IronCy is offline Senior Member

Question How do you guys/gals prepare your eggs?

Just wondering how everyone prefers to eat their eggs--whole or whites.
    1. Crack the egg and down the hatch
    2. Boiled
    3. Scrambled
    4. Sunny side up
    5. Any other suggestions

I myself prefer boiled, but looking for new ideas.
    -Cy

voodoo12 is offline New Member
    they say eating/drinking raw eggs is bad, can lead to problems....

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    8 eggs (3 yolks) scrambled. Before finished add a mixture of sauteed oinions, green pepper and mushrooms (all fresh...no canned) as well as some lean sliced turkey breast. I know deli meats are usually high in sodium, but one slice chopped up adds less than 1/2 a tsp of sodium and makes it taste much better....I hate the taste of plain eggs

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    scrambled for most part, few boiled, but kinda OD on boiled eggs a few years back and have hard time getting them down now.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I prefer Eggs Bennadict if we're throwin shit in the air.
    Dieting, I'm along the lines of Pete's
    5-7 eggs, 2-3 yolks. Sautee some mushrooms, onions, and squash in fresh garlic and olive oil. Scramble eggs and add tomatoes to the top when finished cooking.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    No oil when scrambling right---just crack'em, whip'em and into a dry pan?
    -Cy

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Oil for sauteing the veggies. I scramble eggs dry in a seperate pan. Whith more whites than yolks, the consistancy tends to be a little screwy if you mix the eggs in with veggies during the cooking process unless your doing an ommlett.
    You can do dry sautee with veggies as well, I just add that in for calories mainly, lubrication secondary. It also distributes the garlic very well.

remeber only 1g of bad fat in egg yoke so don't be afraid to eat them. Full of vit&minerials, and adds few more grams of potien per egg as well

I sautee the veggies first (and throw in crushed garlic on occasion as well) in about a tbsp of olive oil (good fat), then dump the eggs right over top of them and scrample from there. If/when I'm dieting hardcore (like for a contest), I'll cut back on yolks and olive oil.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    I just eat the egg whites, usually 8 - 12 of them...heat up a skillet, spray it with some Pam and dump them in...I cook them like an omelette and put the eggs between two pieces of whole wheat toast. Egg white sandwich.

That must be one big thick ass sandwich

livnnfit is offline Female Member
    My fav is 7 egg whites (1 yolk) fat free cheese, mushrooms and green pepper cooked in a t-fol frying pan with no oil topped off with salsa sauce and put in a whole wheat tortilla. I also enjoy hard boiled with black pepper. I recently read a recipe on here (egg whites mixed with a few tablespoons of lowcarb pancake mix) it makes a nice fluffy pancake for dieters and top it off with a thin layer of sugar free jam. Very good!!
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" www.tracystar.com

David B. is offline Member
    I usually make an omelette for breakfast every day, with some bacon and cheese.

--dnb

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    hmm, been drinking eggs with protein shakes for over 5 years and no complications. Sometimes I just get egg beaters and drink 16oz of them for a protein shake or however much equals 48g protein, can't remember for now. If i cook the eggs it is usually scrambled or boiled.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    i have a great idea tell me if anyone here likes it .....i make 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg i use pam cooking spray...i add a little bit of equal(very little)pepper salsa and it may sound weird and taste weird to some but i love it i add sugar free syrup and i crush up almonds or walnuts and i throw them in and ake a ommelet out of it

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    2 eggs every morning for breakfast . . . I don't like to fuss when I cook, so I just dump half a can of veggies in a 4 cup pyrex measuring cup and toss the eggs (minus the shell, of course) right on top. Hit the 5 minute button on the nuker, and it's done. A few drops of soy sauce, and that's it, no muss, no fuss. No rubbery eggs, either . . .

Danne84an is offline New Member
    crack the egg without boiling them, then sort the white from the yellow, cuz the yellow part contains a lot of fat and the white is protein...

