tolinka is offline Senior Member

Question What food do yo take when you go to work??

Hey guys,

Since alot of people on here are working and so am I, I wanted to know what to you take with you to work? I used to go eat alot of fast fods but i dont want to eat to much fat now...and i got fucking sick of burgers also

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Cook 2-4 days worth of food, get yourself a cooler and take all your meals for day in cooler. SImple and means you only have to cook every 2-3 days. They make fun of me coming in with full size cooler, well they eat thier chips and pop wondering how come i can eat so much and not get fat....

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I take a shake for a snack around 3 but besides that I get my ass up, drive home and cook for 2-3 meals.
    I love living 2 miles from work.

Without that luxury, I would do exactly what EC said. Pack up a big 90quart with everything you need and have yourself a damn picknic every day of the week

I live 12 miles from work...so i'm to cheap on fuel to drive back and forth and there isnt enough time...
    Thanks guys for your suggestions, I'd like also to know what do you cook take with you to work?

If you want to eat clean cook, chicken, turkey, steak, tuna, rice, potato's whatever basicly.

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    thanks tolinka i gues i sisn't give you too much help on the subject. lol

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    get yourself a foreman grill and cook night before... i take my grilled chicken, brown rice, and baby carrots(easiest veggie to take) in a big tupperware. its a pain but trying to eat out and get a decent lean protein rich meal is pretty pricey unless u do it urself.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Do what EC does.

You can also bring in protein bars or shakes if you are in a crunch and you need a refuel. We have a mini fridge, I only work for 6 hours and I bring in more in one day then the rest of my coworkers combined bring in for the week.

One of my co-workers always has to see what I'm eating that day.

"Mmmm....chicken and oatmeal. Smells sooooo goooooood."

If you are wondering, yes....he is. But that doesn't make one diff. to me, he is a great guy, even though he slacks at the job BIG TIME. K im getting OT. lol

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im still a student, but i bring a shake and maybe a fruit to class sometimes when we have long days.

Brown_Bear73 is offline New Member
    This can be a little spendy but I dig the chicken and tuna just straight from the can. Some people cant stomach it but like anything you get used to it.

williampowers is offline Junior Member
    I work in Manhattan and bought a mini blender from Vitamin Shoppe for $8 with a measuring cup. I keep a protein powder (Isopure) in my draw protein with and add something ;like apple or banana or pear with the snacks and purchase lunch at the cafeteria. My cafeteria is great real variety from sandwich and salad to hot rotiiserie chicken whith sides like Boston Market.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    wi ork at a gym lol so itv es to just grab ashake or fruit i make the dam proti hakes actually lo.....well usually i carry a vyo pro protein bar or a solid protin bar and ill eat it at lunch with some fruit and a speed stack drnk but someeswhgat i do is buy those glad wre tupperware.. chop up lettuce,tomatoes,celery,onions and rotouns( add whatea salad stuf you want really) and i add cut up giled chickenor turkey or even tuna orshrimp in the salad throw some oil and balsamic shake it up and a great lunch

All this stuff sounds great...the cool thing is that i've got a hug fridge at work and a microwave in the kitchen...now i just need to larn how to cook...

first off Xzoom, you freakn suck you lucky bastard. lol and power, its the same thing with me. Work right on 42nd street. I love the city, you don't have to walk more then 2 feet to get osmehing you want. LIke right now for breakfast.... $2.00 egg with chesse on wheat bread. 2 banannas, and a small cup of coffee to supplement my ephederine free xenadrine. lol. I love this place.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    A can of tuna mixed with half a chopped onion and a couple spoons of plain yogurt. Also, a banana, and half a bag of chips, 8 oz of 2% milk from the next door 7-11. That's at 11:30, then at 3 I'll do another 8 oz of milk and a scoop of protein powder.

