mike2112 is offline Associate Member

protein bars and cutting cycle

Hi bros

currently in a cutting cycle,I just wanted to know if you guys knew a brand of protein bars that I could eat while on cutting cycle,I mean without carbs,no fat...??
    which one do you use guys??
    if anybody is making them himself , please tell me the recipies!!
    thanx bros

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Tobey has listed a couple i think in the recipie forum.

atleast i think it was him heh

BIG R is offline Member
    Mike,

ISS Research makes a BAD-ASS bar called: Pro 42 Bar. It has 42-44 grams of protien with only, 0-3 grams of sugar, and about 11grams of total carbs. That is still rock bottom low in carbs when you look at the big picture of things. If you are dieting right with regular food stuffs this bar is a good choice if you are on the run. I'm almost certain that there is no Meal Replacement bar out there that has that much protien with that little total carbs. I used it while dieting for my show last month and this month. It works great. 4 different flavors. My choice is the Almond Rocky Trail. You can't go wrong with this one. What can you do when you are with your girlfriend and you are watching the Movie Titanic for 3 hours...............take a bar with you.

Big R.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    There are zillions of them out there. Doctors Diet, Atkins, EAS Lo-Carb, Carbo-lite, just to name a few. These all have fat, but are at least low in carbs. The one with the lowest fat content is the EAS, Lo-Carb.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    mike be careful though alot of bars claim to only have 3 or 5 carbs .....an example is myoplex low carb they taste great ....so smooth and mosit cookies and cream taste liek an actual oreo.....around 6 grams of fat not bad 3carbs they say but it has glycerin which is stored as fat just as quick as carbs and has 4 calroies per gram and each myoplex low carb has arund 15 to 17 grams of this so each myoplex low carb hs around 20 carbs .....wich is still not bad ....and they taste good but there are betterbars.....i would reccomend premier 8bars......they are great and pretty low carbs some hav 8 grams .....choco peanut and choco coconut are great tasting hope i helped you bo......do not get those low carb bars from biochem high in fat and taste like pure shyt....tottttally chalky and do not get irontek 3 carb bars worst tasting bar ever.....everyflavor i tried is soo bad i had to spit out every first bite anyone who can eat them you shoul dget paid to do it

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    Bro you mentioned no fat. I hope your not overlooking fat as a major source of your diet while low-carbing it huh? you will need the fat just as you will need the protein. every meal you eat should contain minimum 5-8 grams fat. no more then 1 or 2 saturated fat grams per meal and have up to 15 grams of good fats per meal. the good fats. omega-3's,6's,and 9's. "monounsaturated and polyunsaturated" can actually flush your body and burn fat in itself. these good fats can turn your body into a furnace so please do not overlook these. peace. also, I like to use EAS carb control cookies and cream. great protein.good fat and pretty cheap at SAMS club.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    awesome advice.

Try ABB's Pure Pro Zero Sugar bars. Only like 6 carbs and 6 g of glycerin. Very low in fat, 3g, 1g saturated. Taste good, not the best, but for the marconutrient profile, it is my bar of choice. although I never eat bars. I was eating like 4 or 5 a day last winter cuz I was too lazy too cook. I finally weened myself off of them, but now talking about them again, I'm startin to get the tickle for a bar or two. Maybe th box...

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    Tobey has listed a couple i think in the recipie forum.

atleast i think it was him heh
    He, he, It has been a long time since those reciepes have been up has'nt it. I re- posted a link to them in another thread last night. Go to the search button and type in "Ok Jason, This ones for you". There are a bunch of them there. Heck type in Protien bars because if memeory serves me right there has been several others posted by me and other members that justmight be what you are looking for.
    IC

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    All low carb protein bars contain Glycerol, it has 4.34 cal per GM and although it does not cause insulin release like regural carbs, in a low carbohydrate diet, the glycerol will be converted to sugar in the body through an enzymatic process, and what you got is carbs in your body when you think you don't. When i am dieting i usually allow mysaelf to have 1 protein bar a week usually on saturday when it's my high carb day, and because there is already a lot of carbs in my system, the convertions of Glycerol to Carbs is less likely...XXL

hey !! thanx for your help bros ...

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    holysyt ...........the st protein bar called vyopro( just like thier brand of wey powder) omg gd i it god.....it has around 200 cals 22 grams of carbs nd 20 of protein .......this bar is notrealy a low car bar but it is not highin varbs ad the taste makes upfor it ......it aste like browine..they only have chocolate favor....it taste like a browne..........theonly t hing is aer you finih if you dont drink itwith water you that that protein after tset only a little thouh..the bars are cheapp too so i woul dbuy them and try them out

Younger is offline Junior Member
    Labrada's Lean Body Bars taste awesome. they run around 16-20carbs(counting glyc. as carb.) most popular flavor is tx pecan.

which one would you use into a cutting cycle?

letmein is offline Associate Member

Lean Body

Lean Body cookies and cream and RTD 40 shakes comprise 3 of my 6 meals year round they rock!

letmein is offline Associate Member
    As for cutting, just drop all bars and shakes 6 weeks out add flank steak

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    I think on a strcit cutting cycle 1 bar a day within 6 hours of going to bed is ok. It helps with cravings. I used to a nitro tech bar every day. Did'nt hurt me at all. good luck

Thread Information