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Originally posted by livnnfit
    My fav is 7 egg whites (1 yolk) fat free cheese, mushrooms and green pepper cooked in a t-fol frying pan with no oil topped off with salsa sauce and put in a whole wheat tortilla. I also enjoy hard boiled with black pepper. I recently read a recipe on here (egg whites mixed with a few tablespoons of lowcarb pancake mix) it makes a nice fluffy pancake for dieters and top it off with a thin layer of sugar free jam. Very good!!
    I'm withh that sounds real good, can i come over for breakfast or stay till then.........XXL

David B. is offline Member
    Originally posted by Danne84an
    crack the egg without boiling them, then sort the white from the yellow, cuz the yellow part contains a lot of fat and the white is protein...
    The yolk contains almost half the total protein in an egg, when you throw them out you're throwing out a lot of good nutrition along with the fat.

--dnb

Originally posted by David B.

The yolk contains almost half the total protein in an egg, when you throw them out you're throwing out a lot of good nutrition along with the fat.

--dnb

...but you are also getting rid of 6gm of fat...and that's good...XXL

Mike only 1g or that is bad fats, rest are all good.

livnnfit is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by MIKE_XXL

I'm withh that sounds real good, can i come over for breakfast or stay till then.........XXL
    Sure come on over!! You are XXL aren't you?

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    If you add egg protien powder to a shake, can you hide the taste somewhat? i have heard it is really nasty but it cant be worse than eating another freaking egg lol

hmm now if i could find some chicken powder :P

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    If you add egg protien powder to a shake, can you hide the taste somewhat? i have heard it is really nasty but it cant be worse than eating another freaking egg lol

If you have a vanilla flavored protein powder put in some vanilla extract and a couple teaspoons of splenda. If you have chocolate add some natty peanut butter, if it is unflavored you can still to the vanilla extract and splenda thing or if you wanted to make it choc. you could add some pb with some cocoa.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red

LMAO CHICKEN POWDER!! Now that is funny!

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    8 eggs (2 yolk), pam cooking spray and a touch of salsa

Originally posted by eye_candy
    Mike only 1g or that is bad fats, rest are all good.
    good point E-C and i know but i still preffer my fats, from olive oil and flaxseed oil...XXL

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Useually 4 to 5 eggs everymorning ( 2 whole, 3 white).I have just recently pushed this up to 7 or 8 eggs in the morning in an attempt to increse the ol' caloric intake a bit. Cook this up with some grits and breakfast is served. Accasionally on the weekends I sautee some veggies or a little bit of onion, but only if I have time and I'm not in a rush to get to work.
    IC

shinobi is offline New Member
    Usually 5 eggs (2 yolks), scrambled, add a can of tuna plus sometimes 2 slices of low fat cheese. yummy.

shinobi

alevok Guest
    I cook a dozen low cholesterol eggs in a steam cooker, that way they remain solid. I eat them whole, 2-6 per day with tabasco sauce.
    Raw eggs may contain salmonella (chicken desaese) that can cause serious problem in your digestion system.

Bodine6 is offline Junior Member
    I'm hungry!!! hmmm

Cali is offline Female Member
    I'm so sick of eggs....anything that covers the fact that I'm eating them would be heaven sent!

eybd buy some builoone chicken powder it tastes really good but high in sdium( i know this ainta bodybuilding food but i sen you posty and figue hey why not )

I like to make either an omellete or a sandwich using egg whites and turkey.

Originally posted by IronCy
    No oil when scrambling right---just crack'em, whip'em and into a dry pan?
    -Cy
    wellif youi do that you will be scraping the pan for hours and probaly ruin the pan. There is penty of varietys of 0 calorie cooking sprays .....just go to your local food mart......you us that to make sure the eggs dont stick ......or you can just hard boil them if you dont wann buy the spray

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I have my egg whites with a can of tuna or with chopped chicken or turkey breast. Throw in a few veggies and sometimes low fat cheese and make a nice egg white omelet.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Thread Information