Originally posted by Tock
    A can of tuna mixed with half a chopped onion and a couple spoons of plain yogurt. Also, a banana, and half a bag of chips, 8 oz of 2% milk from the next door 7-11. That's at 11:30, then at 3 I'll do another 8 oz of milk and a scoop of protein powder.
    my god lol no offens bro but that sounds sooooo ugly and gross lol.....o can eat tuna out of a bag.....how can you eat tuna with yougurt and a bananna........i mean why dont you just make yourslef a nice tuna salad on wheat bread and a bannana and chipswith it wheat bread will go betta with tuna that yougurt in my opinion at least or a protein bar......

OK guys, I only gained 8lbs in two weeks and i dont see any gains again...so i need you help here. I'm trying to eat at least 4-5 meals a day but i want to put it up to 6 meals. So please bro's and gal's give some ideas on recipies and eating before and after workout and how should i split my meals and proteind drinks. I want to eat like a mo fo. I'm skinny and all but i can eat every 3 hours without a problem becasue i drink alot of water. so hit me up with your ideas...

Simple:

8-10oz of meat and carbs every 2H during the day until bed time. Shakes right after you train and one though night when you wake up for piss or whatever.

hey dickhead. Yeah you tolink. it hink 8lbs in 2 weeks is good. hahaha you ass. Stop screwing around with the russian girls and actually hit the gym and i think you'll be fine. hahahahhahahahahaha But how monlg of a cycle ar eyou on??? if your on an 8 week. 2 pounds in 8 weeks. 8times4=32 punds. right. or is that just completely worng?

Originally posted by Darkknight442
    hey dickhead. Yeah you tolink. it hink 8lbs in 2 weeks is good. hahaha you ass. Stop screwing around with the russian girls and actually hit the gym and i think you'll be fine. hahahahhahahahahaha But how monlg of a cycle ar eyou on??? if your on an 8 week. 2 pounds in 8 weeks. 8times4=32 punds. right. or is that just completely worng?
    What can you say man you know how the Russian girls look like...

But during my first week i gained about 5-6 and now i only gained about 2 pounds in the second week so there is something i must be doing wrong. I dont know what though.

not doing anythign wrong 1st week is water from the gear, second week more water adn bit of muscle, your body can only grow so fast no matter how much gear/food you put into it.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    You can buy the frozen bags of chicken breasts at almost all stores these days. Look on the seasonings isle.. lemon pepper (check sodium)
    Ms.dash, Tony cacries (Heh cant spell that) ect

I also buy the pre cooked small meatballs and i simmer them in low sodium taco seasonings, throw in a touch of chilli pepper and come cayanne pepper, the spice gives it a great kick.

You could also make shreaded chicken taco meat, boil some breasts with half an onion,1 bay leaf and 2 cloves garlic (miced from the jar)

Once they are cooked all the way, take them out, also onion and garlic.
    shread the chicken with two forks then add the onion,garlic and chicken to a skillet.

Add some low sodium taco seasonings and simmer till it is mostly dry.
    This is bad ass on a salad, or eaten with wheat chips.

The foreman grill is awesome, cook a steak in 4 mins! depending on thickness.

hope it helps a bit

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    My man made/packed my lunch today, and I got-

white rice, egg whites, ff no sugar yogurt, apple, orange, canned ff low soduim soup(amy's brand or something similar from the health food store), protein bar

If you think that's a lot you should see what he's eating. This is a typical food day at the office unless I am eating out.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

damm tigeress r u bulkin or sumthing lol?,.,,,,do you eat it thorughout the day or just as one meal ?.........i know girls that cant eat that in 1 day seriosly

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Originally posted by xzoomzx
    damm tigeress r u bulkin or sumthing lol?,.,,,,do you eat it thorughout the day or just as one meal ?.........i know girls that cant eat that in 1 day seriosly
    Well, he brought my lunch to work cause I had boot camp class this morning at 6am, 75 min of run/circuit training, very intense stuff, (like you think you will puke-and/or pass out intense), so I probably burned 600 cals there alone.

