sweetgirl is offline Female Member

list of food, please

hey ,

just wondering if anyone have a list of no carb /low carb of food ??? i want to cut my carb intake, but carbs are everywhere !!...... thx guys...
    sweetgirl

demetri is offline Member
    Labels are a good place to start. I guess the question is are you trying to keep your fat low as well?

If not then you can eat cheese, if you're picky about the cheese you can get lots of cheeses with virtually no carbs, just don't trust them if they don't have a nutritional label. If you do your own baking then you can substitute soy for flower in just about any recipe. You can make soy protein muffins, pancakes, bread.... and what ever else a baker can bake.

I also like eggs, lots of really good fat - low carbs. With the eggs you can make lots of tasty low carb omelettes.

If you're more into ratios and want to make sure that you're getting an even measure of fat, protein, and carbs then you can avoid breads, supplement with flax oil or Udo's Choice (my fav), and eat natural peanut butter.

hi demetri,

thx for the reply......
    well, i would like to follow a very low carb diet, like about 30-40 gr / day and high protein......and i want a list of food and the amount of carb in it, and not too high in fat either,......
    i dont cook, i dont really eat bread, or pasta, and i dont eat much of cheese.....
    i m not looking for any receipe, just a good list of food, other than eggs, tuna,.....and such.....
    maybe there is a web site with all the listing of low/ no carb ????...i have searched, but they dont give me a list.....?????

thx
    sweetgirl

There must be something at Chapters. I did have a book a few years ago that listed the contents (fat, protein, carbs) but I lost it in a move.

I'm a label reader, but anything that isn't baked shouldn't load you up with too many carbs. Any kind of meat with some kind of salad will give you flavour without too many carbs.

Sorry but I don't have a list. I'm on a keto diet (low carb, high fat) at the moment so I don't eat any carbs.

I start my day off with eggs cooked in olive oil, chicken for lunch, and steak for dinner (sometimes fish). I supplement with flax oil and that's pretty much it. It's boring but it works for me. I do this for 5 days a week and then I carb load for 2.

I figured out my diet a few years ago and I don't remember the exact figures. When I don't do the keto diet I find it useful to stay away from bleached flower and sugar (lots of carbs) and eat lots of nuts and a moderate amount of meat.

Nuts are good because they have lots of essential fats and depending on the nut they don't have that many carbs.

Olives are fairly low carb ... lots of fat but it's all good.

You could try the low carb MRPs (good for someone who doesn't cook), but I don't trust them. They don't put all the carbs on the label. Anything they feel is low glycemic they omit. Maybe there is some sense in doing that but I don't trust it.

Sorry to be so long winded, it's raining like crazy here and I'm cooped up inside..... plus I don't think I'm coming close to answering your question. If I find something more to the point I'll post it.

Try these sites, they may have what you're looking for:

http://www.calorie-counter-chart.com/
    http://www.caloriecountercharts.com/
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...es_static.html

Or you could always try some Glucerna http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...es_static.html afterall diabetics can't eat too many carbs.

thx millions, demetri !!!
    your second website is actually what i was looking for....the list goes frm 0 carbs to 400 carbs !!...well, now that i think of it, perhaps the keto diet would be less confusing and easier to follow !!! ..i guess i could handle to crack some eggs and put salad in a bowl, and add some olive oil...and voila !!!............im inviting u for dinner tonite !!!.......lol.......

and what is the low carb MRP ???

well, thx again, demetri for the site........and if it makes u feel any better, its pretty ugly out here as well !!!.....and i caught the rain while i was biking to the gym,..so my behind was all dirty ..!!! ( i guess it happens to the best of us !!)
    sweetgirl

Originally posted by sweetgirl
    and what is the low carb MRP ???
    It's simply Meal Replacement Products. Bars, shakes and the like. For the most part I don't like or trust any of the low carb variety. Sure they taste great but so does a peanut butter sandwich.

Dinner sounds good, just a short 16 hour drive

The weather finnaly turned out nice here, now I just have to find a way to keep the mosquito's off.

I don't envy peope biking in the rain. At least you get some cardio on your way to the gym.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I personnally like to read and as a result often find myself cruising the local bookstores for any topic that I might have in mind at the time. Try looking up The Protien Counter by Annette B. Natow and Jo-Ann Heslin. The nutritional values of most foods are located in here and it is pretty accurate.
    IC

Thread Information