Pembo is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Farting when bulking, who has this problem?

Farting is caused by gas production in the large intestines. The gas is caused by bacteria interacting with starches that haven't been broken down properly to glucose for absorption in the small intestines. There are several reason why starches aren't broken down properly.

1. Not chewing starches fully leads to a lack of surface area for the digestive enzymes to breakdown the starches bonds. Hence to decrease gas production chew food a lot.

2. By swallowing food to quickly means that salivary amalyse (in the mouth) doesn't have enough time to start to breakdown the starch. Hence leave food in mouth for longer.

3. By eating large meals you speed up gastric emptying (food leaving the stomach) whch increases peristalsis (movement of food down the small intestine) of the small intestines and therefore pancreatic amalyse has less time to breakdown starch. Hence eat smaller meals more regurlary.

Usually a combination of all three leads to excessive gas production so by taking time to chew properly and eating smaller meals more regularly you will produce less gas.

The reason why you do not fart no where near as much when you are on a carb restricted diet or keto diet is beacause there is no overload of large starch carbohydrates.

I find it socially difficult when i am bulking because no matter how much you chew you still fart a lot beacause of the shear number of complex carbs you have to eat. ALTHOUH IT CAN ALSO BE THE SOURCE OF SOME AMUSEMENT WHEN IN A CLOSED SPACE WITH FRIENDS!!! (sick or not?)

Has anyone else noticed a lack of farting on a low carb or keto diet?

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    No, but I have more gas than you can imagine when bulking up

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    You should smell my houshold Bro.........can you say shithouse....the walls are brown now and i am pretty sure they were white when we moved in............XXL

dern180 is offline Member
    I got the same prob right now. I been farting up a storm. And shiting like a mad man. Today the frist day that i have not been farting or craping loads.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not allowed to wlak anywhere near an open flame. The pain in the ass part is when you are out with a girl or sleeping with a new girl and you atay up all night trying to hold back the gas. I don't mind letting Dutch Oven, but not when the girl is new.

plornive is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Butch
    I don't mind letting Dutch Oven, but not when the girl is new.
    First french, first fondle, first fuck, first fart??? When do you think is the right time for the first fart?

Newzabra is offline New Member
    it's not a problem, farting still makes me laugh. I'll be 90 years old and on my death bed..if someone rips one i'll manage to chuckle.

Keep on farting, it's free!

ari
    ari is offline Female Member
    Pembo, thank you for posting this! I have this problem when on high protein diet, small meals, but I do eat very fast. Does protein powder 90% contain starches? Protein is killing me!

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by ari
    Pembo, thank you for posting this! I have this problem when on high protein diet, small meals, but I do eat very fast. Does protein powder 90% contain starches? Protein is killing me!
    you may be mildly lactose intolerant, lots of protein powders contain lactose especially mediocre quality whey....that could be the problem.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by plornive
    First french, first fondle, first fuck, first fart??? When do you think is the right time for the first fart?
    Good question! I usually did it whenever it slipped out. You know if you laugh or cough it pops out. Then after that happens it's all fair game.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    BRRRRRRRRRP

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    those after workout protein/carb shakes are a killer (of small animals waist high!)!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    so that is why I didnt fart anything while I was on keto. Damn I missed my killer farts(torturing friends with unholy farts is a blast ). Now when I eat carbs again I slowely se my power returning.

But I also think its a matter of stomach adaption, when I bulked for the first time I fucking farted like hell, I used to clear locker rooms with one of those smelly babys and every time I deadlifted I farted, not so fun when girls in the gym but a nice way to say welcome to tourists
    Not to mention that it was impossible for anyone to enter a toilet I had visited for a solid 15 minutes. Even I could hardly stand that smell, my god.

Nowdays my farts are no where near as smelly or many as they used to be. Maby time for creatin again
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 06-08-2002 at 04:34 PM.

BIG R is offline Member

The Fart Problem

Pembo,

Right after a competition when I start the post-show FEAST.............The AK-47 farts start to arrive. I was with 3 IFBB Fitness Girls at the same table and was leaving quite frequently to relieve the gas pain!!! It was killer and way to embarrasing. I think it is my intestines that freak on the new food introduced. Also, if I fry eggs I get no gas. If I boil eggs I kill everyone in the house. NASTY.

BIG R.

voodoo12 is offline New Member
    if farting excessively make sure you put some distance between you and gas appliances when lighting up

Thread Information