Flaco is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Does my diet suck?

Well if you guys need any stats im 18 years old. 5"8 177ISH with 20 per. bodyfat.Yeah I know not too good.Well here is my diet

Meal One 9:30 a.m.-Meal Replacement Shake/Banana That gives me a little over 500 cal. with about 60 grams of protein and 25 grams of carbs.Fat is around 7 grams.

Meal Two 1:15 p.m.-Changes everyday but usually a cup of brown rice with chicken breast or pasta with some other form of meat. Unsure of macronutrients

Meal Three 4:30 p.m.(post workout)- HeavyWeight Gainer 900 shake Thats about 920 calories with 50 grams of protein 115 grams of carbs and around 25 grams of fat

Meal Four 8:00 p.m.-Dinner Usually steak or chicken,beef,salmon etc. with rice or pasta or mashed potatoes.The combination changes.I also have cottage cheese or fat free yogurt.Again not sure of macronurients but well over 500 calories.

Meal Five 10:20 p.m.-Meal Replacement Shake/Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread 1 Gallon/water/day

I have been working out for almost a year now and started out at 135 pounds.Worked my way up to 177 through a lot of eating.I dont really want bulk now just lean muscle and have come to a complete stand still.Suggestions please!!!
    Flaco

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I would split your calories up over 6-8 meals so that your metabolism is speeding instead of having 4 at varied times. 9:30am to 1:15pm is a pretty big gap for nothing in the tummy.
    Also for cutting, drop all breads, regular potatoes, and pastas off the diet. Get all carbs from brown rice, oats, and yams.
    Cut down on red meat and replace with fish or chicken
    Pick up some flax oil(I recommend about 3-4 servings a day depending on how much you deplete your carbs.
    Lay off the PB&j unless it's Natural PB and sugar free jelly, even at that I would stay away from bread even if it's wheat.
    Up you water intake by half or more.
    And get a blended protein powder instead of an MRP(besides post workout). MRP's have maltodextrins as carbs which basically is sugar. Look for a powder with zero or little carb.(I use Optimum Pro Blend).
    Incorporate some ALA in with you diet as well. Be carful on the ALA. Some brands give me a rash.(I use EAS, which has calcium mixed in with the ALA)

Flaco is offline Associate Member
    Thanks a lot bro.. I will keep all that in mind

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Pheedno
    I would split your calories up over 6-8 meals so that your metabolism is speeding instead of having 4 at varied times. 9:30am to 1:15pm is a pretty big gap for nothing in the tummy.
    Also for cutting, drop all breads, regular potatoes, and pastas off the diet. Get all carbs from brown rice, oats, and yams.
    Cut down on red meat and replace with fish or chicken
    Pick up some flax oil(I recommend about 3-4 servings a day depending on how much you deplete your carbs.
    Lay off the PB&j unless it's Natural PB and sugar free jelly, even at that I would stay away from bread even if it's wheat.
    Up you water intake by half or more.
    And get a blended protein powder instead of an MRP(besides post workout). MRP's have maltodextrins as carbs which basically is sugar. Look for a powder with zero or little carb.(I use Optimum Pro Blend).
    Incorporate some ALA in with you diet as well. Be carful on the ALA. Some brands give me a rash.(I use EAS, which has calcium mixed in with the ALA)
    Just to add to that..get rid of that banana and replace it with a cup of cooked oats. Pheedno is totally right..you have to much time inbetween meals. It seems like you only have 3 meals there which are solid foods, try to get your meals from food first rather then shakes and then add the shakes into the scenerio. It is okay to have 2 shakes a day and yes make sure they are low carb shakes not meal replacments..that is not what you want when trying to get lean mass or cut up. Make your shakes with water not milk.

make sure you check your ego at the door when you walk into the gym and workout with proper form not these riduluously heavy weights which totally screws your form up and is just going to injure you and set you back. Put cardio in about 3-4 times a week, either right after you have finsihed weight training or first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

now correct all of this and you will be on you way.

good luck

Thread Information