by the body as sugar or as a carbohydrate. It is not metabolized by the body and does not affect blood glucose levels. Sucralose has no effect on carbohydrate metabolism or insulin secretion. Foods and beverages sweetened with SPLENDAŽ Brand Sweetener can provide good-tasting, lower-calorie alternatives for people with diabetes who are interested in reducing their calorie or sugar intake. As always, people with diabetes should consult their doctors or diabetes healthcare professionals for advice on an individualized dietary plan.

How is sucralose handled by the body?
    Although sucralose is made from sugar, the body does not recognize it as sugar or a carbohydrate. It is not metabolized by the body, so it is calorie-free.

What is SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener?
    SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener contains sucralose (SPLENDAŽ Brand Sweetener), the no calorie sweetener made from sugar, so it tastes like sugar, with no unpleasant aftertaste. SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener can be used virtually anywhere sugar is used. It can also be used in cooking and baking in a variety of recipes. Like many no and low calorie sweeteners, SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener also contains a very small amount of the common food ingredients, dextrose and/or maltodextrin, for volume. Because the amount of these ingredients is so small, SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener still has an insignificant calorie value per serving and meets FDA's standards for "no calorie" sweeteners.

SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener comes in two forms for consumers, granular and packet. The granular form of SPLENDA Ž No Calorie Sweetener measures and pours just like sugar. SPLENDAŽ Packets provide a convenient way to add sweetness without guilt!

How is SPLENDAŽ Brand Sweetener made?
    SPLENDAŽ is the brand name for the ingredient sucralose. It is made by a patented multi-step process that starts with cane sugar and converts it to a no calorie, non-carbohydrate sweetener.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Sucralose, the main ingrediatient in Spenda chemically adds an extra molecule to sucrose (sugar) rendering it undigestible. It tastes great. If you have a lkot of it it has a laxitive effect.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    That stuff goes on my oatmeal every day. I use equal for coffee tho...duno why...I gotta use too much Splenda to make it taste right.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I just love the stuff.

I bought the granular and my oatmeal never misses it =P
    I use it in everything. was kinda shocking to find something that we can have and no pretending its good hahaha

letmein is offline Associate Member
    Does it cause water retention like equal during contest prep dieting? I had to drop equal last week and would love an alternative.

I'm not sure bro, didn't know that Equal could do such a thing.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    equal makes you retain water? are you sure?

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Ron has a good point. It seems to me that one would have to be insane to put out a product that calims to be sugar free knowing that innoccent dibetics may injest the stuff. I personnly use both Splenda and Equal ( Although without sounding to hypacritical I just happen to be out of both annnnnd just happen to have a cup of coffee right now with maybe just a little of the good stuff in it) Ok now that I have that off my concious I feel better.
    IC

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Maltodextrin and sucralose is what spenda is made up of. Now equal and neutrasweet have side effects in certain people with a rare condition.

Search for it sometime, its a raging debate. each side says they are right.but you would already know if you had it, some of the sides are extreme.

me personally, im just happy that there is a sub that doesnt take terrible. hehe

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    From what I understand they make the molecule chlorinated. That is why the bad rep, why would you eat something chlorinated? I have used the stuff, tastes great.

BIG R is offline Member
    Maltodextrine and Dextrine are excellent for post carb workout meals and drinks. In fact almost all of the drinks made by the muscle dealers use these sugars because they are readily digestible and do not get stored in the liver but go straight to the muscle!!!!

Splenda........Hell Yeah!

Peace,
    Big R

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    kudos to scottp999...splenda is chlorinated sugar. The chlorination inhibits its docking in the insulin binding pocket. This prevents it from being used as sugar. Then it is just metabolised out of the body.

No as far as being bad for you, many chlorinated things are used everyday without negative effect. Table salt has chlorine (sodium chloride). yes many bad things have chlorine...dioxins, hypochlorite, CFC's... but good things too, salt, chlorinated water, to name a few.

Thread Information