Thread: hmm no carbs?

VitaminT2 is offline Associate Member

hmm no carbs?

aight ive been trying to do the no carbs diet, well i dont allow myself to have over 150grams a day, well ive been tryin it. Problem is i alwayz end up craving carbs and eating them. Is there a easier way, im trying to sread up the quickest way possible and its not working becuz i alway end up eating the carbs. I think its becuz carbs are everywhere and its such a struggle to eat just protein and fat when there is soo much carbs everywhere. i just need to get over this hump but i need help

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    What are your stats and goals, bro? What does your diet look like?

VitaminT2 is offline Associate Member
    im 6'4 260 offseason for football, im about 17%bf and i want to get to about 13% as fast as i can. ive been tryin to stay away from the carbs. i usally get up and do some cardio in the morn usally walking for 10minutes sprinting for 30 minutes and walking back to the house. my diet isnt that structured, just basically stay away from carbs and eat as much protein as possible, which means usally atleast 2-3 50gram protein shakes, eggs, tuna, hamburgers and chicken. but then i have those cravings and i just let go and eat fries and a shake u know

AnabolLecter75 is offline Junior Member
    I've been low carb dieting on and off for about 6 months now.....love the results but I had the same problem with the cravings. I found the best way to curb them was with stuff like gum or sugar free jello. Also try some of the Atkins products, they are low carb and just give you the taste you're looking for. All in all, stick with it 'cause the fat loss is worth it.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    What kind of Carbs are you eating???

That can have a very big influance on your cravings...XXL

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Some carbs are good to have.

If you keep your carbs low 24/7 dont you have problems burning muscle along with fat? basically become a smaller version of yourself?

i keep hearing this is the case, but i havent found anything solid about it.
    heh figured go ask the buffed guys.. who the hell else would know :P

wild-one is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    Some carbs are good to have.

If you keep your carbs low 24/7 dont you have problems burning muscle along with fat? basically become a smaller version of yourself?

i keep hearing this is the case, but i havent found anything solid about it.
    heh figured go ask the buffed guys.. who the hell else would know :P
    No....assuming you are eating the proper amt of calories, if you keep your protein high, use fats for fuel and stay away from sugar/high GI carbs will not not just become a smaller version of yourself. That physique is attained by dropping calories and not manipulating your macros. You can't just keep your carbs low and eat high protein...you've got to add the fat for energy, so your body oxidizes your fat stores.

You will crave carbs as long as you are eating sugar. Sugar fuks w/ your insulin levels and blood glucose and you'll crave carbs. That 150g of carbs you're having should be fine assuming it's slow-burning carbs such as oats, sweet potato & brown rice and green veggies.

Cut the sugar, cut the cravings.

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Oh man, this is prob gonna sound like the dumbest hting to freakn say. but ok here goes. My cousin did a diet where you have n o carbs or sugars thought out the day. Nohting. Then you are alooowed one meal at night, where for an hour you can eat anything you want. lol drinki whatever. but you must do it an hour. It has somehting to do with the lactic acides that release in ur body when you eat. he would go nuts during the week, cause being indian all our meals have osme bread in it. Weather rice or pita bread, we were born and raised liek that. So whatr happens is once during the weak he goes nut. liek ususally a sat. I mean it is working. he is loosing wieght. But he doen't lift. Every now and then cardio. thats about it.

What i do is i try and have a few carbs every meal. like say i gotta have a chicken parm or somehting. i rip of the top half of the roll. yah know. have only like a slice of breaad. I dunno if that helps but thats what i do. it works

w8lifter:

Thanks for the great reply

Thinking of eating fats, do you know of any FAQ's or posts about how much fat to eat and what kind?

I had all this info but somehow i deleted it all or something

Darkknight442:

Wow that is a strange diet. Do you happen to know the name?
    I would love to read more about this, it sounds really really terrible for you.

How does he feel on it? Heh i couldnt handle atkins for more than 3 months before i just couldnt do it any longer.

Ill take a smart diet and resistance training any day over no carbs and sitting on my ass like before.

thanks everyone, as usual , yall rock
    Last edited by Buddha_Red; 06-14-2002 at 03:38 PM.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Darkknight442
    Oh man, this is prob gonna sound like the dumbest hting to freakn say. but ok here goes. My cousin did a diet where you have n o carbs or sugars thought out the day. Nohting. Then you are alooowed one meal at night, where for an hour you can eat anything you want. lol drinki whatever. but you must do it an hour.
    I know I can tear the hell out of a chinese buffet in an hour ...General Tso's chicken, egg rolls, and low mein...I don't think I would lose any weight on that diet...LOL They would kick me out of the place and tell me, "You come here no more!"

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    If your having carb cravings stay the fu@# awak from diet coke/pepsi, or any diet soda for that matter. In my experience it just increases the cravings, and this is a bad thing, because when you do cheat you will prolly CHEAT BIG!!!

