J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Though i would share my diet results.

There very good so far.

I'v droped noticable fat, in just one week.

Its amazing I can see the results looking in the mirror, can see more lines, lines i did not have....keeps me going.

I'm sure some of it is in my head, but thats what makes me stick w/ it.

I'm eating very low carbs and about 230grams of protien daily.
    I don't eat any particular meals, or in any order for that matter. But here is what it consist of.

Egg beaters (fat free, fake eggs w/ 1 gram of carbs), usualy made in a a omolet w/ fat free single, turkey or lean ham.

Cottage cheese, low fat of course.

Protien shakes (skim milk, only one a day)

Protien water.....yes its gross...

Smoked salmon, great stuff!

Salmon steaks, normaly seered on each side w/ some seasoning untill dark brown, then broiled in toaser oven untill done.

Steamed veggies

Fake Crab meat ( in VERY small portions, just for a snack)

And my abosolute most important part........Tuna, seriously this good stuff. I don't really do any thing with it at all, i just put pop open the can, drain it by pressing down on the lid. Then add some seasoning.....good snack and 3 cans makes my dinner or lunch most days. 2.5 grams of carbs per can, no fat, and 40 grams of protien.

Feel free to leave some more high protien/low carb foods!

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    sounds good. you really drink protein water?

sure do Dane. 2 scoops, one bottle of water.....yuk. But if ya chug it...ya dont' taste it too much.

The texture is the worst part and i have to drink more water to keep from getting a nasty dry throat all the time it seems. But hell water is good too

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Protien water? ug

You should throw a little variety in there, like steak and chicken.

Also your body can only take so much protien at once... 3 cans of tuna at the same time is a waste. Eat like 60 grams of protien every 2-3 hours. Anything more is a waste. Drink tons of water.

Keep up the good work bro.

Oh thanks for remiding me!

Ya I do eat chicken brest also, normaly w/ 1 oz of salsa on the top for some added flavor.

I rarly eat steak.....i like it too much throws me off my diet. If it taste good, thats bad for me. Makes me crave more good foods.

I eat the 3 cans of tuna to take up space in my belly Though I’m gonna start cutting down on it, or I’ll get sick of it even faster.

Thanks for the motivation guys!

georgie24 is offline Member
    yeah i have good news too j-dogg i took a spill with the diet but rebounded like rodman and stuck withit now for the first time i can see about 5 ribs per side. that prolly sounds stupid but im f-ing stoked.
    but anywho congrats on your sucsess bro!!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

For J-Dogg

Man that is fantastic!
    If your seeing gains(or losess as the case goes) don't change a thing. Keep up the good work!
    IC

PS I have a salmon reciepe listed in the reciepe section if you are interested.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    J-Dogg....what is protein water? Are you talking about protein mixed with water? Anyway...awsome results my friend. When you're successful at something it motivates and propels you forward...stay the course J-Dogg.

I too have just started "Project lean"...here's what I ate yesterday

8:00 - 6 eggs (2 yolks), slice fat free cheese, 30g oats, 1 scoop whey+ skim milk + 1tbls olive oil

11:00 - 6oz chicken breast + 2 whole wheat flat breads (wraps) and mustard

2:00 - Designer Portein bar

4:30 - 4 oz shrimp + 1.5 cups cooked brown rice

7:00 - 2 scoops whey + 1 scoop dextrose + water (post workout)

8:00 - 6 oz chicken breast + 1 cup steamed veggies

10:00 - 1 can of tuna + 1 small tin of pineapple + 1 scoop whey, skim milk

Daily Totals: Calories: 2500 Protein: 300g Carbs: 240g Fat: 54g

MarkyMark is offline Member
    I am glad your staying motivated ...( hardest thing ) but by the sounds of it I take it you just started a week ago ....

just quickly ( how old ? Weight , bf % at present ..;just guess , and your bf% goal ? )

be careful on smoked salmon ...over 50 % fat ...and agreed with authur .... 3 cans at once is a bit too much...

train hard and add some cardio ...good luck

I'm 21
    6' tall
    was 197lbs, now 182lbs
    was 18-19%bf, tested today at 15-16%

Shooting for 10% or lower if i have it in me to go that long.

