the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

diet and gained 10lbs in a day whats up with that????

im sick of this dieting shit, I have been at it for so long with the same results its untrue, last 3 weeks have been solid been alternating clen /ketotifen with eca and lost a steady 10lb we really pleased feeling more lean and that, then sat after noon I ate a little extra and sunday I ate pizza so I cracked I felt bad but im back from 211 to 220 now where i started at 3 weeks ago. Now I am no newbie and I know about water retention from carbs, sodium and so on but that is to much. It makes me think the only thing I lost in the 3 weeks was water. It also makes me wonder cos im 220 and my diet has been a strict 1800 kals per day with low to mod carbs high protein and low fats why the fuck dont I lose ??? I mean I do am cardio moderate intensity 5 days per week for 45 mins per day, I train weights 5 days per week and I just stay the same shape?? I have always blamed it on being an endo but this is beyond laughable now cos I stay the same either way I cant gain or lose????????????????????????????????

peace

Lift2Live is offline New Member
    I dont know what to say Jason. You're at a dilemma. I have about the same problem I see moderate results wehn dieting hard and doing cardio, but its so hard and the results take so long. I'm trying to stick with it now though. Cardio is the worst.

lift2live

solid90062 is offline Member
    i'm stuck as well right now...even the clen doesnt help anymore. Your guess is as good as mine right now...ANy nutritionists wanna chime in?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I hate pimping this, but have yall tried rotating your carb intake? Low, Moderate, No, High, Low, Low, High, no, Moderate...etc. Keep your body guessing, I mean that is what we preach about training. It works for dieting too. Just a thought.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I'm in the same boat as you so I too would like to know some answers.

I take in about 1500-1800 cals a day with low carbs. I do AM cardio and PM cardio 5 days a week. I know everybody gets to a point where it is extremely difficult to get the last few pounds off, but I'm no where near that point. I'm at about 23% body fat and I though by changing up my diet and doing that much cardio I would start to loose weight farley quickly. Being that I used to never do cardio and pretty much ate whatever. Not the case for me. I can’t loose weight for nothing and all it takes is one or 2 days off and I gain it all back.

It's also hard to ask a question like "why am I not getting any results" because most people see that as you are whining and are either lazy or impatient to get the results. But hopefully someone with your status will get some good responses.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Maybe you guys are being a little too radical, pushing your bodies into 'starvation mode'?

Try uping your calories (from protein preferably) a bit (say 200 or 300 calories) and see what happens.

Also consider trying proviron - you may have elevated oestrogen levels...?

All MHO of course.

Def (BSc. Hons Nutrition, Physiology & Biochemistry)

my carbs are low but none exsistant I take in about 100-120g per day also have a little extra one day on the weekend. I tried a higher diet for a while before this one about 200g carbs and I gained weight I get fat so easy, with cardio I stayed about the same weight. As I am now if I kept it up 7 days a week for a long tiime no doubt my weight/fat would drop but if I stopped for 2 days it would be back for sure. I guess alot of my excess is from estrogen I add armidex to my diet .25mg ed, also running var 30mg ed at the moment will probably add test/fina/eq soon still thinking about it. I still dont see any reason for the way my body is the way it is. I mean for me its not only leaning out but its gaining also I can gain love handles from looking at a bowl of rice but if I eat a perfect diet and run a bulking cycle I only get fat!!!! there is just nowhere to turn. I am looking into hgh at the moment just the money is stopping me I see no other avenues to turn onto

peace

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    OJ - you can do it, have faith in yourself bro.

Are you taking ECA?

Do you eat in the evenings?

Are you drinking lots of water?

How often do you train and for how long?

def

bro i alternate eca and clen /ketotifen at the moment week on and off and so on clenbutrx liquid is the fat burner i use, in between the clen/keto but the keto is making me to sleepy so i think i will have to switch to normal clen soon.

The only thing I eat in the evening is about 20g carbs from some crackers that I mix with low fat cheese like 4 of them only just to tide me over and protein shake before bed mixed with water so no milk last meal is about 5-6pm tin of tuna with 50-60g rice.

Drink alot of water but mix with electrolyte sachets as really suffer with cramps on a diet, that might be a key I take about 5 of them sachets per day and they contain as well as pottasium and sodium. 2gm of glucose not sure how bad that is at all? thats just a wild guess about that being the problem any ideas??

