BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member

Exclamation Keto diet sucks for me!!!!

Ok im at a point to where im fucking getting really frustrated now. At a desperate attempt to get rid of this last bit of fat that my body is holding on 2, i decided to go on a ketogenic diet. I loaded my ass up on carbs on Sunday, then started my first day of a keto on Monday, I was in ketosis by late afternoon Tuesday.(took some ala,).

I read about Ketogenic diets for a while, but wasn't sure if it was right for me. (I pride myself on my strength, and growing stronger after every workout, not to mention bigger. I just don't want the fat.)
    I've read numerous threads in this forum as well as a couple others, in an attempt to gain as much info as i can about this diet. I've read that some people are growing stronger, and even getting bigger while losing fat. So i was like, Fuck.. if they can do it, so can I. I knew to expect some fatigue and some rapid weight loss due to water, and the stink breath.

I got me a diet down yada yada yada, and then i started on my short, but long journey.

Monday i had a great chest workout, felt as if i grew some off of it, im sure i did. Anyway Tuesday had an pretty ok back workout, (not great), and well yesterday i started feeling the fatigue, i got the 80's and went to work on shoulders, dumbell shoulder presses being my first workout(also my favorite). I be damned if i couldn't get it. i mean i could get it, i got it to 7, but not even close to what i got last week, which was 10 reps for my first set. I was gonna hit up the dums to 90 (next week) if i could get 12 for my first set yesterday, but i barely got 7. Im very fucking disappointed in myself.

Thursday(today), Tri's and Bi's. First set Skull krushers, WHAT THE FUCK!!! IM STRUGGLING ON MY WARM-UP SET!! I knew to expect some fucking strength loss, but this is bullshit!! This was today haha. I was so pissed that i kicked my dumbell and hurt my toe.

Almost every week im able to up my weights or i get more reps per set, but while in ketosis i felt like i got thrown back in time, i felt as if i was just starting to lift weights for the first time.

This is sort of funny considering the fact that i have only been in Ketosis for 3 days, but i've tasted enough of it. Welcome back to my life carbs. I've lost 6 pounds, and i know it's all water, mostly in my muscles, and i want it back.

Btw i have been told, that if i stay in ketosis for atleast 2 weeks that i would adapt, i have no doupts to this, but i don't want to adapt to a keto.

I have a coplex or something about losing muscle, and i don't want to lose any, I guess i'll be one of those big fat muscley dudes. I guess i really don't mind being called Tank and Ox, but i just want to be LEAN AND KEEP ALL MY MUSCLE!!!!

btw im 6'2" 246 ,give me couple days i'll be back to 252
    body fat im sure is about 15-20% fat

The reason i was wanting to lose atleast 20 is because im gonna start my first cycle in August, dbol /deca /sus/fina/ and i know im gonna have some more fat coming up, so i was just trying to eliminate this now.

Keto is not the way for me, not to say that it's not effective for you.

Anyhow im just ranting. Thanks for reading this shit.

BTW if you have any good diet tips they are warmly accepted.
    Last edited by BigMike J; 06-13-2002 at 09:10 PM.

BIG R is offline Member
    Yeah Keto diets suck. I feel dizzy on them. They are just way too drastic and desperate. Maybe good for diabetics with circulation problems and the like but not for young healthy people.
    The shit is scarry!

Chinese Buffet all the way man!
    Big R

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I think that keto diets work well when everything is on place, first of all you should only work out MON and TUES, divide the whole body into 2 workout days and get it done, treat every set as if it's the last one you are evere going to do, total failure, balls busting sets...so time to f*** around, you might think that's not enough but while you are doing the Keto it's planty as you are finding out...second do a decarb workout on friday, circuit training whole body light weights 50& of max for 15-20 reps each set...recarb on late friday after the decarb workout and saturday, and back to keto sunday morning. I am on a keto diet for a 4 week program because i need to loose weight fast i have gone down 15 poiunds (yes i know some of it is water...Blah, Blah, Blah...) in the past 2 weeks, yes the workouts are a bitch, but you just got to tough it out Bro..how much fat are you eating a day, i am 190-192 pounds and eat 200 gm of fat /day and 200gm of protain / day...and one last thing they say that Keto diets work best for people already under 15& BF...good luck Bro...XXL

Thanks for the advice Mike, im not under 15% im prolly that or maybe even 20% I don't think im in the +20's, so im prolly between. I need to get my body fat comp tested just to make sure.

I can see why you workout only on Monday and Tuesday, as those were my best workout days.

As for my diet, i was eating my weight in lean body mass, which i figured to be about 204-216 give or take. High fat-200-230gms, Protein a little less but about the same. Now im thinking maybe i should of eaten more total calories, because my job is very physically demanding.

Few more questions,

1. How much muscle mass did you lose(if any)while you were in ketosis?
    2. When your strength came back was it higher then before or a little lower?(Did you have any strength loss?)
    3. Did your fatigue diminish after your body adapted to the keto diet?

With my old diet i was doing ok with losing body fat, no actual weight loss, but i could see the loss, i just want this shit gone.

Peace out

ripped_82 is offline Member
    I know how you feel bro. I use the Keto diet for the summer time to stay shredded, and let me be the first to tell you that its bruttle. Strength loos Fu!@ you up mentaly as your weight drop like there is no tomorrow. You start to look smaller, and this is where i feel that uping you protein intake to prvrnt muscle loss is key. But then you begin to look shredded. This is the good part! Although you are still weak like a little girl, you actually look bigger since your more vascular. So you have to sacrifice strength and power for the way you look

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Belive it or not my strength acctually went up while on keto and i trully think i gained a pound or so, but i was taking 500mg of test enethate a week, i know it's not much but was enough to protect me from muscle lose and even gains...after about 2-3 weeks your body adjuat to using ketones for energy amd things get a bit easier and better, i have been on one for 2 weeks and it's getting easier now...Good Luck Bro...XXL

Thanks for the info guys. Im gonna give it another go starting Sunday.

Today im going to enjoy my workout since im feeling back to my old self now again.

Thread Information