I just got done shopping. I picked up some of the sugar free jello, no carbs, no fat, 1gram of protien. Should make a really nice desert.

I also called the place I buy my salmon "walters fishery".

I talked to the owner (its a small town store) and he said the only thing added to the salmon is salt and that is a requirement of state law. No sugar or any thing is added.

Is it really that fatty? Salmon steaks look like pretty lean meat, more lean than a steak.

I don't see any troubles with sticking with the diet on the horizon. I know I'll be fine for 4 more weeks of it, as long as the results keep showing. Though today was leg day, and man was it tuff. Talk about exaustion! Thats when ya know its working though, just gotta tuff it out.

Also here is what i'v been doing w/ steaks lately:

Pick up some beef bottom round roast, i just picked it up at Meijer for $1.32 a lb on sale.

Trim all the fat you can off it and cut it in 1" to 1.5" stips.

Place in a sealable container, and pour in Blastamic vinagar untill submerged. Sometimes i'll pour in a lil beer also.

When cooking:

season both sides with what ever you choose or like. Heat up a pan, pour in some good olive oil. And sear the steak on all sides with very high heat untill its dark brown on all sides (should be raw in the middle still). Then pop it in the toaster oven or oven @350 degrees.

I cook them about 7 mins and its Medium Rare.

good stuff.

Oh pete, the protien water was just water + powder.

I had to quit that crap. I just could not stand it any more, i was getting a dry throat like bad. Felt like i was drinking muddy water.
    I just mix it with skim milk now. 2 shakes a day, one with dinner, on as a meal.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Keep it up Brother sounds like you're doing great! Make sure you're getting enough carbs though. Don't go under 50 per day and maybe increase your fibroud veggies. When you're at your goal...introduce the carbs gradually and stick to the low glycemic ones like brown rice, swet potatoes etc. Stay off the bread.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Bro, while dieting, you can basically eat ALL the fibrous veggies you want. They are 3-4 carbs per cup and trust me, those carbs will not turn into anything, because 2 of those grams are fiber. What db means by "fibrous" is brocolli, cauliflower, green beans, aspargus, zuchinni. Try them in different recipes to keep "sane" and they will also fill you up well because of all the fiber.

And yes, salmon is ok. It is infact, great for you! Limit it to one meal a day, as it does have moderate-high fats, but it's good fats such as omega 3's and omega 6's. Anyway, stick it to it, it sounds like you're doing well!

MarkyMark is offline Member
    The comment regarding salmon I made was in reference to the stated ( Smoked Salmon )not fresh salmon ) check brand and label carefully .... some are worse than others ...last one I checked for fun ...was 50% fat...

but regarding fish there are many more much more healthy than Salmon ..... Like red snapper ... But if its working brother , you doing fine ...keep up the good work .... Liking a diet and sticking to it is a great way for success ....

good luck
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 10-23-2001 at 06:02 PM.

Still going strong =D

Really wish I had a digital camera so I could post week to week pic's so I could share results :/

Going really good though, starting to see lower abs

BTW I STRONGLY suggest any one use the ECA stack when cutting down. Try taking some about an hour before you work out, cardo or weight room. Works absolutely amazing with a low carb diet. A extremely good energy boost is given, it feels like you ate 500grams of carbs and slept for 10 hours even though you’re taking in very little carbs. I feel like I can run forever if I take some an hour before running. I'm using 25mgs of ephedrine, 200mgs of caffeine, and 325mgs or aspirin. It also helps control your appetite, even though it’s easy to control if you spread your food out over 5 meals.

Thanks so much for all the advice guys.

Eagerly awaiting more results,

J-Dogg

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Great work JD....keep us posted bro.

P

Still working very well, i thinkin 2 more weeks i'll be as lean as i wanna be.

I was late for work yesterday and could find any clean pants (yes i am too lazy to do laundry more than 1 time a week). So I grabed a pair of pants that my girl got me a few months ago. They were 34" waist which i normaly do wear. But these were like umbar small for some reason, they fit now....

After I am done with this diet, I am gonna eat like a cow

I am going to get huge and take before and after pics for you guys, Its amazing how fast results happen in a short period of time.

It took me about 1 and a half years to gain that fat, and its gone in 3-4 weeks.

Thread Information