What I listed above was just what I ate while at work, plus I had 1/2 sesame snap snack, gave the other half to my bro, and a tea with milk and sweetner(both brought to me by coworkers). That food was spread out through the day whenever I got hungry.

When I got home I ate a large roast chicken breast, 12 shrimp, baked potato, 1 tbsp sour cream, about 1/2c ice cream and a smirnoff ice. Now I am done eating and am drinking some h2o and crystal light.

Right now I am not bulking or cutting, going on vacation in 2 days, and will start tapering down my cals when I get back, while trying to eat enough to fuel my training.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    =================
    my god lol no offens bro but that sounds sooooo ugly and gross lol.....o can eat tuna out of a bag.....how can you eat tuna with yougurt and a bananna........i mean why dont you just make yourslef a nice tuna salad on wheat bread and a bannana and chipswith it wheat bread will go betta with tuna that yougurt in my opinion at least or a protein bar......
    ==================

No accounting for taste, I guess.
    For breakfast I'll open a can of tuna and squeeze out the extra water, than pour a little bit of barbecue sauce on top, and eat it just like that, right out of the can. Simple, quick, no muss no fuss. Kinda tasty, too, IMHO.
    Chicken--it's simple to take a frozen chicken breast, put it in a dish in the microwave for 10 minutes, dump a bit of lemon juice and soy sauce and scarf it down. Pretty good.
    Soy burgers--used to do this a while back, but you can take 3 lbs tofu, 3 lbs hamburger, and 1 bag of turkey stuffing mix, mix it up in a big bowl and toss in a couple eggs, onions, bbq sauce, and whatever else you have loose in the fridge, and make a load of hamburger patties out of 'em and freeze 'em in individual baggies. You can fry 'em up or put 'em in a toaster oven or mwave for a quick & ez snack.
    As far as those protein candy bars go, I don't much care for 'em. Don't taste quite right, somehow. Too oily or something . . . yuck . . .

well lol i am not crazy about protei bars but i do find he ones ast nmakes to be veryy tasty ......very smooth and they taste like brownies i love them ..but most any protein bar is betta than tht frstthing you mntioned tock lol.......i can open tuna and eat it like tht i dont gotta add nothing

yeah I also eat tuna out of the can without anything except a glass of water...its not a biggie. Grilled chickn is it good???

I also dont have any idas what should i eat 6 tims a day....whats your daily diet???

Originally posted by tolinka
    yeah I also eat tuna out of the can without anything except a glass of water...its not a biggie. Grilled chickn is it good???

I also dont have any idas what should i eat 6 tims a day....whats your daily diet???
    well tolinka grilled chicken to me is very good. Ilove it when im not dieting. use a barbeque or foreman grill ..you can add a lil bbq sauce i use a lil honey mustard or whateva spices you want really. well for a diet this is what i would eat ( i am currently in ketp diet thi is what i used to do )
    meal 1-6egg whites,2 slices turkey or ham ,2 slices whole wheat toast very little butter
    meal 2- salad with lettuce,tomatoes,onions,peppers,cucumbers 1 can tuna and i woul put olive oil and vinegar
    meal 3- brown rice,red potatoes and 6 ounces chicken breast or london broil
    meal 4 (after wokout meal )2 scoops vp2 whey isolate protien powder in applejuice and tablespoon honey
    meal 5( on the way home from gym) protein bar(solid protein,or vyo pro bar) piece of fruit with the bar
    meal 6 - 6 ounces of salmon or chicken or london broil,1 yam,salad with just lettuce,tomatoes, and olive oil n vinegar

do you want what i would eat on a non diet day ( its good for around winter to stay in good shape )
    any more help just pm me......if ou dont have time to cook all those meals i specilize in making protein shakes do you need some good ones to cover some of those whole meals?

shorty2big is offline Member
    Cook for 2-3 days at a time. I bring chicken & Rice meals, Pasta meals, protein drinks,meal replacements, bars, sandwiches every day

Thread Information