Sugarfree geletin is the shit, The stuff i get is 5 carories per serving(4 cals from protein) <1g carbs.
    I went balls out and bought 100 of these bad boys. I make 2 a night for my nighttime cheat snacks. It seems to work. By morning time.. no jello left and i get to eat my breakfast.
    If you have to cheat use this to cheat with. You might say "Well if i eat that then im not cheating."
    EXACTLY

I also hear that diet soda can cause an insulin spike when in Ketosis, as well as caffine, i don't know how true this is so if anybody has some solid info i would like to hear(read) it.

Im taking an eca stack, and i start my keto "AGAIN" on Sunday. So i would like to know a little about caffine and keto, i have not been able to find any solid info.

Peace out
    Last edited by BigMike J; 06-14-2002 at 04:21 PM.

wild-one is offline Female Member
    I can post more later, I'm heading out of town in a minute...I'll be back w/ better info tomorrow

The good fats.(body needs essential fatty acids, EFA)(includes information on EFA sources and EFA supplements)
    Author/s: Andrea Mather
    Issue: July, 1998

Your body's billions of cells need essential fatty acids.

Q What are essential fatty acids and what foods are they in?

-- J. Schell, New Orleans, La.

First, it's important to know that saturated fat's bad rap as an artery-clogging precursor to heart disease and stroke does not apply to essential fatty acids (EFAs). This collection of "good" polyunsaturated fats are actually vital to body function. "Without EFAs, our bodies run out of the building blocks our cells require to maintain peak function," says Michael Schmidt, a research scientist at the Functional Medicine Research Center in Gig Harbor, Wash., and author of Smart Fats: How Dietary fats and Oils Affect mental, Physical and Emotional Intelligence (Frog Ltd., 1997).

EFAs include both omega-6 (linoleic) and omega-3 (alpha-linoleic) fatty acids. Together they're used to create prostaglandins, the hormone-like chemical messengers responsible for regulating blood pressure, oxygen transport and pain and inflammation. But EFAs primary function is to maintain the liquid barrier surrounding each cell, known as the cell membrane, and to transport waste and nutrients (amino acids, hormones, minerals, vitamins and water) in and out of cells. "The lining of every cell in the body is made of fat," explains Ray Sahelein, M.D., author of HTP: Nature's Serotonin Solution (Avery Publishing, 1998). "In order for cell to communicate with each other, the membrane needs to be fluid. Hence, our need for polyunsaturated fats, such as the EFAs which are fluid, as opposed to saturated fats, the hard fats, which are not fluid."

Given their role in cell activity, EFAs have a profound influence on brain function as well as the cadiovascular, inflammatory and immune systems. Without EFAs, our risk of heart disease, cancer and stroke increases, according to Michael T. Murray, N.D., and Jade Beutler, R.R.T., R.C.P., authors of Understanding Fats and Oils: Your Guide to Healing with Essential fatty Acids (Progressive health Publishing, 1996). A host of additional ailments--skin problems, depression, learning disabilities and even diabetes--also can be traced to low levels of EFAs, says Schmidt.

The body naturally makes dozens of fatty acids, but it can't manufacture the EFAs. These must come from food sources. Unfortunately, about 80 percent of Americans aren't meeting their EFA requirements, according to Murray and Beutler. The reason? The standard Western diet, which is loaded with processed foods and delivers many more omega-6s than omega-3s. A balance between the two (generally, a 1:1 ratio) is absolutely critical for efficient prostaglandin production.

To get a proper mix of omega-6s and omega-3s, start by trading processed foods for whole foods. Good vegetarian sources that deliver the right amounts of both fatty acids include legumes, nuts, seeds, dark leafy greens and flaxseed oil, considered a mother lode of EFAs (see 7 Ways to Eat Your EFAs, p. 108). Simply add one to three teaspoons of flaxseed oil a day to your meals. For instance, Susan M. Lark, M.D., author of Women's Health Companion: Self-Help Nutrition Guide and Cookbook (Celestial Arts, 1995), uses flaxseed oil in place of butter on mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables and bread.

RELATED ARTICLE: 7 Ways to Eat Your EFAs

Getting more of these vital nutrients into your diet isn't difficult; just follow these tips:

1 Mix up a salad dressing with flaxseed oil.

2 Snack on walnuts, almonds, cashews, brazil and pistachio nuts, as well as sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

3 Help yourself to an extra serving of dark green leafy vegetables.

4 Swap your regular cereal for a flaxseed cereal instead.

5 Grind up flaxseeds and sprinkle then on your salad and baked potatoes.

6 Buy flaxmeal and stir into smoothies and other beverages.

7 Replace the oil in your favorite dip with flaxseed oil.

RELATED ARTICLE: Buying and Using EFA Supplements

You'll find EFAs in natural food stores. Here are a few hints for smart buying.

Head for the refrigerated section. Oil supplements, like flaxseed, need to be kept cold to keep them from going rancid. Store your bottle in the refrigerator when you get home and never heat.

