Apocalypse is offline New Member

What do you eat before and after cardio workout?

I`m starting cutting diet and I`m going to do cardio every other day (first day gym, second cardio etc. sunday day off). I`m curious what do you eat before and after cardio workout and how much? Please tell also when do you do your cardio? Before breakfast, after normal workout with weights or on days without working out at the gym? How long does your cardio workout last? Thanks.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    why are your apostrophies backwords?
    Do cardio in the morning on empty stomach, you can take some Glutamine or amino's before you begin...to help prevent catabolism.
    But I don't.
    Then eat you breakfast when you get home. Easy as that.
    I eat eggs and oatmeal. you can too.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    I do cardio 3x week for 75 min, it's an outdoor boot camp class at 6am. It is very intense, and there is no way I can eat anything before hand. Usually I try to eat something right after, but mostly I have to wait at least 30 minutes.

Even if I am doing something less strenuous, cardio is best on an empty stomach.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

livnnfit is offline Female Member
    I have 5gm of glutamine before my morning cardio session then breaksfast afterwards. At night I have a protein shake with glutamine right after my cardio.
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" www.tracystar.com

Pembo is offline Junior Member
    No point in taking protein and glutamine together because the glutamine recptors in the small intestine are taken up by amino acids from the protein hence it doesn't get absorbed. Take glutamine at least 30 mins before protien to allow for absobtion. Glutamine is to expensive to waste like that.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I have a beer with two raw eggs, tomato juice and tabasco sauce mixed in at 6am before running.

Just kidding bro, when I do cardio it's either early morning or immediately after lifting. In both instances I have an empty stomach. I usually wait 30-40 minutes after finishing to eat solid food.

nymattyk is offline Member
    Originally posted by Pete235
    I have a beer with two raw eggs, tomato juice and tabasco sauce mixed in at 6am before running.
    for a minute there i thought you were serious.....

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    yo pete, i thought you was serious as well,being that beer has glucose/dextrose and tomato and tobasco has antioxidants.shit dude throw in 40 grams of protein and you have one hell of a post workout meal

Thread Information