CreMator is offline New Member

Lightbulb Another question

When you calculate your daily caloric needs you multiply your weight in lbs by 20 right, or would you take your weight in lbs = grams of protein needed per day and then work that out to be 35% of your daily caloric needs?
    But which weight do you use, your current weight or your goal weight?
    And you guys advise a ratio of 45% carbs, 35% protein, 20% fat, this would mean you would use basically 20g olive oil per meal, as 1g oil = 1g fat as per the label, isn't that too much?

Hey and once again thanks for all the help guys!

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Your specific caloric needs are determined by your goal. I usually recommend calories based on lean body mass (muscle, bone, connective tissue and water). When determining your intake you have to consider your activity for the next several hours. for example you will surely need more energy of you're going to workout in 3 hours opposed to sitting in a class. Also this goes for your fat. The word here is quality so your focus should be on polyunsaturated fats such as flax oil, deep-water fish and monounsaturated fats from olive oil and avocados. Research has shown that Omega-3 oils from flax and other sources improve health and assist in fat loss. Let's start with your goals.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

CreMator

Cremator,
    I made a post on how to calculate your caloric intake just a few months back. If it is not listed, do a search. It was a 2 part post. There were several questions with the calculations on one and the other was several differnt charts ect. I'll see if I can locate it and post it again.
    IC

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Bump on Dumbells, with the exception that matabolism plays a major role in determining BMR and ones needs ...good luck

Thread Information