Thread: WOW Chips?

CLK Davey is offline Junior Member

WOW Chips?

I try to watch my diet all the time to maintain my 6-pack, but somtimes I have cravings for doritos, so I grab a bag of WOW chips made with OLEAN supposedly fat free, is this OK to eat?

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I dont know this brand off hand but i dont know about you but if i want a small bag of chips once a week, i eat it.

I eat clean 24/7 but sometimes i just break and have a sprite or snickers bar once a week. heh i just do it on weight days since i work extra hard those days

BUMP for those that know the answer

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    There is like 1 gram of fat per serving in the WOW Doritos...remember, it is not always the fat content that puts on the weight...it is the extra calories and carbs that you consume when you eat those chips...but I am with Buddha_Red, if you have a craving fulfill it, just don't go overboard...I always have a free day once a week to eat anything that I craved during the week...I am good for four or five days after that, then just two more days to wait until I get to do it again.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Look at sodium content and the kind of carbs your taking in. It's enriched flour, processed food. Not something to have as a meal, but hey, I gotta get my cheats in every once in a while to

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    I believe OLEAN really is a fat but it just cannot be absorbed by the body....it comes right out in your s***....I had a bag of these once and I had an oily substance in my S***...also, you lose a lot of fat soluble vitamins (D,E,K,A) when you eat these because they too do not get absorbed.....thats why, if you have noticed, they fortify the chips with extra fat soluble vitamins.....hope this helps....

D

LightSnack is offline New Member
    look at the warning on the bag.
    My cause abdominal cramping and loose stool.

But they sho do taste good!!!

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    dam225 is correct...the low fat molecule in OLEAN is actually a very enormous fat molecule, so large that the metabolic state of your body unrecognizes it and it bypasses straight into the intestines without being absorbed...but beware of the saturated fat in those chips I believe them to be no less than 10% and that is being generous.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I'm not sure about that particular barnd off hand but I do recommend a cheat day from time to time. You just need to remember to keep everything in moderation. A bag of chips every once in awhile will not hurt your diet to bad just don't go over baord and keep them to a MINIUM.
    Tobey

Thread Information