Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Okay can anyone explain to me WTF is going on

3 weeks ago I followed a strickt keto diet no cheating(except on my cheat days) and cardio 1-2 times a day and 4 balls to the wall powerlifting sessions. And I didnt drop shit in weight, I had my kcal as low as 1700kcal/day some days.

But then I decided fuck this, I want to eat like a normal human beeing again. So now I am eating aroun 220-300g/carbsa day and my kcal/day is everywhere betwen 1900-2500kcal/day. And I am still getting leaner, And this morning I noticed that I have started to drop weight again. It also looks like I have put some extra meat on my arms and cheast.

How can I lose more fat while eating sloppy then when I ate nice and clean?
    Did my body addapt to get 1800kcal/day when I was ketoing?? and now when my kcal variates so much my body cant keep upp and is forced to lose fat??

Whatever it is I like it because now I can enjoy summer, dont have to worry about cardio and still get leaner while eating half decent

Its not like I am leaning out dramaticly but I se the difference, I normaly have no veins at all and now I can se some veins on my upper forearms while working out ect, small differences like that.

And my inner chest is getting hard and I can almost hint some striations, but unfortunaly my fat on the lower chest is still there and it ruins everything

voodoo12 is offline New Member
    just recently i have changed what i do for cardio (if you call it that)
    from every off day treadmill run/jog 20 mins and 60 situps 200 twists and 60 leg raises, to 40 min walk, and guess what? i get more out of the walk (losing body fat) than i do with the other cardio routine...why? cause the cardio i did before was after breakfast and with a carb drink and the walk is as soon as i wake up, before breakfast, i was going to try it from the advice on the boards but i was worried of a catabolic response, like a bitch i can lose muscle way easier than gain. But after talking to a trainer/nutritionist at my local gym he told me do the thing before breakfast...i am doing it and find it great.....(i take an ECA cap before the walk). You have to keep on trying and surely you will find something that works

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    Maybe your metabolism reacted to the low cals? Just a thought.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Johan,

Good work bro - you are learning about your body and responding to what your body is telling you. This is half the battle!

Most likely is that on the low carb diet you were too extreme and your body went into starvation mode. This is v. bad:

In the cave dwelling days when you were starving you were not likely to have high activity levels - waste of valuable energy and not much food about to hunt for. Hence your body knew you wouldn't need your muscles so much (plus lighter body equals less calorie expenditure when that next meal comes bounding past) and so it started burning muscle... this helps your body to keep hold of your fat for as long as possible as it has no idea how long the period of starvation will last.

The morale of the story is don't be too radical with your diet and keep shaking it up with the odd higher calorie day so that your body doesn't think it's going to starve.

Try to think of your body as having it's own mind as basically it does!!

def

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    My body is one stubborn son of a bitch that I can tell you all

Thread Information