I train am cardio 45 mins 5 x per week before food, i train weights mon.tues,thu,fri in the evening or early afternoon. cardio is moderate to low intensity about 60-70% max heart rate

peace

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Wait a week and weight yourself again and see if that weight you gained is still there or if you lost it, if you lost it it means you gained all water...after the show i can put on 15-20 pounds in a little over 24 hours, so as you can see when the tide comes in, it comes in...1800 cal. a day seem real low for a 220 lbs. person, i diet at about 2000-2200 cal day and i am at 190-200lbs, but i guess you know your body best...when i diet i have a pizza (cheesless pizza, just crust, sauce, grilled chicken and mashrooms) every week on saturday, it's my cheat day for working hard all week, it works for me and my wife, it recharges my mental energy and metabolism...however it might not work for you...good luck Bro and stay focused to reach your goal, don't let this breaks you...XXL

thanks for the reply bro, comparing to most others my diet seems low but I think my lbm is quite low. I dieted down from 330 to 180 and was left with a shitload of lose skin and not knowing what was going on underneath it I buylked up to 240 then on the way down again trying to get lean again now at about 217. I seem to respond best at this amount of nutrition as I said I can get fat on a 3000kals per day diet. I definately think the fat is due to estrogen, I have also been trying out almost a full bottle of yohimburn now and not seen any use from that. Thanks for the replies

peace

Socio is offline Associate Member
    to be honest jason , forgot your weight , i find that ive been dieting now for 2-3 weeks 40-50g carbs daily, cardio twice daily taking ECA my strength hasent suffered (has risen actually) and my weight fluctuates between 220lbs-210lbs week in week out , but i am alot leaner in the face and more vascular and my waist is smaller , so if you look leaner but weigh the same dont worry about it , besides if your not losing weight it may stear you off your diet forget the scales just diet and see how you look to ur friends and peers .... if u look leaner , you must be leaner regardless of what you weigh .. as the great Dorian Yates once said "just because it works in theory dosent mean it works in practice"

who says you cant drop body fat and gain muscle at the same time?

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Socio does have a point. Have you been monitoring you bf% during your dieting? Because if you bf continues to decrees but your weight stays the same I wouldn't worry about it and continue doing what you are doing.

ok bros well its 3 days now and I am back to 215 so some of it was water, but I am still left with this 3 weeks solid dieting apart from that 1 misshap at weekend, loss of only 4-5lbs max which when i go back to eating normal will be back for sure. Sure I feel leaner a little cos im holding less water my waist hasnt dropped more than .5" and my love hadles the same. I wonder if I can be losing fat from other areas of the body and still gaining muscle as I am taking var also???, that is the only answer I mean before this my diet was slightly higher in carbs and I lost nothing thats why I lowered them, also I have changed my cardio slightly to make it less intense trying really hard to stick to 60% of max as I have been reading more about how anaerobic exercise uses muscle glycogen for energy as it is easier metabolized then fat. I really dont know what else to think i mean it seems keto and hgh are the only 2 options left? I was lean at one time with 32" waist not so long ago and I lost 150lb without any juice or eca but I lost so much muscle I was like a stick at 180 but had a lean stomach, I dont want that again any ideas??

peace

well 12 days later 213 this shit is just not happening ( fuck knows what is going on

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks like lots of people can relate :P

Rember, the fat around your love handles is probably gonna be the last fat to go. When your riped every where else, then that goes off last.

You might be over training also, 5 times cardo could be over doing it.

Maybe try steping down to ever other day to give your body time to rest.

Do you still get the side effects from ECA? shakey and jittery?

The 2nd time I used ECA, it did not work NEARLY as good as the first, might wanna up the dosage 25mgs of ephedrin.