Look for cold-pressed oils. This process avoids high temperatures and eliminates exposure to light and oxygen to preserve the oils integrity. Choose one in a dark plastic bottle, which also prevent light damage.

Check the use-by date. Avoid bottles nearing their expiration dates. At home, note the supplement's use-by date on your calendar.

The good fats

Don't just cut out carbs: cut out any saturated fats and drink plenty of water. No sodas, not even diet! A high protein meal with low carbs and unsaturated fats, and a glass of water will do the body good.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by BigMike J
    If your having carb cravings stay the fu@# awak from diet coke/pepsi, or any diet soda for that matter. In my experience it just increases the cravings, and this is a bad thing, because when you do cheat you will prolly CHEAT BIG!!!

Sugarfree geletin is the shit, The stuff i get is 5 carories per serving(4 cals from protein) <1g carbs.
    I went balls out and bought 100 of these bad boys. I make 2 a night for my nighttime cheat snacks. It seems to work. By morning time.. no jello left and i get to eat my breakfast.
    If you have to cheat use this to cheat with. You might say "Well if i eat that then im not cheating."
    EXACTLY

I also hear that diet soda can cause an insulin spike when in Ketosis, as well as caffine, i don't know how true this is so if anybody has some solid info i would like to hear(read) it.

Im taking an eca stack, and i start my keto "AGAIN" on Sunday. So i

would like to know a little about caffine and keto, i have not been able to find any solid info.

Peace out
    i doubt it bro.......i mean alot of people say eca is good for keto diets......how cn a eca make you actually gain more fat?.....i have been on a keto for like 6 weeks and i really hope that is nottrue......does anyone know if that is true bout eca and keto diets? what can cause insulin spikes on keto diets?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    That eat-once-a-day-anything-you-want diet is called Animalbolics or the Warrior diet. Apparently, you go through mass periods of starvation to over-consumption if toys with your body and during the mass periods of starvation, you get a longer fat burning day cycle and you're supposed to work out before you pig out and your body absorbs almost all the good in the food rejected the shit it doesn't want. Yowsers. A buddy of mine is trying it and he loves it. But he eats healthy and loads up all the carbs and proteins in the meal, having it a solid solid solid buffet. His average is almost 200 g protein/300 g carb/ 100 g fat and he's convinced he's getting more and more cut on it, haven't seen him lately so can't say for myself.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh yeah, this sounds weird, but when on a low-carb diet and you want the most out of your post-workout meal, try taking 20g sugar with 30g protein *tuna, chicken, shake, etc*. Apparently, recent studies done by UNLV have found that the diminshed glucose levels in the body appreciate the sugar and it helps store the protein in the muscle. I'd suggest just eating a pack and a half of sugar that you get from a Denny's or something. Yowsers.

ronnie on the anabolic diet your only supposed to eat 30 carbs max a day for 5 days and you cheta saturday and sunday eat carbs and shyt and you just go back on the diet for 5 days and so on

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    low carbing is a crash diet and i dont believe in it,stick with a 40%protein 40%carbs and 20%fats diet and you'll end up happy, consistancy is the key

Originally posted by st82hellnbak
    low carbing is a crash diet and i dont believe in it,stick with a 40%protein 40%carbs and 20%fats diet and you'll end up happy, consistancy is the key
    well the anabolic diet tells you to eat as many calories as you need......people cn eat around 4000 or 5000 if they need to ......its not a crash diet ........you just eat enough fat and protein and muscle will grow and fat will burnof you bro...the weekeeds are free for whateva you want.........seems good to try ....plus think no more cutting and bulking

I wish it was that easy for me. no way in hell i can pull that one off

i cheat one day but still have my caloric limits in place. its normally a snickers bar and a spirte.

i eat max 2100 a day but i have been avg 1800-1900 a day. Im still gaining LBM and dropping fat bigtime so im sticking with it heh

1 meat, 2 green veggies and a truck load of water

buhda your a pimp =) cant wait till your ripped lol my cheat day i wish i could eat so little ......eat icecream,panutbutter,cerial and pasta

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, no kidding, I eat a ton of chit on my cheat day...Krispy Kreme, Sonic, Taco Bell, ice cream...I eat everything I can get my hands on! Don't think I could just do a Snickers and Sprite...LOL

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i have done that one one hour per day eat what you want diet its from a book called the carbohydrate addicts or something total bullshit I can take in easily 500g carbs in an hr with ice cream to top it off!!

peace

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    hahahah yeah Jay thats what it is. You have to take a test to see if your a carb addict. or osme shit. He is off it now. He lost like 5 pounds the first week, then it sorta plateaued. And he would carb load too many times. lol, i mean we both love out carbs. i am a little bit better at keeping myself under wraps. Damn it for lunhc i am aching for a chicken parm, buyt ther eis a gyro with my name on it. what do you think?

COMPLEX CARBS

Thread Information