Stick with it,

Hope this helps

sure the eca does not work like it used to even when I take a little break it still doesnt work the same when I come back, but it works I get effects. The problem is I have the estrogenic fat pattern and its not just my love handles sure my shoulders and upper chest have leaned a little and look good if it wasnt for the rest of me. The lower abs and back are terrible and really just will not reduce, I keep the cardio at a reasonable rate I dont see how it can be over training in cardio as this only induces fat burning if kept at the right heart rate. I used to think my diet was to low its now like 80g carbs per day and 250 protein but before this I tried one a little higher and gained weight so I know its not that, I am not losing muslce not at all and not fat either I mean I weight 213 and im eating 1600kals per day?? sup with that at 2000 kals per day I gain I have tried so many diets looking into keto next, I am pretty sure its just about estrogen related fat being a bitch to move its coming off so slow I mean 6lb in 5 weeks is terrible cos I have had great success with diets before I juiced anyway thanks for the replies

peace

OJ
    it makes a difference when and what kind of carbs you take in during the day. are you getting adequate rest during the night?
    you know the story already if you dont get in nuff cals your body holds on to the fat. i agree with the other reply posted earlier trying (low to moderate diet) not a high to low.take a break from all those Eca stacks and clen . try your regular routine without that stuff (i mean completely drop that stuff everything). stop looking at the scale!! go on the results you see in the mirror not the scale.

good luck

thanks u just saved me 80$ lol on the MD6 I was about to order lol, anyway I have tried in between the diets just eating moderate diets and without eca and so on just gain weight trust me my body is freaky definately not normal the way it responds. I am waiting to add armidex 1mg ed see it helps to reduce estrogenic fat pattern, thanks for the reply

peace

letmein is offline Associate Member
    You can do it just be CONSISTANT! I recently went from 12% to sub 4% in 12 weeks and I have kept it under 8% with a normal life. Through my 12 weeks of contest prep I dropped from 234 to 202 dry on the day of my show. I seem to hold about 12lbs of water so if had I not dryed out I would have weighed 214 at 4%. I did EQ/Fina/Prop for the first 6 weeks and Fina/Winny/Halo the last six weeks to keep the lbm.

I did what everyone on this board sayes to do;

6 meals/day
    300gm P, 125c 45f
    no high GI carbs
    low/no carbs after lunch
    Lots of flank steak
    2 gal water/day
    45 min cardio upon waking
    30 more before bed
    1 body part per week
    8-9 hours sleep every night
    1 peice of chocolate cake per week

Cut out the cake 6 weeks out
    Cut out bars and shakes 3 weeks out
    Cut out eggs 2 weeks out
    Cut sodium 1 week out
    Cut water 18 hours out
    Took Aldactone to dry out.

Typical day

Meals

1: 6 egg beaters 1/2 cup oatmeal (dry measure) (29p, 31c, 3f 270cal)
    2: RTD 40 shake (40p,15c, 3f 240cal)
    3: 6 oz flank steak, 1/2 cup oatmeal (40p, 27c, 13f 411 cals)
    4: 6 oz flank steak, 1/2 cup oatmeal (40p, 27c, 13f 411 cals)
    5: Lean Body bar (31p, 16c, 6f 280 cals)
    6: 12 oz Chicken Tenders, 1 cup broccoli (83p, 8c, 2f 373cals)

Totals (300p, 124c, 45f 2160 cals) or 10.7 x my target body weight
    Last edited by letmein; 07-02-2002 at 11:50 AM.

Japan man is offline New Member
    hey bro sorry to hear about your dilema; how long have you been on stimulants? you keep mentionaing eca....... you should get your thyroid checked if it is suppressed too low, it is virtually impossible to maintain any amount of bf% you loose. so if worst comes to worst and you cant figure it out, go to the doc for T3/T4 check. also if your carbs are dropped too low leptin signals to your brain is suppressed, therefore, a major rebound occurs after coming off the diet.

IMO i think your thyroid is fucked;....good luck bro see what happends. please keep us posted
    DONT GIVE UP!

hmm, I was gonna try some t3 this week but maybe I will get the tests done first, thanks
    peace

Japan man is offline New Member
    np. good luck bro. dieting can be a bitch sometimes.

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    I eat real well all week, sat night and all day sunday i eat whatever i want and i mean whatever. I gain about 10 pounds, but by tuesday or wed morning i am the same weight or maybe a little less then what i was before i started cheating sat night. I relized that its basically all water weight and learnt to deal with it. What will help is if u take a water pill the day that ur cheating and also the day after. if i do that within 36 hours after my cheat day and a half i am 100% back to normal. and when i cheat i cheat. Try the water pill it may help

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    my body phat is about 5.5%, if u want to try my diet email me , i have given it to a couple of friends and they have gottong right down to were i'm at. Its very hard but it will work, and like i said u have 36 hours every week to eat what u have been pull your hair out for all week.

Thread Information